WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would like to know if traditionalist Catholics consider Eastern Catholics, such as the Melkites, traditional. If not, why not?

I have no idea; but I feel that they love traditions, and they
are very religious and devout.

Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have no idea; but I feel that they love traditions, and they
are very religious and devout.
I have seem some traditionalist sites, including one sedevacantist one (hardly traditional), which insists that Catholics of the Byzantine liturgical family have changed the ordination service and Liturgy to reflect Novus Ordo revisions. This is hardly true.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I have read, of interviews with Eastern Catholic priests and faithful, it sounds like Eastern Catholics are probably more likely to be morally and theologically traditional and sound than a lot of Western Catholics. Percentage wise.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Many Latin Rite Catholics who are affiliated with the SSPX will go to an Eastern Catholic parish if none of their own chapels are available

Also many more traditional Catholics respect the moral and theological conservatism of the Eastern Catholics in general

Sedes are crazy, do not pay them too much attention

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If they wanted to call themselves traditionalists then I would have no objections. They are theologically and morally conservative and the traditions within their rite have a long history and from what I can see, they have stuck to them.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
of course no group is perfect
the Bible says that the Wheat and the Tares grow side by side

but traditionalists are favorable about the Eastern Rite Churches in general
most in the Eastern Rite understand the importance of traditions (both Sacred Tradition which is a form of Divine Revelation, but also just the small t traditions of their own particular churches and just cultural traditions, while the latter two are not infallible, they still help to ground a person in the reality of faith and stands as a wall against the cultural marxism and relativism of the modern world)

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Many Latin Rite Catholics who are affiliated with the SSPX will go to an Eastern Catholic parish if none of their own chapels are available

Also many more traditional Catholics respect the moral and theological conservatism of the Eastern Catholics in general
Yes.
Sedes are crazy, do not pay them too much attention
Oh, Really?! :p

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have seem some traditionalist sites, including one sedevacantist one (hardly traditional), which insists that Catholics of the Byzantine liturgical family have changed the ordination service and Liturgy to reflect Novus Ordo revisions. This is hardly true.

Christ is risen!
Mind PM-ing me some of those websites? I am curious and would to see what it is that they're saying. As far as I know: it isn't true at all . . . but yea.

Upvote 0