Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are just an excuse to arrest people that are doing nothing but protesting.

Seattle declared a curfew 15 minutes before it was activated. 15 minutes is not enough time to get out of the streets with a protest going on.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Seattle declared a curfew 15 minutes before it was activated. 15 minutes is not enough time to get out of the streets with a protest going on.

Are you saying that the looting and rioting is made up?

• Informative
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

In the link I posted -- lots of time to get off the streets.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you saying that the looting and rioting is made up?
No, but it is not a majority of the protesters doing that.

In Seattle, I see protesters getting gassed without looting or rioting happening. It is the police instigating the violence without warning or verbal orders.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the link I posted -- lots of time to get off the streets.
True, but my trust in police is low right now. I don't think this stops looting and vandalism. It just means that they need to be more careful and organized. They will still do it.

The average protester is not going out unless en mass, and I know several have been mad enough to do so. I understand the logic behind the curfew. I don't think it works the way they want it to.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No, but it is not a majority of the protesters doing that.

In Seattle, I see protesters getting gassed without looting or rioting happening. It is the police instigating the violence without warning or verbal orders.

While I see some of that as well, I am also seeing the rioting and looting that needs the cops to do that. There is no reason EMS vehicles are being attacked or detained.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
True, but my trust in police is low right now. .

If someone is trying to break into my house - I am calling 911... no matter that there was a bad apple on the Police force in Minneapolis, Minn back in May of this year.

I won't be calling 911-rioters - and I suspect everyone agrees on this basic point.

I also know that all the police chiefs across the nation expressed disgust regarding that "bad apple" in Minneapolis ..

Is there a bad apple working in a grocery store on planet earth? how about in a hospital on planet earth? how about in a fire department some place on planet earth... what about one volunteering at a food bank some place on planet earth, in a church? A school? -- yep there is certain to be a few.

We all knew about that sort of thing a month ago. Thankfully "swift justice" was the response to this incident - arrested, jailed, charged with murder (even his wife filed for divorce).

Well done.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone is trying to break into my house - I am calling 911... no matter that there was a bad apple on the Police force in Minneapolis, Minn back in May of this year.

I won't be calling 911-rioters
And do you trust that police response to your 911 call is not going to shot you? Do you trust that they will get there in time?

If so, your lucky.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I see some of that as well, I am also seeing the rioting and looting that needs the cops to do that. There is no reason EMS vehicles are being attacked or detained.
I have not seen reports of EMS vehicles being attacked. It should not happen, but that is how mad people are out there. Suppressing the violence without addressing the reason they are mad will just result in this again.

And I am afraid that is what is going to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And do you trust that police response to your 911 call is not going to shot you? .

I don't call people to come and shoot me when I hear someone breaking into my house. I call 911, just like I do when I get into an accident. (Studies show that police are less hesitant about firing at someone in my demographic than at a black person -- but that does not phase me... I am calling 911 for the 99.99% chance of success)

That's not going to change because of a bad apple in the state of Minn in the month of May. Life goes on and thank God he got "swift justice".

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't call people to come and shoot me when I hear someone breaking into my house. I call 911, just like I do when I get into an accident. (Studies show that police are less hesitant about firing at someone in my demographic than at a black person -- but that does not phase me... I am calling 911 for the 99.99% chance of success)

That's not going to change because of a bad apple in the state of Minn in the month of May. Life goes on and thank God he got "swift justice".
The problem with thinking it is just a few bad apples is that you are ignoring the cops around them that don't do anything about their behavior or start to emulate that behavior. What do you think is your chance of getting a good cop is? 90%? 75%? 50%?

The police need to be monitored and corrected, and we need to get cops more training to deescalate and handle situations better. As it is now, many of the cops have a shoot-first attitude for many situations.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi mitchie,

Again, I'm not a part of this group so my apologies for stepping in here, but...

I find the premise of the thread to be somewhat flawed. We have some rioting and looting. It won't last forever. It isn't nearly the first time. The Watts riots of LA. The McDuffie riots of Miami. Black people get frustrated with their powerlessness over social injustice towards them and, from time to time, it breaks out into rioting and looting. Until we, as a nation, can accept the black man, the Mexican man, the Latin man as socially equal, there will always be unrest. There really isn't any justifiable reason that the man that the riots are about, should be dead.

The police need to be trained to subdue and release. By that I mean that once handcuffs are placed on a person, the hands of the police need to back off as far as any forceful or violent action. For those that might continue say, trying to run or doing a lot of moving around, then hog tie their feet. But the actions that are causing the police the most trouble, and this is not the first time, are actions of attacking the neck or throat. Future training should be that the neck and throat are off limits for police in trying to subdue a suspect. I'm all for police doing their job of keeping the peace through arrest and confinement of suspects, but there are a few measures that are currently being used by police that need to be trained out of them.

However, the premise made in the title that these looters are somehow going to destroy America, is ludicrous. This violence will go on for a time and then it will subside. Property will be damaged and then it will be, through insurance most likely, rebuilt and repaired. LA doesn't have any lasting effects from the Watts riots and Miami doesn't have any lasting effects from the McDuffie riots. None of the past rioting has ever come close, nor is it likely that it ever will, to destroying America. It's just frustrated people making themselves heard and the sooner we good ole white boys listen, the sooner it will end.

Unfortunately, while the method may be flawed, the pent up frustration and anxiety that have caused the 'method' is a real matter that needs to be addressed. People should not die at the hands of the police unless they are taking real action to cause serious harm to a police officer or other person. Once any suspect is subdued, then the pot shots with night sticks and fists and continued attempts to 'control' them by somehow restricting their neck, must stop!!!

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our neighborhood is locked down. Soldiers are stationed on several streets with barriers in place. They’re allowing essential workers and residents with IDs which prove they live in the area. Things are peaceful now.

~Bella

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The problem with thinking it is just a few bad apples is that you are ignoring the cops around them that don't do anything

There appear to have been 1 or 2. However is "my risk" when I dial 911 that a cop might show up who failed to complain ten years ago when he saw another cop be a "bad apple"??

I don't have immediate risk from them unless they have the much-discussed bad-apple with them at the moment and he just-so-happens to want to harm me.

Meanwhile I think there is some discussion about also charging the policemen that saw the deed and did nothing - so they too are in the scope of the resolution in the case of Minn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our neighborhood is locked down. Soldiers are stationed on several streets with barriers in place. They’re allowing essential workers and residents with IDs which prove they live in the area. Things are peaceful now.

~Bella

There is a lot to be said for "peaceful".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi mitchie,

Again, I'm not a part of this group so my apologies for stepping in here, but...

I find the premise of the thread to be somewhat flawed. We have some rioting and looting. It won't last forever. It isn't nearly the first time. The Watts riots of LA. The McDuffie riots of Miami.

History has a record of riots... and a record of curfews when riots occur.

There is a segment that Tucker Carlson did on June 1 showing community members getting hammered with ladders, 2x4's , kicked, beaten .. property destroyed etc... and a black woman who was filmed tearfully saying that all of her stores in her neigborhood had been destroyed by the rioters and now she has nowhere to go for groceries etc.

Black people get frustrated with their powerlessness over social injustice towards them and, from time to time, it breaks out into rioting and looting.

She did appear to be frustrated... and in that situation ... powerless.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

~Bella

Any Second Amendment Militias at City Hall protesting this blatant infringement on their liberty?

Let me guess: not a one.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our neighborhood was always peaceful until protestors appeared. It was never violent.

~Bella

Our prayers are with you and all who suffer at the hands of mob violence in riots. Thank God you have finally gotten some support in your neighborhood.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0