WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Architecture has been one of my favorite sciences since age 12 or so. Austria has been working on a type of architecture not many people discuss: Co-living. That sounds exactly what it means. Co-living is where folks live in an apartment or condo complex, but have a shared living room. Of course, the bathrooms and bedrooms are private, but there can be a public space for folks to relax on every floor. The apartments may even have a vehicle pool, where folks can share their cars with other residents (source 1). Now, this could pose issues with unruly people, but so far, the concept has worked well for the Viennese people. This reminds me of how Christians could live, in a communal society. This concept could also apply to non-Christians and make lives easier. However, in individualist-minded countries, this concept would not go well over with their citizens. Austria also wants to make housing more affordable, and run by the residents of the condos/apartments (source 2).

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10: Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up the other; but woe to one who is alone and falls and does not have another to help.

Source 1 - Co-living: CO-HOUSING - WOHNPROJEKT WIEN - Simon Architecture Prize
Source 2 - Affordable housing:

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think anyone would want to live with my family. We argue speak loudly sometimes when we get stressed passionate about finances, and the girls are always spilling drinks on the floor and leaving candy wrappers under the couch cushions. ^_^

Buy hey, maybe for some of the singles out there - it might be perfect for networking, etc.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Imagine a 50 story apartment skyscraper, where everyone is networking together... What kind of possibilities are available to a group that size?

...Instead of the traditional family, you could have a super-mega family!

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I lived in student co-op housing that worked this way in my college days. It was affordable, fun, and mostly pleasantly social. It does require a lot of up front good will from everybody involved.
It seems to work well when everyone is roughly the same age.. Sort of like a qualifier, that makes everyone feel connected.

...Not sure how shared housing could work with 50 year Olds and 20 year olds living together. IDK if that could work.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟75,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems to work well when everyone is roughly the same age.. Sort of like a qualifier, that makes everyone feel connected.

...Not sure how shared housing could work with 50 year Olds and 20 year olds living together. IDK if that could work.
It could work, as long as there are no pervs living there. The community would probably vote to kick off the creeps.

We don't need people like this guy in co-living buildings:

Upvote 0