My Bridegroom suffered this for ME
Oct 12, 2007
USA
✟18,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's take a look at the meaning of the WORD, appointed.

A few minutes ago I was looking at the qualifications on this forum of being a Mod. On the bottom of the page it states: A staff member/Mod must be appointed by "...." first, at the will of the CEO.

It appears to me that if "man" can appoint, why cannot God?

(Okay with respect to the admins/mods reading this thread, the next comment I am making is out of respect and I am using it as an example only to make my point
smile.gif
No disrespect intended)

Even if someone approaches the Staff and asks to be a Mod, submits and application, it does not mean that person will be appointed automatically because that person chooses to submit an application. If I go on a job interview, I cannot force the hand of the boss to hire me. Neither can we force God's hand in election and appointment to salvation. A person can try to "get in" by every other way of approaching God in his own effort, but only God appoints.

To be appointed means exactly what it says. The debates on this forum are simple, WHO is doing the appointing?? Man or God. It cannot be both.

–verb (used with object) 1. to name or assign to a position, an office, or the like; designate: to appoint a new treasurer; to appoint a judge to the bench.

2. to determine by authority or agreement; fix; set: to appoint a time for the meeting.

3. Law . to designate (a person) to take the benefit of an estate created by a deed or will.

4. to provide with what is necessary; equip; furnish: They appointed the house with all the latest devices.

5. Archaic . to order or establish by decree or command; ordain; constitute: laws appointed by god.

6. Obsolete . to point at by way of censure.

–verb (used without object) 7. Obsolete . to ordain; resolve; determine.

Origin:
1325–75; ME apointen < MF apointer, equiv. to a- a-5 + pointer to point

—Related forms ap·point·a·ble, adjective
ap·point·er, noun
mis·ap·point, verb (used with object)
re·ap·point, verb (used with object)
un·ap·point·a·ble, adjective

—Synonyms
1. choose, select. 2. prescribe, establish.

—Antonyms
1. dismiss, discharge.

New justices are appointed to the Supreme court, no? Who appoints them? Again, Who appointes who? I have never heard of a Christian, saved by the grace of God, appointing himself to be saved. It's not scriptural and it laughs in the face of God's authority and Sovreignty.

People asked Jesus, "By whose authority do You do these things? " and Jesus replied, "By Whose authority did John the Baptist baptize? Was his authority from "man" or from "God"...
The people did not know how to answer Jesus.

progress.gif