Roanoke, Illinois
✟1,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Are Gates and Walls Immoral? If you believe in God, and you answered yes, you might want to rethink that.

Trump is building a wall on the Southern border, and many Democrats called it "immoral".
But if those same Democrat Politicians, Liberal Fake News Media(ABC, NBC, CBS), and Democrat voters call it immoral, then what do they think about the Pearly Gates before you enter heaven?

What do Democrat voters think about Democrat Politicians living in gated communities with walls? Why did Obama raise the fence that surrounds the White House, when he was President, if Walls, and fences or so Racist, and Immoral?

It's quite simple actually...…...It's because they're not Racist or Immoral. It's simply just another lie from the Fake Democrat Mainstream Media, and Democrat Politicians.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Walls and gates are inanimate objects. They don't have moral value one way or the other. What makes them immoral or not is the intent behind them.

Yes of course people rightfully call Trump's wall plans immoral. It's also just recklessly ineffective and comparing it to gates around a mansion is silly.

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are Gates and Walls Immoral? If you believe in God, and you answered yes, you might want to rethink that.

Trump is building a wall on the Southern border, and many Democrats called it "immoral".
But if those same Democrat Politicians, Liberal Fake News Media(ABC, NBC, CBS), and Democrat voters call it immoral, then what do they think about the Pearly Gates before you enter heaven?

What do Democrat voters think about Democrat Politicians living in gated communities with walls? Why did Obama raise the fence that surrounds the White House, when he was President, if Walls, and fences or so Racist, and Immoral?

It's quite simple actually...…...It's because they're not Racist or Immoral. It's simply just another lie from the Fake Democrat Mainstream Media, and Democrat Politicians.
No reference in Scripture to any such "pearly gate." However, if gates and walls are immoral, then the New Jerusalem with its walls and gate, which descends from heaven to earth is immoral.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate

Treat others as you wish to be treated . Many people who say Lord, Lord will find them selves shut out of eternity by a wall they built but heaven is a place of peace ..No politics and nothing to argue about so I don't think these people would like heaven . No one to stir up in anger . Nothing to say after " Depart from me you who work iniquity . " But it is God's will that we humble ourselves and be forgiven so we can be citizens of His Kingdom ..a Kingdom of joy and peace .

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prov 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law.

The Hebrew for vision means fence...

This concept is well embedded in OT wisdom.

In modern times, to say this is OK, but that is not OK, is not PC.

The objection to a wall or a fence is conceptually deep in the philosophy of relativism.

Globalism is also frustrated by borders of any kind.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

True probably most of the complainer have a big fence around their house.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No democrat has said that all gates and walls are inherently immoral. Why do you think this? Is this a joke?

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Walls and gates are inanimate objects. They don't have moral value one way or the other. What makes them immoral or not is the intent behind them.

Yes of course people rightfully call Trump's wall plans immoral. It's also just recklessly ineffective and comparing it to gates around a mansion is silly.
I'm just thankful for the 1000 mile wide moat around my country. Prevents a lot of problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm just thankful for the 1000 mile wide moat around my country. Prevents a lot of problems.

:D

Helps to keep those pesky Australians out, huh?

To be for real I went to your country over the summer, well your winter, loved it.

Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:D

Helps to keep those pesky Australians out, huh?

To be for real I went to your country over the summer, well your winter, loved it.
Eh! Not the same as your winter though, that is truly awesome!
cold-weather-niagara-falls-20171229.jpg
Not my pic, but I have been here when it was like this.
Your winter serves a similar purpose to our moat.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Eh! Not the same as your winter though, that is truly awesome!
cold-weather-niagara-falls-20171229.jpg
Not my pic, but I have been here when it was like this.
Your winter serves a similar purpose to our moat.

We were lucky bc the winter in NZ wasn't that unpleasant for us, especially in comparison to what we deal w in Canada. We were told it was one of the warmest winters ever. One of my favourite books had been made into a movie and it was filmed in NZ, The Lovely Bones. They filmed in NZ for the scenes of heaven!!! So I looked up the filming locations & then we went there! It was literally a dream come true for me!

Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We were lucky bc the winter in NZ wasn't that unpleasant for us, especially in comparison to what we deal w in Canada. We were told it was one of the warmest winters ever. One of my favourite books had been made into a movie and it was filmed in NZ, The Lovely Bones. They filmed in NZ for the scenes of heaven!!! So I looked up the filming locations & then we went there! It was literally a dream come true for me!
It does bemuse me a little when I hear Canadians talking about the winter weather. I spent 6 weeks in paradise. Yeah it was tough weather but truly gorgeous and entirely workable (properly prepared and dressed). Spent most of the time in -17 and a few days below -20 with one day of -35 (went for an amazing walk that day).
In NZ our winters are much warmer but the irony is that we are commonly colder in our homes and outside than I ever was in Canada.
But you are not wrong, last winter was hardly a winter at all. More like an extended period of spring weather. Certainly confused the flowers and the sheep.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It does bemuse me a little when I hear Canadians talking about the winter weather. I spent 6 weeks in paradise. Yeah it was tough weather but truly gorgeous and entirely workable (properly prepared and dressed). Spent most of the time in -17 and a few days below -20 with one day of -35 (went for an amazing walk that day).
In NZ our winters are much warmer but the irony is that we are commonly colder in our homes and outside than I ever was in Canada.
But you are not wrong, last winter was hardly a winter at all. More like an extended period of spring weather. Certainly confused the flowers and the sheep.

I'm actually an American, I was born in Chicago so maybe that set me up to be able to handle cold weather for life! Lol. My family moved to Canada many yrs ago. I wish I was a Canadian for real though bc there's really great exchange programs with Australia & NZ!!!! It works both ways, there's a lot of young ppl from Australia & NZ who come to Canada especially to the ski resorts and whatnot to work. They can get visas that are good for up to almost 2 yrs! One of my friends was just in Whistler & said she made more friends with Australians & Kiwis there than she did Canadians bc there were way more of them! We met a lot of Canadians in Queenstown! I am looking at maybe doing a yr of grad school in Australia one day, there's a great program there, but that would be a ways off from now. I'd def fly back to NZ a lot if I was that much closer!

Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm actually an American, I was born in Chicago so maybe that set me up to be able to handle cold weather for life! Lol. My family moved to Canada many yrs ago. I wish I was a Canadian for real though bc there's really great exchange programs with Australia & NZ!!!! It works both ways, there's a lot of young ppl from Australia & NZ who come to Canada especially to the ski resorts and whatnot to work. They can get visas that are good for up to almost 2 yrs! One of my friends was just in Whistler & said she made more friends with Australians & Kiwis there than she did Canadians bc there were way more of them! We met a lot of Canadians in Queenstown! I am looking at maybe doing a yr of grad school in Australia one day, there's a great program there, but that would be a ways off from now. I'd def fly back to NZ a lot if I was that much closer!
They say it's a distilled version of Canada. I guess there's some truth in that. For my part I'd love to spend a lot more time around the lakes, Rideau, Trent/Severn canals and on down to Chicago. Bit of a dream of mine to.visit JPUSA in Chicago....and then there's the east coast thing, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton, Newffie land.
Hard to become a real Canadian though, I understand. You'd probably find it much easier to become a New Zealander.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
True probably most of the complainer have a big fence around their house.

M-Bob

Most of the people who have fences around their house paid for those fences themselves.

If Donald Trump owned all the land that he was wanting to put a wall on and was paying for the wall himself instead of diverting money from the military (among other things) for it then it would be totes logical to make such a comparison. As that's not the case at all it's absolutely illogical.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A national wall is somehow immoral? Hmm. That's a twist I'd have to see someone try to defend with legitimate argumentation. Maybe if some of the tons of drugs coming across our unwalled, unprotected borders were being sold out of a drug house next to your house, you might alter your perceptions about the morality behind a defensive wall....or not.

Jr

Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most of the people who have fences around their house paid for those fences themselves.

If Donald Trump owned all the land that he was wanting to put a wall on and was paying for the wall himself instead of diverting money from the military (among other things) for it then it would be totes logical to make such a comparison. As that's not the case at all it's absolutely illogical.
Absurd argument. It's called eminent domain when the gov't obtains land from private land owners for the "public good." It's also called taxes which you and I pay to finance these projects. Congress' refusal to provide the monies derived from our taxes left the President with no choice but to take monies appropriated for other projects.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Absurd argument. It's called eminent domain when the gov't obtains land from private land owners for the "public good." It's also called taxes which you and I pay to finance these projects. Congress' refusal to provide the monies derived from our taxes left the President with no choice but to take monies appropriated for other projects.

Anyone thinking that any American citizen truly owns the land they possess, well, they are totally lost to the realities. The government owns ALL real property in America, just as they do all throughout western Europe.

For anyone who would think to argue the point, perhaps they can explain how the government can take from you the real property, sell it, and give you nothing in return when you fail to "pay" your taxes. They can't take the shirt off your back without payment, but they can take the land and structures on the property and give nothing in return.

So, when the government can take from you something that they don't have to pay you for, then how is it that you genuinely own it? You don't! That land along the border, it ALL belongs to the government, just like the house and lands you paid to possess, but not own.

So, the government is protecting not only us, but also its own lands by erecting a fence/wall to keep out people who have no regard for our laws. Those who don't like that can pack up and move to another country, all of which also have walls and fences around their borders, complain about it there, and see just how far you get.

Whining about the wall is bankrupt of all reasonable rationale from what I've seen thus far. Keeping illegal voters for Democrats out is simply the icing on the largest volume of the cake.

Jr

Upvote 0