Louisiana
✟217.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anglicans no longer have Apostolic succession namely because their view on the Eucharist, which is the heart of the Faith, is in error.

We believe in Transubstantiation. You believe in either cosubstantiation or symbolism; I am not sure which.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
march56 said:
So God does not care whether you are a Jehovah Witness, or a Mormon, or a Unitarian? God does not care whether you belong to a body of believers that practices New Age? A lot of your mainline denominations support abortion and Transendental Meditation. None of this matters with God?

Jehovah's witnesses aand Mormons are not denominations, they are cults. Cults are groups that may call themselves Christian but in fact do not accept parts of the Christian doctrine - usually the Trinity and Christ's deity. Denominations are groups like Baptists, Methodists, Anglicans, Catholics. We all believe in one God and the Christian Gospel, we all believe the Nicene creed. Where we differ is often in practice - adult or child baptism? Prayerbook or spontaneous worship? Ordained clergy, who wear robes, or not? There are some organisational and administative differences too. It is these which I don't believe matter to God, as long as we are loving and serving him and spreading the Gospel.

Any practice which compromises the Gospel and leads others into sin and away from Christ is wrong. These matter to God in the way that all sin matters to God. But it doesn't stop him from loving us, and anyone who accepts that Jesus died for them is saved, no matter what they may have done in the past.​

march56 said:
Did mother Teresa have children or is there some other way she obtained the status of mother? Also it seems to me that the Tares are thrown into the fire- that sounds like judgement day to me, no different than the Sheep on the right and the Goats on the left. This must be an issue of interpretation but then you aren't allowed to interpret are you? You have to have the scriptures interpreted for you by a Preist.

-M.C.

I don't know where you got that idea from. :scratch: I'm not a catholic, we don't have priests and I consider it very important to interpret the Bible correctly. As for Mother Teresa, she was a nun, and I understand they are called either sisters or mothers. Very often a man is referred to as "sir" it doesn't mean he's been knighted by the queen. They are all titles.
I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"We inherit something more than a promise!!"

>>>The "more" is included in the promise.
Don't blow this out of sensible proportion, please.

"Christ is actually died and risen for us.

And the death has been defeat by Him!"
>>Yes. AS PROMISED.

"That is not a promise....

And we shall became Christ-like: now, in this life
And this is not a promise.....it is a narrow way to follow."
>>>AS PROMISED it would be. Try to stay in context.
This discussion is much narrower than you're making it.

"And the Tradition is usefull to be be nearer to historical Jesus, who is not a promise..."
>>>You insist on keeping the bathwater, reverencing it co-equaly with the baby.

Rules change while principles remain.
Traditions are rules. Truth is in principles.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would call my mormon and JW friends members of a sect, rather than a cult. I use Sect because many are spirit-filled.

I've always thought they were pretty much the same thing. I tend to say 'cults', because if you say 'sects' to someone, it sounds suspiciously like something else.

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Semantics, again. Even though cult just comes from "culture", it has negative or disapproving undertones. Sect usually refers to things like Jesuits or Iona - not necissarily negative or positive - and hey, any excuse to say somethig that may sound rude!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.