are any endtime prophecies being fulfilled right now?

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
what about right now?

are any being fulfilled right now, as we speak?

They are not like watching a ball game where you are seeing something play by play. That is why the word "fulfilled" is past tense, you see them as they are completed, unless you are a part of them.

Upvote 0

Philip C

Sep 6, 2012
Sheffield UK
✟8,302.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think one of the biggest fulfilments of prophecy in our times can be seen in the continuing existence of the independent nation of Israel. A lot of end times prophecy revolves around Israel yet up to 1948 Israel had not existed as an independent state for around 2000 years. By contrast today Israel rarely seems to be out of world news.

For me what makes Israel's existence so amazing is that the Jews have faced so much persecution for so long. The Hebrew language for centuries was never spoken except by rabbis in the synagogue and the people have been so widely scattered over the earth. What other nation in history has faced such persecution, been so widely scattered and so lost the use of its language and yet come back into existence?

I know people have so many different ideas and opinions regarding the role of Israel in the last days. And I'm still working through a lot of what I believe about the end times. But this I know for certain - The existence of Israel as a sovereign independent nation after almost two millennia is a miracle and a sure sign that we are living in the very last days.

Reactions: Achilles6129
Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should study the Historicism view of the book of Revelation. Historicism is a method of interpretation in Christian eschatology which attempts to associate biblical prophecies with actual historical events.

Historicism (Christianity) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why would anyone want to do that, all the events from history would only be types of what would occur in the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Why would anyone want to do that, all the events from history would only be types of what would occur in the end.

Why would he want to do that? Because he is seeking to look at Prophecy as already being fulfilled and this would aid him.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi John,

Well, I agree that the rebirth of the nation of Israel is certainly a prophecy fulfilled 'in our lifetime'. I also agree that it would seem that the gospel has been preached in every corner of the earth also in our lifetime. I also find that the prophecy of Paul to
Timothy of the time coming when men will not put up with sound doctrine is being fulfilled in our lifetime. I also see the prophecy of the great apostasy being fulfilled in our lifetime.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, historicism is the view that much of Revelation's prophecy has already been fulfilled.

Most of the end times prophecy from Revelation began being fulfilled when Israel became a nation not before. Some have been fulfilled since Israel became a nation, not all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None that I can say....

the last 7 years of human government is still some time away....

..the nations will one day realize the wrath of the Lamb has come....and Jesus will then be setting up his kingdom and ending all governments of the world....

Since governments and kingdoms are not just going to hand over their kingdoms to the true prince of the world....the end times will have to play out as foretold

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The war clouds gathering over Israel is one sign - the Bible says Israel will stand alone - they are almost there - with this administration, we have turned our backs on Israel (not entirely, because the American people are still standing with Israel)

The Bible says that in the end times you will search for Me and not find Me - the removal of Jesus, God and any religious symbols are happening at a very fast pace.

The Bible says that in the end times right will seem wrong and wrong will seem right. We are seeing that come to pass in the governing of the different countries.

The Temple is waiting to be built - all the equipment and materials have been gathered and the vestments - all just waiting.

Most of the signs will happen with Israel.

Upvote 0

wordsoflife

Sep 18, 2012
✟2,417.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
are preterists trying to repackage their same old false doctrines now by calling it historicism ?

Historicism differs from Preterism in that the Revelation unfolds over the coarse of centuries and is still unfolding. This view has been around for awhile and is not Preterism being repackaged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
are any endtime prophecies being fulfilled right now?

like to hear what you think.

Yes, Jeremiah 50 and 51 is being fulfilled right now. We are at the end of the 2nd of three phases of the prophecy. The fulfillment began during Gulf War 1 and will be completed during the Day of the Lord.

And even though it is happening right in front of our eyes..........most are blind to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0