Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In any case, you should not expect any girl to heal your wounds - no one can, and if you think so, you're expecting too much from them. A relationship is not a miraculous answer to all struggles.
Why would he expect such a thing? Why would any man expect such a thing? Sure nobody can heal wounds, but if he finds a girl that'll comfort him and support him (and vice versa) then what's the deal? The guy just needs some friends first both male and female. God can heal his wounds, but the thing is, I don't know how you Roman Catholics deal with these problems, confession, praying etc.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why would he expect such a thing? Why would any man expect such a thing? Sure nobody can heal wounds, but if he finds a girl that'll comfort him and support him (and vice versa) then what's the deal? The guy just needs some friends first both male and female. God can heal his wounds, but the thing is, I don't know how you Roman Catholics deal with these problems, confession, praying etc.
I guess I did not well express myself well, I'm sorry for that ;) Being Roman Catholic has nothing to do with it!
All I meant is that for me, fixing on getting a girlfriend, like it would be a way to feel way happier or healthier is not the best thing to do : in my mind, but I can be wrong, there is a time for friendships which is needed for someone's personal growth and then only after that, when someone is finally grown up and more stable, a person can more easily have a successful relationship - because he won't see the other has a remedy. To sum up, a girlfriend sure can help to feel more confident, but if getting a girlfriend mostly is a way to feel better, rather than building something else and learning more about life, then, for me, it is not good to get one. A person as much involved as a girlfriend is not an healthy way to feel better and should not be to me - this is rather friends' role to me as they more easily can take distance. Yet I do know some people are rescued by feeling loved in a relationship, but there lies the danger: it is hard to know if, sometimes, this person really loves his/her girl/boyfriend or if he/she likes better the feeling of being loved. You can disagree, and true everyone has different needs or ways to love, but I guess there is a kind of moral prohibition to me.
But having both males or females friends helps so much to feel more confident, for what I noticed by looking at people. And at the end of the day, only God can bring us the love we're looking with so much thirst and despair.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Jonathan1303
Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Je ne pense pas qu’une petite amie m’aidera me sentir bien et heureux. C’est que je me sens souvent solitaire et je pense qu’en avoir une m’aiderait sortir de ma coquille.

J’ai appris le français à l’école un peu :)
Je comprends ne t'inquiète pas! Je suis désolée si je t'ai paru agressive ou déplacée... Et merci de tes mots en français, ça m'a fait plaisir :) et au fait la Pologne c'est magnifique comme pays!

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I did not well express myself well, I'm sorry for that ;) Being Roman Catholic has nothing to do with it!
All I meant is that for me, fixing on getting a girlfriend, like it would be a way to feel way happier or healthier is not the best thing to do : in my mind, but I can be wrong, there is a time for friendships which is needy for someone's personal growth and then only after that, when someone is finally grown up and more stable, a person can more easily have a successful relationship - because he won't see the other has a remedy. To sum up, a girlfriend sure can help to feel more confident, but if getting a girlfriend mostly is a way to feel better, rather than building something else and learning more about life, then, for me, it is not good to get one. A person as much involved as a girlfriend is not an healthy way to feel better and should not be to me - this is rather friends' role to me as they more easily can take distance. Yet I do know some people are rescued by feeling loved in a relationship, but there lies the danger: it is hard to know if, sometimes, this person really loves his/her girl/boyfriend or if he/she likes better the feeling of being loved. You can disagree, and true everyone has different needs or ways to love, but I guess there is a kind of moral prohibition to me.
But having both males or females friends helps so much to feel more confident, for what I noticed by looking at people. And at the end of the day, only God can bring us the love we're looking with so much thirst and despair.
Not to be seem rude (I like people correcting my English) but it should be ‘needed’ instead of ‘needy’. ‘Needed’ means ‘required/necessary’ whereas ‘needy’ means ‘desperate’.

• Friendly
Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All I meant is that for me, fixing on getting a girlfriend, like it would be a way to feel way happier or healthier is not the best thing to do : in my mind, but I can be wrong, there is a time for friendships which is needy for someone's personal growth and then only after that, when someone is finally grown up and more stable, a person can more easily have a successful relationship - because he won't see the other has a remedy. To sum up, a girlfriend sure can help to feel more confident, but if getting a girlfriend mostly is a way to feel better, rather than building something else and learning more about life, then, for me, it is not good to get one. A person as much involved as a girlfriend is not an healthy way to feel better and should not be to me - this is rather friends' role to me as they more easily can take distance. Yet I do know some people are rescued by feeling loved in a relationship, but there lies the danger: it is hard to know if, sometimes, this person really loves his/her girl/boyfriend or if he/she likes better the feeling of being loved. You can disagree, and true everyone has different needs or ways to love, but I guess there is a kind of moral prohibition to me.
I agree with you that it is a bad idea. I think I just wish to have a connection with a woman which I’ve never had before.

Upvote 0

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I understand. That's why I said he needs both male and female friends to be stable.

A person may love you when you're tough times, when things get rough between the two of you, that's when both of your faces are gonna be revealed. It's then we'll see if the word "love" had any meaning, or was it just empty words. Saying "I didn't love you, I was wrong" is a sick thing. Where did those words that you said previously go? But it's a dangerous and serious word, and we shouldn't easily say to someone I "love" you. This word should be used with caution and care, we shouldn't play with the other persons feelings. Love shouldn't be confused with passion and obsessiveness.

I agree with you that it is a bad idea. I think I just wish to have a connection with a woman which I’ve never had before.
You'll get one, don't worry, first you need friends male and female friends (not a lot a few close whom you can trust), then you can start looking to get a girlfriend.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m in my twenties and never approached a girl in my life and obviously never kissed a girl either. I’ve no self confidence and so I always worried about a girl laughing at me if I tried to speak to her. If that happened I don’t think I’d ever try again. Are Christian women generally more approachable?

If she laughs at you, that's her lost. Lol and yes, some more than others, just like men,just be interested in them and be a good listener. The kiss part will resolve itself since no one comes out the womb being the kissing master lol.

What's more important is that you understand where your relationship is at with God and how you see yourself, and how you're being with others. The way you approach your life is the way the girl you attract will approach you. So if you approach your life as someone that doesn't actively line up with God's will, that's the type of girl you're going to attract, and there's no good end to that. If you approach your life as someone that actively lines up with God's will, that type of girl will come, and you'll have more fruitful encounters. So keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If she laughs at you, that's her lost. Lol and yes, some more than others, just like men,just be interested in them and be a good listener. The kiss part will resolve itself since no one comes out the womb being the kissing master lol.

What's more important is that you understand where your relationship is at with God and how you see yourself, and how you're being with others. The way you approach your life is the way the girl you attract will approach you. So if you approach your life as someone that doesn't actively line up with God's will, that's the type of girl you're going to attract, and there's no good end to that. If you approach your life as someone that actively lines up with God's will, that type of girl will come, and you'll have more fruitful encounters. So keep that in mind.
:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christian women are still human. They still have the same temptations non-Christian women do. If she has a problem with you, she won't be afraid to say it.

A lot of Christian women date non-believers. The 'I'm going to change him' thing is a well-documented phenomenon. Plus I've seen it at every church I've attended. The one or 2 millennial girls actually there (& not finding excuses the secular world is telling them not to be there) are dating non-believers.
It's also well-documented girls have an easier time on dating sites. Why place 'Christian man' a top emphasis when they're getting so many options online (& in person too)? They can afford to dock 'Christian man' as a requirement down a few or several rungs.

Christian women are easier to talk to. But their priorities are different then yours.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Juan777
Upvote 0