Approved Sexual Activities

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin? I only see where it is against inappropriate behavior with animals, homosexuality, fornication/adultery but nothing about what type of sex married people should have EXCEPT in first corinthians 7: 1-5: Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. That is also the same area where Paul is saying that if one person THINKS something is a sin they shouldn't do it so if both man and woman agree upon it I don't see any scripture that says it's wrong. To me this is saying sex of ANY kind is wrong, and that as a consession we are allowed to give into our weakness. Also note the use of the word body, it does not say anything specific. The only thing I can draw from this is that sex of anykind is not (for lack of better word) good, yet God, out of love and mercy, has given us an out so that we can still be called righteous. Can anyone please tell me if I am missing some scripture because I am not claiming to be a scholar on the bible but I would gladly not do these things if they are in fact a sin. I just want to read it in the bible, not what another person thinks because I know there are plenty of people who will say it is wrong but cannot back it up with scripture.

wannabeadesigirl

Dec 28, 2007
✟17,294.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
Except we were given a commission at the beginning of the world to go out and multiply. There is a verse in Genesis also where it was told a man would leave his father and mother, cling to his wife and they would become one flesh. In the world of the Bible that IS to have sex. What's more God looked at creation at the end of his creating it and said it all was good, including the commission to go out into the world and have babies.

What's more I can't get the idea that sex is a sin or a bad thing from books like the Song of Solomon. Generally when something is a definite sin in the Bible it is stated as such. The Song of Solomon is an entire book dedicated to the joy that a married couple has, not only in each others physical form, but in making love to each other as well. It's viewed as something that is beautiful, poetic, and holy in the right circumstances.

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin? I only see where it is against inappropriate behavior with animals, homosexuality, fornication/adultery but nothing about what type of sex married people should have EXCEPT in first corinthians 7: 1-5: Now for the matters you wrote about: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” 2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. That is also the same area where Paul is saying that if one person THINKS something is a sin they shouldn't do it so if both man and woman agree upon it I don't see any scripture that says it's wrong. To me this is saying sex of ANY kind is wrong, and that as a consession we are allowed to give into our weakness. Also note the use of the word body, it does not say anything specific. The only thing I can draw from this is that sex of anykind is not (for lack of better word) good, yet God, out of love and mercy, has given us an out so that we can still be called righteous. Can anyone please tell me if I am missing some scripture because I am not claiming to be a scholar on the bible but I would gladly not do these things if they are in fact a sin. I just want to read it in the bible, not what another person thinks because I know there are plenty of people who will say it is wrong but cannot back it up with scripture.

First off the scripture does not say anything against "oral sex", but this would need to be allowed in the context of marriage only.

and as for "anal sex", that would be covered under homosexuality and defined as sodomy within scripture of which sodomy would be a sin in any context.

As for sexual immorality in general, that is any form of sex that is outside the bounds of marriage. Whether it is an extra marital affair or between two people who are not married to one another.

Not only this, but within the context of marriage there should be a mutual consent about what each partner is comfortable with . concerning sexual practices and as I said before sodomy is not an acceptable practice within any context.

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2013
✟15,123.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
always looking for a loop-hole to engage in our perverted desires.

The Bench-Mark for sexual interaction for Mankind, is the same you find among the animals in nature. For procreation only.
Anything beyond that is a per-version of that impulse.

Unfortunately we reside in an evil Satanic Babylon World System, who's values are vomited out endlessly in all forms of Media, educational curriculum, religion, ect, twisting the minds, poisoning the culture, debasing the individual.

This is just part of the corruption and defilement of the sacred they despise.
You, me, us, the unwitting victims of an all encompassing, all pervasive Satanic System.

It's gunna take some time and effort to discover the cure for your dysfunction, but take heart, there is a remedy to keep you from defiling, debasing yourself with sex.

Fear God, eschew evil, and clean thyself through the Word.

Upvote 0

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
always looking for a loop-hole to engage in our perverted desires.
The Bench-Mark for sexual interaction for Mankind, is the same you find among the animals in nature. For procreation only.
Anything beyond that is a per-version of that impulse.

Unfortunately we reside in an evil Satanic Babylon World System, who's values are vomited out endlessly in all forms of Media, educational curriculum, religion, ect, twisting the minds, poisoning the culture, debasing the individual.

This is just part of the corruption and defilement of the sacred they despise.
You, me, us, the unwitting victims of an all encompassing, all pervasive Satanic System.

It's gunna take some time and effort to discover the cure for your dysfunction, but take heart, there is a remedy to keep you from defiling, debasing yourself with sex.

Fear God, eschew evil, and clean thyself through the Word.

So in other words you don't have any scripture to back it up?
In fact you say "The Bench-Mark for sexual interaction for Mankind, is the same you find among the animals in nature. For procreation only."My orginal post contained scripture that says sex is given to us as a consession to ease our desires so effectively this sentence does not have any merit. In fact, unless what you feel superceeds the Word of God (which you provided ZERO scripture to back your accusations up with) then not one point of your rebuttal has any merit. I will stick with what the bible says and thorugh research of it improve myself. I pray you will to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First off the scripture does not say anything against "oral sex", but this would need to be allowed in the context of marriage only.

and as for "anal sex", that would be covered under homosexuality and defined as sodomy within scripture of which sodomy would be a sin in any context.

As for sexual immorality in general, that is any form of sex that is outside the bounds of marriage. Whether it is an extra marital affair or between two people who are not married to one another.

Not only this, but within the context of marriage there should be a mutual consent about what each partner is comfortable with . concerning sexual practices and as I said before sodomy is not an acceptable practice within any context.

I half agree with what your saying. Making sure both are comfortable and that it is within the marriage I agree with. But you said "and as for "anal sex", that would be covered under homosexuality and defined as sodomy within scripture of which sodomy would be a sin in any context." Then why does the bible say in Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." How else would a male lie with another male as if it were a women? Can you provide any scripture to back up your argument?

Upvote 0

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except we were given a commission at the beginning of the world to go out and multiply. There is a verse in Genesis also where it was told a man would leave his father and mother, cling to his wife and they would become one flesh. In the world of the Bible that IS to have sex. What's more God looked at creation at the end of his creating it and said it all was good, including the commission to go out into the world and have babies.

What's more I can't get the idea that sex is a sin or a bad thing from books like the Song of Solomon. Generally when something is a definite sin in the Bible it is stated as such. The Song of Solomon is an entire book dedicated to the joy that a married couple has, not only in each others physical form, but in making love to each other as well. It's viewed as something that is beautiful, poetic, and holy in the right circumstances.

So are you agreeing or disagreeing with me lol?

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2012
✟10,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I half agree with what your saying. Making sure both are comfortable and that it is within the marriage I agree with. But you said "and as for "anal sex", that would be covered under homosexuality and defined as sodomy within scripture of which sodomy would be a sin in any context." Then why does the bible say in Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." How else would a male lie with another male as if it were a women? Can you provide any scripture to back up your argument?

I think maybe you have somehow misunderstood me. I was saying that the act of homsexuality is a sin and it would be as a man lying with a woman which is an abomination.The other term used for referencing men lying with men was known as sodomites. I think that should shed a little light on the subject. I by no means advocate homsexuality or sodomy.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I believe we should take the words of the Bible literally. We should look at each of the trees then step back and take a look at the forest. That's to say we should understand the specifics of the Bible but also understand the general spirit of the Bible (the Word of God).

I keep it simple. What happens behind closed doors is between myself and my wife. I believe that folks should be married before engaging in intimate activity and I believe that marriage is the union of a man and a woman. That's God's plan! I also believe that God designed the human body and that each part of our bodies has a specific purpose.

I believe in a certain amount of modesty and humility. I believe in good hygiene coupled with sensible judgment (speaking in terms relating to the OP). I also believe in true love-making and that my wife should feel wanted, happy, content, satisfied, and that she should enjoy our experience together as much as I do.

Upvote 0

docsinner

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe we should take the words of the Bible literally. We should look at each of the trees then step back and take a look at the forest. That's to say we should understand the specifics of the Bible but also understand the general spirit of the Bible (the Word of God).

I keep it simple. What happens behind closed doors is between myself and my wife. I believe that folks should be married before engaging in intimate activity and I believe that marriage is the union of a man and a woman. That's God's plan! I also believe that God designed the human body and that each part of our bodies has a specific purpose.

I believe in a certain amount of modesty and humility. I believe in good hygiene coupled with sensible judgment (speaking in terms relating to the OP). I also believe in true love-making and that my wife should feel wanted, happy, content, satisfied, and that she should enjoy our experience together as much as I do.

I guess I don't fully understand your stance. It seems like part of your response is pro-my point but the other half is against it.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You can pull scriptures out of context to support any viewpoint. So my question would be, what does Christ have to say about it? If the answer is "nothing" (which, indeed, is what he had to say about most things that are now called sins) then default to the question of whether it is loving your partner as yourself. Sexual unfaithfulness is not loving, therefore promiscuity is prohibitted. But within the context of marriage it is only a matter of whether you are considering your spouse's desires before your own (which would be moral), or using your spouse in a selfish way (which would be sinful). Personally I think I would enjoy giving oral sex as much as recieving, so I wouldn't have a problem with it. But I would never pressure my wife into doing it if she didn't want to.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I guess I don't fully understand your stance. It seems like part of your response is pro-my point but the other half is against it.

I believe it's a little of both. On the one hand, we're flesh and blood beings that are still called to "multiply and replenish the earth." On the other hand, we're to follow the lead of the Holy Spirit and we're to harness our fleshly desires in a manner that would fall within the will of God and within His design for our various organs. A heart is designed to pump blood ... not breath air like the lungs. A stomach is designed to digest food ... not filter out impurities like the kidneys. Therefore, our sexual organs should be used for their intended purpose (in my opinion).

However, it is still an issue of the conscience as well. What might be right and acceptable to one person may be taboo to the next. Since the Bible is somewhat "grey" in matters of intimacy between a man and his wife I certainly can't judge what others do behind closed doors (and don't want the job).

I will state that I don't believe that the anal tract should be used for anything other than the expulsion of waste. It's my opinion that it's unsafe, unwise, and totally unclean to use it for anything else.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I agree macfall but what are you taking about when you say Jesus barely says anything about what we consider sin? Do you mean in general or to this topic?

In general. Jesus didn't talk about sin very much at all. He gave us a clear standard of morality against which we can measure all actions, and that is whether they are loving of others or not. With such a standard, we don't really need a list of specific sins, and any attempt to make one is guaranteed to be redundant at best, and likely to be pretentious and legalistic as well.

Upvote 0

AFollowerOfTheWay777

Worshipper Of Abba
Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
✟7,703.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Is there any scripture that says oral/anal sex is a sin?

No,....not at all! In the Old Testament, "sodomy" refers to men lying with men. The English word means “Unnatural sexual intercourse, especially of one man with another or of a human being with an animal.” Unfortunately, some (not all) Christian teachers have erroneously equated sodomy with anal and also oral sex. In the Bible Scriptures, sodomites specifically refer ONLY to male homosexuals or temple prostitutes (both male and female).

In contemporary usage, the term sodomy is sometimes used to describe anal intercourse between a man and woman. This is NOT the true contextual meaning of the biblical word at all. This misinterpretation has led to sexual frustration and lack of fulfillment within MANY marriages, which increases the percentage of marital failure and adultery. It should not be so,...when we already have EVERYTHING we need sexually to become satisfied and fulfilled with our soul-mate and Covenant-partner/spouse.

The "Song of songs" book by Solomon is VERY open and descriptive of two-way oral love-making, etc., and is extremely beautiful in it's poetic language about intimacy. This is one of my favorite books, which is filled with holy and hot, passionate romance.

Same as with performing oral intimacy (act of cunnalingus or felicio),...anal love-making is also righteous and extremely pleasurable between a married husband and wife. There are MANY Christians who do this on a regular basis during times of intimacy. As long as healthy hygiene is maintained, and everything is mutually done in a loving, safe, and non-painful manner which benefits both spouses, the marriage bed remains undefiled and holy. The body is the temple of the Holy Spirit from our heavenly Father (who IS love), and should be explored and utilized to the fullest of it's design and potential, as intended by our Creator. HalleluYAH!!!

Upvote 0

2ndRateMind

Pilgrim Defiant
Sep 8, 2008
In Contemplation
✟9,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Well, I don't claim to be moral. These days, I'm pretty much celibate, (all that huffing and puffing is just too much like exercise!) but I don't think that's virtue, just where I happen to be right now. Anyway, I can take an impartial view of the matter.

Sex is always going to be a contentious issue. But my opinion is that two people, enjoying each others bodies as an expression of their love, is an holy thing. I don't really care what sex they are, or what they do with each other, or whether or not they are married to each other. Provided they love, and act out of love, then I think there is something sacred about what they do.

It's always struck me as odd that Christianity, the religion of love, has had such a dysfunctional relationship with love-making. I don't know why this should be, but my guess is that it has to do with a patriarchal desire to exercise control. If so, we are best rid of that desire, and best licensed to love, and make love, as freely as our conscience allows.

Best wishes, 2RM

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Sex is not for outside of marriage. You should never withhold sex from your spouse unless it is by mutual consent in order to avoid temptation. Sex is submission to your lover in compassion.

1 Corinthians 7:5
1Co 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
1Co 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
1Co 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
1Co 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.
1Co 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
1Co 7:6 But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

What happens between husband and wife in the marital bed is honorable.

Heb 13:4
Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Upvote 0