Are Gentiles God's chosen people?

D

Digout

As the title states, do you guys believe that Gentiles (together with Jews) are God's chosen people?

Yes, undoubtedly through Jesus only for both!

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
I like to add from the bible

Isaiah 11:10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious.

Joel 2:28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30 I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
even among the survivors
whom the Lord calls.

Upvote 0
D

Digout

Yes, that is by the spiritual seed and not by the descendent, if God made a one covenant it does not mean that it is the only one unless he said somewhere that there is no other covenant.

The question is: why was there a need for the second covenant?

The letter of the Law was incomplete, and it was fulfilled to lead to spiritual life. There is not just one covenant; there are many. Jesus' covenant in blood was required for a spiritual life rather than legalistic life.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Gentiles are not a "chosen people"; gentiles means "peoples" so the term clearly cannot be referring to "one chosen people": Israel is the only chosen people, and Gentiles are invited to become part of Israel by conforming to Israel and her Ways, Ethos, Traditions, Customs, etc. The Pharisees invited the Greeks, and the Talmidim of Yeshua invited the Greeks. These things are confirmed by history and scripture.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The letter of the Law was incomplete, and it was fulfilled to lead to spiritual life. There is not just one covenant; there are many. Jesus' covenant in blood was required for a spiritual life rather than legalistic life.

Yet, Abraham was able to live through faith, as were other saints, before the 1st century.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Definitely
That's why all of us will be celebrating Shavout this week. Right?

We celebrate it to the extent we are, conform to or imitate the Jews to whom this festival was given. Never did God send a messenger to the eskimoes, aztecs or vikings, telling them any thing about a Shavu'ot; never did God send a messenger to the angles, saxons, jutes, manchu or dravidians, telling them anything about an omer count, or any such thing.

Upvote 0

Marius27

Feb 16, 2013
✟6,009.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
As the title states, do you guys believe that Gentiles (together with Jews) are God's chosen people?

No, since Gentile and Jew would mean every human being is God's chosen people. The concept of "Chosen people" is reserved for Jews who serve a special purpose. Gentiles were offered the gift of salvation, but that doesn't make them a chosen people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No, since Gentile and Jew would mean every human being is God's chosen people. The concept of "Chosen people" is reserved for Jews who serve a special purpose. Gentiles were offered the gift of salvation, but that doesn't make them a chosen people.

exactly.
if everyone is chosen, or if everyone is a winner, then nobody is chosen, and nobody is a winner.

Upvote 0
D

Digout

Gentiles are not a "chosen people"; gentiles means "peoples" so the term clearly cannot be referring to "one chosen people": Israel is the only chosen people, and Gentiles are invited to become part of Israel by conforming to Israel and her Ways, Ethos, Traditions, Customs, etc. The Pharisees invited the Greeks, and the Talmidim of Yeshua invited the Greeks. These things are confirmed by history and scripture.

Israel were chosen and now rejected people!

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

So, unless someone becomes part of the nation of Israel they can never be called God's child?

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory, 24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As He says also in Hosea:

“I will call them My people, who were not My people,
And her beloved, who was not beloved.”
26 “And it shall come to pass in the place where it was said to them,
‘You are not My people,’
There they shall be called sons of the living God.” - Romans 9:22-26

Did Paul incorrectly quote Hosea, when he claimed that Gentiles are now God's people?

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So, unless someone becomes part of the nation of Israel they can never be called God's child?

Did I say that?

Also, what is the value of that term?
I know Adam was called "son of God" and even fallen angels have been called by the term "sons of God" before Israel existed.
Being called "son of God" merely describes your nature or origin, not your obedience. A son can disobey, but a servant is defined by his obedience not his origin. I would rather be an obedient human than a disobedient cherub.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Israel were chosen and now rejected people!

lol

You think this type of tripe is only "out there" and that you won't encounter it, but then you do.
On the forum of Messianic JUDAISM no less.

Hey I can respond in kind.

Israel were indeed rejected. That's why those tribes were lost. But the Jews are still around, for they are the covenant-keepers.

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did I say that?

Also, what is the value of that term?
I know Adam was called "son of God" and even fallen angels have been called by the term "sons of God" before Israel existed.
Being called "son of God" merely describes your nature or origin, not your obedience. A son can disobey, but a servant is defined by his obedience not his origin. I would rather be an obedient human than a disobedient cherub.

Yep.

..and I quote:

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yep.

..and I quote:

well even in your quote, I don't actually say that.
but I gave you an answer rigth after my rhetorical question anyway; qv. my previous post, which you clearly responded to too quickly. The point is obedience to Torah, not theory and invisible things.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
How do Gentiles become part of God's people?

By joining God's people, Israel (the Jews).

Gentiles are invited to become part of God's covenant-people Israel, by conforming to the Way, the Ethos, the Traditions, of Israel. Anything less than this is to create a new Gentile "Israel" that is not really Israel; it is revisionism and "creative", rather than obedient and conforming.

Most don't want to join God's PEOPLE though. They don't want to be part of a PEOPLE; they want to be little know-it-alls without organization, arrogantly and hubristically assuming themselves to be among the few in the know (the Elite) and that God has replaced his Am, his Volk, his People, for a handful of few modern Western besserwissers.

Upvote 0