Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you preach LGW, that you can afflict widows and orphans, because you are not under that shadow law?
Hurting widows and orphans is not a sin?
Nope. Now your making things up that no one has said to you and not reading the posts and scriptures provided only as a help to you. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the new COVENANT is? You mix up the Shadow laws that point to Jesus and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT with God's eternal laws that give us a KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; PSALMS 119:172.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is hurting widows and orphans a profound disobedience to God's decree?

Is EXODUS 22:22 a shadow law in your view David? If you believe it is please explain how it is? You have already been shown through the scriptures what shadow laws are but you have ignored the scriptures and the posts provided to you in order to make up an argument no one is arguing about. If there is no argument why argue about things no one is arguing about. You are only arguing with yourself or worse still God's WORD that you have ignored in the previous posts.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is EXODUS 22:22 a shadow law in your view David? If you believe it is please explain how it is? You have already been shown through the scriptures what shadow laws are but you have ignored the scriptures and the posts provided to you in order to make up an argument no one is arguing about. If there is no argument why argue about things no one is arguing about. You are only arguing with yourself or worse still God's WORD that you have ignored in the previous posts.
Your claiming that I ignored the scripture, I did not ignore your posts or the scripture.

You simply refuse to answer the question.

In my Bible, the law says not to hurt widows or orphans. Sin is lawlessness, to hurt widows and orphans is lawlessness in the extreme.

Is Exodus 22:22, a shadow law?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your claiming that I ignored the scripture, I did not ignore your posts or the scripture.

You simply refuse to answer the question.

In my Bible, the law says not to hurt widows or orphans. Sin is lawlessness, to hurt widows and orphans is lawlessness in the extreme.

Is Exodus 22:22, a shadow law?

If you did not ignore the posts and scriptures provided to you than you did not understand them. Your question was answered maybe you did not like the answer? Where have I ever posted that EXODUS 22:22 is a shadow law?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you did not ignore the posts and scriptures provided to you than you did not understand them. Your question was answered maybe you did not like the answer? Where have I ever posted that EXODUS 22:22 is a shadow law?
If it is not a shadow law, then you are under that law, LGW.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If it is not a shadow law, then you are under that law, LGW.
Not really David. Your only under the law if you stand guilty before God of breaking it [SIN] *ROMANS 3:19-20; ROMANS 2:12-13. Love is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:31. If you have been FORGIGVEN for your sins through REPENTANCE *ACTS 2:38; CONFESSION and FAITH *PROVERBS 28:13; 1 JOHN 5:4. Then you are no longer under the condemnation of the law and are free to walk in God's Spirit *ROMANS 8:1-4. If you are really walking in God's Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh [knowingly break God's LAW] *GALATIANS 5:16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really David. Your only under the law if you stand guilty before God of breaking it [SIN] *ROMANS 3:19-20; ROMANS 2:12-13. Love is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:31. If you have been FORGIGVEN for your sind through REPENTANCE *ACTS 2:38; CONFESSION and FAITH *PROVERBS 28:13; 1 JOHN 5:4. Then you are no longer under the condemnation of the law and are free to walk in God's Spirit *ROMANS 8:1-4; GALATIANS 5:16
Sin is lawlessness, neglecting and even afflicting widows and orphans, is a very serious sin.

You believe that you are only forgiven your past sins. Hence LGW, afflicting widows and orphans is a sin, that you need to pay very careful attention to. Afflicting widows and orphans is past, present and future sin.

If your religion concentrates on a one day observance, but neglects to mention God's decree regarding widows and orphans. Then your religion is worthless and dangerous.

Perhaps LGW, I should check your previous posts to see whether your interpretation is valid. Is the SDA preoccupied with caring for widows and orphans? Is the SDA a perfect Christian religion?

Hmmm, I wonder what I will find?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sin is lawlessness, neglecting and even afflicting widows and orphans, is a very serious sin.

You believe that you are only forgiven your past sins. Hence LGW, afflicting widows and orphans is a sin, that you need to pay very careful attention to. Afflicting widows and orphans is past, present and future sin.

If your religion concentrates on a one day observance, but neglects to mention God's decree regarding widows and orphans. Then your religion is worthless and dangerous.

Perhaps LGW, I should check your previous posts to see whether your interpretation is valid. Is the SDA preoccupied with caring for widows and orphans? Is the SDA a perfect Christian religion?

Hmmm, I wonder what I will find?

David you must be pretty desparate to try and make up arguments no one is arguing about and claiming things no one is saying to you? Please if you disagree with any scriptures I have posted then respond to my posts and the scriptures in them and stop making false accusations you cannot prove by the Word of God alone. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleive and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Pehaps it's time to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
David you must be pretty desparate to try and make up arguments no one is arguing about and claiming things no one is saying to you? Please if you disagree with any scriptures I have posted then respond to my posts and the scriptures in them and stop making false accusations you cannot prove by the Word of God alone. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleive and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Pehaps it's time to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.
Well LGW, is caring for orphans a commandment given by God or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well LGW, is caring for orphans a commandment given by God or not?
David what do you think is the difference between the laws for remission of sin and animal sacrifices and sin offerings in the old covenant and EXODUS 22:22 not afflicting widows and children? Do we still need to do sin offerings today by burnt offereings? If not why? Do we still have to not afflict widows and children? If not why?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

My religion is God's WORD who do you follow?

Upvote 0

Dave B

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
Springfield, Missouri
✟28,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. The Catholic and Protestant versions of the 10 Commandments are a little different. This is how they are made up for Catholics:

1. “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”

2. “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”

3. “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”

The above pertain to God

4. “Honor thy father and mother.”

5. “Thou shalt not kill.”

6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

7. “Thou shalt not steal.”

8. “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”

9. “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.”

10. “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.”

The last 7 above pertain to our neighbors.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
David what do you think is the difference between the laws for remission of sin and animal sacrifices and sin offerings in the old covenant and EXODUS 22:22 not afflicting widows and children? Do we still need to do sin offerings today by burnt offereings? If not why? Do we still have to not afflict widows and children? If not why?
Paul in as late as chapter twenty four of the book of Acts, is still presenting offerings in the temple!

Acts 24:17
Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings, in which they found me occupied in the temple.

Of course we still make sacrifices also.

Hebrews 13:15
Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

Hebrews 13:16
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

The law of Moses was translated into the law of Christ, you may have missed that change.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

This is the precise reason why a physical circumcision became a circumcision performed by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

NOT BY THE LETTER OF THE LAW!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul in as late as chapter twenty four of the book of Acts, is still presenting offerings in the temple!

Acts 24:17
Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings, in which they found me occupied in the temple.

Of course we still make sacrifices also.

Hebrews 13:15
Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

Hebrews 13:16
And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

The law of Moses was translated into the law of Christ, you may have missed that change.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.

This is the precise reason why a physical circumcision became a circumcision performed by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 2:29
But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

NOT BY THE LETTER OF THE LAW!

Now David your twisting scritpure. What law is being discussed in HEBREWS 7:12, the 10 commandments or the laws for the Levitical Priesthood from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7?

No one is saved by the letter of the law. However if you have never known the letter of the law how can you know the Spirit of the law?

What does the letter of the law and the Spirit of the law mean to you?

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. The Catholic and Protestant versions of the 10 Commandments are a little different. This is how they are made up for Catholics:

1. “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”

2. “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”

3. “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”

The above pertain to God

4. “Honor thy father and mother.”

5. “Thou shalt not kill.”

6. Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

7. “Thou shalt not steal.”

8. “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.”

9. “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife.”

10. “Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.”

The last 7 above pertain to our neighbors.

Hello brother Dave B, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Why did the Catholic Church change the commandments when compared to the normal bible?

Upvote 0

4meta

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2013
✟29,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello brother Dave B, thanks for sharing your thoughts here. Why did the Catholic Church change the commandments when compared to the normal bible?

That can definitely be a new conversation thread. The Catholic natural moral law & the positive divine law VS God's commandments is a very interesting comparison. I was amazed about what I had learned while making this comparison. I'm far from done and it has been an ongoing exercise for myself. I look forward to Dave B's answer.

• Informative
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not really David. Your only under the law if you stand guilty before God of breaking it [SIN] *ROMANS 3:19-20; ROMANS 2:12-13. Love is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:31. If you have been FORGIGVEN for your sins through REPENTANCE *ACTS 2:38; CONFESSION and FAITH *PROVERBS 28:13; 1 JOHN 5:4. Then you are no longer under the condemnation of the law and are free to walk in God's Spirit *ROMANS 8:1-4. If you are really walking in God's Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh [knowingly break God's LAW] *GALATIANS 5:16.
Hello LGW.

You made the following statement.
Your only under the law if you stand guilty before God of breaking it
I disagree with this statement of yours.

I believe that the Jews were under the entire law. Hence, whether they had broken a law or not, they were still under that law anyway.

Think of this example, the law says, you shall not speed on the road. Regardless of whether you obey the speed limit or not, you are still bound by all the road laws.

Upvote 0

Matthew13:9

Nov 13, 2017
ontario
✟3,460.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

Some people are going around teaching that God's 10 Commandments are ABOLISHED and no longer a standard for Christian living. Yet the NEW TESTAMENT alone does not teach this at all.

1 JOHN 2:1-4
[1], MY LITTLE CHILDREN, THESE THINGS, I WRITE UNTO YOU THE YOU SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
[3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
[4], HE THAT SAYS, I KNOW HIM AND DOES NOT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.

WHAT DID JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TEACH ABOUT GOD’S LAW
(the scriptures below are no where near exhaustive from the NT alone)

Jesus taught the 10 commandments…..

1. Jesus kept God’s Law (10 commandments) and said the Law and the prophets would not pass away (Matt 5:17-18)
2. Jesus taught others to follow the 10 commandments (Mark 10:17-21)
3. Jesus taught that Love is the fulfilling (doing) of God’s Law (10 commandments Matt 22:36-40)
4. If we break God’s Law by following man-made traditions we are not following God (Matt 15:3-9)
5. Jesus says if we commit sin we are a servant of sin and he has come to free us from sin (John 8:32-36)
6. Jesus taught if you love God you will keep God’s Law and abide in His Love (John 14:15; 15:10
7. If anyone is breaking any of God’s commandments and teaching others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven <least = lost> (Matt 5:19)
8. No one can obey God’s Law producing the fruit of obedience of ourselves and unless we abide in Jesus we can do nothing (John 15:4-10)

Paul affirms the Ten Commandments……

1. Paul teaches God's people keep the Sabbath Hebrews 4.
2. Paul tells gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Cor 7:19
3. Paul tells gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justified... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Rom 2:13-16
4. Paul asks that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31
5. Paul tells ALL Christians that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the Law of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8:6-8
6 Paul reaches all Christians under the NEW Covenant that God's LAW as known in Jer 31:31-33 is "written on the heart and mind" Heb 8:7-11
7. Paul tells all Christians that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2Tim 3:16
AND He never claims that "if I did not write it -- it is not scripture for us today" -- as one or two have imagined for us.
8. Paul tells all Christians that the 5th commandment is the "FIRST commandment with a promise" Eph 6:1-2 and is binding on all Christians.
9. God's Law (10 commandments) are holy, just and good (Rom 7:12)
10. God's Law gives us a knowledge of what sin is (Rom 3:20; 7:7)
11. The penalty of breaking God's Law without Jesus is death (Rom 6:23)
12. If we break God's Law we dishonor God (Rom 2:23)
13. If we sin we are "under the Law" and guilty before God (Rom 3:19)
14. We are saved by faith but our faith establishes the Law in us (Rom 3:31)
15. If we are saved by grace we should not break God's Law (Rom 6:1-7)
16. We should not break God's Law if we are under grace (Rom 6:15)
17. We are to serve the Law of God through the mind because that is where sin starts (Rom 6:17; 7:25; 8:4; 12:2)
18. It is God's Law that brings us to Jesus (Gal 3:24)
19. God's salvation frees us from sin so we can be obedient to God's Law and live a life of holiness (Rom 6:22)
20. We will be judged by God's Law and only those that are obedient will be justified because of their faith (Rom 2:4-13)
21. God's Law can only be obeyed through love and a changed heart which comes by faith in God's Word (Rom 2:21-29; 13:9-10; Heb 8:9-10)
22. If we break God's Law and are in unrepentant sin we will be lost and will received God's judgements (Heb 10:26-27)

John affirms the 10 commandments……

1. John says it is only by keeping God’s 10 commandments that we know that we know God (1 John 2:3)
2. If someone says that they know God and do not keep God’s 10 commandments they are lying and not telling the truth (1 John 2:4)
3. We should purify ourselves as Jesus is pure (1 John 3:3)
4. Sin is the breaking of God’s 10 commandments (1 John 3:4)
5. Whoever is abiding in Christ does not commit sin (1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10)
6. If you are in unrepentant sin you have not seen Jesus or know him (1 John 3:6)
7. John warns us that only those that are obedience to God’s Law are his true followers (1 John 3:7)
8. If someone is committing unrepentant sin they are following the devil and not God (1 John 3:7)
9. If you are born of God and abiding in him you will not commit sin (1 John 3:9; 1 John 3:6; John 15:4-10
10. It is the keeping of God’s commandments that is the difference between those that are following God and those that are not following God (1 John 3:10; 1 John 5:3)
11. It is only by Love through faith that we can keep God’s commandments (1 John 5:3-4)
12. God’s true believers in the end days will keep all of God’s commandments through faith in Jesus (Rev 14:12; 22:14)

James also affirms the 10 commandments…….

1. James says God’s Law (10 commandments) are a Royal Law (James 2:8)
2. If we break one of God’s commandments we a guilty before God as sinners breaking all of God’s Law and gave some examples of breaking God’s Law (James 2:9-11)
3. James says God’s Law is a law of liberty and freedom (James 2:12)
4. The 10 commandments (God’s Law) are the standard in the judgment (James 2:12)
5. If our faith does not have the fruit of obedience to God’s Law it is dead and not true faith (James 2:16-26)

Peter affirms the 10 commandments……..

1. Sanctification is to obedience to God’s Law (1 Pet 1:2)
2. We can only be changed from sin to obedience to God’s Law by the power of God and it will be revealed in the last days (1 Pet 1:5)
3. We should give up our sins to be holy because Jesus is holy (1 Pet 1:13-16)
4. Jesus is your example who did no sin (1 Pet 2:21-22)
5. Cease from sin and do not live in the flesh (1 Pet 4:1-3)
6. Judgement will begin at the house of God and sinners (those breaking God’s 10 commandments) will not be saved.
7. God has given us his precious promises and as we believe them God will grant us his divine power to live a life of Godliness (obedience to God’s Law; 2 Pet 1:2-4)
8. The Un-Godly (disobedient to God’s Law) will be like Sodom and Gomorrah (2 Pet 2:6)
9. If any turn away from God’s Law and are in unrepentant sin breaking any of God’10 commandments they will be lost (2 Pet 2:20-22)
10 God is not willing that any should perish but that everyone should come to repentance and turn away from sin to follow God’s 10 commandments because those that do not will receive the judgements of God (2 Pet 3:5-14)

I see some people do not know what made up the OLD COVENANT laws and their purpose in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT and therefore think God's LAW has been abolished when it is only th SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT and not God's ETERNAL LAW that gives us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:11; 1 John 3:4)

CAN'T HAVE A GOSPEL WITHOUT THE LAW

I believe the role of God's LAW is to give us a KNOLEDGE of good and evil; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS. Nothing more and nothing less. They are our duty of LOVE to God and man. They show us that all we can do without Jesus is sin and that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour.

*If God's LAW is ABOLSHED then we no longer have any KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.
*If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what sin is and that we are sinners we ahve no need of a Saviour
*If we have no need of a Saviour then we have no Salvation
*If we have no Salavtion then we are still in our sins and the scriputure is fulfilled...

ROMANS 2:12-13 [12], For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; [13], For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

My thoughts is that we are NOT SAVED by God's 10 Commandments. Their purpose is to give us a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is and to lead us to the Cross so that we might be justified by faith (Galatains 3:23-24). The ROLE of God's LAW is to give us a KNOWLEDGE of good and evil; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS (Romans 3:20; Psalms 119:172; James 2:11 Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4). In the NEW COVENANT God's LAW is to be written on our hearts as we are born again to LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE God's WORD (Hebrews 8:10-12; Romans 13:8-10; Matthew 22:36-40; 1 John 3:3-10; John 3:3)

OPEN FOR FRIENDLY CHRISTIAN DISCUSSION.

What are your thoughts? ARE God's 10 Commandments ABOLISHED like some think and no longer the standard for Christian living?

May God bless you as we seek him through his WORD :wave:
You are Confused.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are Confused.

Hello my friend I doubt it. The scriptures your quoting from are God's WORDs not mine so your argument is with God not me. You only provide your own words in place of God's. Who should we believe you or God? I know who I believe *ROMANS 3:4, Do you have any scripture to share? I guess not or you would have shared them already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0