Apparently alot of Christian singles meet on this site.

InnocenceCannon

May 13, 2007
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think I was reading a thread here once that was hundreds of posts long and at least 30% of the people in that thread met their significant other on this site.

I never knew this site was such an intense matchmaking service.

More out of sheer curiousity than actually wanting to dive into the dark world of online dating myself, where are these people meeting?

Is there is a sub-forum on this site marked "Meet your future wife here"? And to my knowledge, there aren't any regional boards here, so how did you manage to find someone on this site near enough to you to meet up with?

I doubt there are many people on this site anywhere near my college in the boonies.

SavingCady

Be still and know that I am God.
Apr 15, 2012
Waterloo, IA, USA
Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought I was the only person left on this planet who used the word "boonies" :)

I think this is an interesting topic, and I share your curiosity. A coworker was just telling me the other day I should join Christian Mingle (but decided against it, as no online dating site is free). I wouldn't say it was "sheer luck" that people met their significant others on this site...maybe they were just brought here for a reason?

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I must be in the 70% because I for one have not met my significant other on here, and I really don't plan finding my significant other over the internet. I don't come to Singles to look for a mate, I just come for the good fellowship.

Upvote 0

Rob_Skellington

What's This?
Apr 26, 2010
✟15,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I must be in the 70% because I for one have not met my significant other on here, and I really don't plan finding my significant other over the internet. I don't come to Singles to look for a mate, I just come for the good fellowship.

That, yeah. Though I'm not opposed to meeting someone online and then continuing with the vast majority of our relationship in-person.

So I guess it's safe to say that "I am the 70%," but I don't plan on "Occupying CF Singles" anytime soon. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Socktastic

we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people meet their partners on internet forums, it's one of the hazards of communicating so frequently with a set of people. Distance doesn't really matter unless you make it something of importance, so people chat, they click, they find out more, they meet, and then the next thing we know they're in a serious relationship/married/no longer speaking.

Anywhere you get a group of people there's a chance for a percentage of them to find someone they click with. They meet them through PMs, VMs, replies, Skype, e-mail, Facebook ... any method of communication in existence that the two of them use.

The matchmaking is all down to the two individuals involved, and of course the pesky lot who push and prod others to get together. Silly billies.

I haven't met Mr right here but I'm not looking for him here. To meet Mr right here could mean a long distance relationship requiring plane tickets costing thousands of dollars. It costs about $1600 to fly return from Australia to the US. I'd rather just make friends here :)

Also that, for me. Plus the cost of actually bringing a non-EU spouse into Europe, or even of bringing an EU spouse to somewhere outside the union. It's a no-go area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertMerton

Veteran
Mar 19, 2005
Internet
✟17,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have a look at the subforum description: Singles (only*) A forum for the support of single members or Christians with the gift of celibacy. Posting is restricted to single members 18 and older. NOTE: This is not a dating or matchmaking service. *See Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the percentage of people who have actually started a relationship with someone on here is much higher. Not many go on to matrimony though.

I didn't come here for romance and I really don't find myself cut out for an online only relationship so I will stay one of the truly Single-singles on CF.

The biggest reason anyone gets together here is that communication happens off of CF. You may start out with a simple VM or PM but it can quickly switch to IMing all the time on Skype, Facebook or texting. CF is just the springboard ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ive dated someone from here. And there have been a couple of guys since i would have dated if personal circumstances were different

Its not a good idea to use this site to find a spouse - trust me... we women can sense when a man is wife-hunting and its a turnoff. But if you start talkig to someone and you click and you want to explore a deeper relationship then awesome :)

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Socktastic

we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Ive dated someone from here. And there have been a couple of guys since i would have dated if personal circumstances were different

Its not a good idea to use this site to find a spouse - trust me... we women can sense when a man is wife-hunting and its a turnoff. But if you start talkig to someone and you click and you want to explore a deeper relationship then awesome :)

I think the percentage of people who have actually started a relationship with someone on here is much higher. Not many go on to matrimony though.

I didn't come here for romance and I really don't find myself cut out for an online only relationship so I will stay one of the truly Single-singles on CF.

The biggest reason anyone gets together here is that communication happens off of CF. You may start out with a simple VM or PM but it can quickly switch to IMing all the time on Skype, Facebook or texting. CF is just the springboard ;)

That and that too.

Although I, personally, find the spouse hunters rather amusing. Especially the speed at which they'll go through people until hitting gold :sorry:.

Upvote 0

SavingCady

Apr 15, 2012
Waterloo, IA, USA
Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have a look at the subforum description: Singles (only*) A forum for the support of single members or Christians with the gift of celibacy. Posting is restricted to single members 18 and older. NOTE: This is not a dating or matchmaking service. *See Statement of Purpose

Personally, I think they are more so saying....don't come here ACTIVELY looking for a significant other because that is not what this site is about. However, if something were to click...do you really think that they would look down upon it?

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I think I was reading a thread here once that was hundreds of posts long and at least 30% of the people in that thread met their significant other on this site.

I never knew this site was such an intense matchmaking service.

More out of sheer curiousity than actually wanting to dive into the dark world of online dating myself, where are these people meeting?

Is there is a sub-forum on this site marked "Meet your future wife here"? And to my knowledge, there aren't any regional boards here, so how did you manage to find someone on this site near enough to you to meet up with?

I doubt there are many people on this site anywhere near my college in the boonies.

You have to be invited via secret handshake, then sacrifice a virgin to...

No. :p I met my current love through a discussion on how I read John Wesley. It grew from there. It was as simple as that.

Well, maybe the fact we spoke on Skype as well as CF helped too, but...

Upvote 0

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I mean i do like someone on here but that doesnt mean i am going to go marry them.. uh no :sorry:
i am here for fellowship and to make friends and to share my stories and to share ME and being ME! i am not here to show off or Find a boyfriend or a husband
i am here for fun and to get to know god more. and to help others
or anything else it may be..
just becase this is SINGLES does not me we have to find someone

it just about getting to know each other

Realtionship is considered as in a good connection and just Fellowship doesnt mean you have to be serious and DATE!!
iam with the 70% i am just here for fellowship

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavingCady

Apr 15, 2012
Waterloo, IA, USA
Visit site
✟7,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Would I be a bad person if I said I rather meet someone on here who's a few states away vs. meeting someone in this town at random who's not a christian and just a jerk?

Not at all, because I feel the exact same way lol

Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would I be a bad person if I said I rather meet someone on here who's a few states away vs. meeting someone in this town at random who's not a christian and just a jerk?

Nope, I'm willing to travel to another state to meet somebody. Heck, I'd travel across the world if they were in another country too :thumbsup:!

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟383,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That sounds reasonable if we're talking about the percentage of singles forum members who are currently in relationships at a given moment, but it's a potentially misleading figure. Let's say that there are twenty active members on this board. Six have significant others, and two of those six met each other on CF. This would mean 33% of members currently in a relationship met their SO here, while the percentage including all members is only 10%.

Upvote 0