Tucson AZ
✟17,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I feel this is most reasonable. It is certainly most closely my own position on the matter.
I think that that is an interesting perspective. Perhaps one way to support that view would be to say that Samuel was able to be a sacrificing priest without provable Apostolic succession back to Moses. However, I think that even though the Presbyterian Church etc likely has some type of spiritual real presence. Even Pope Benedict the 16th says that we should move beyond the issue of “validity” to a more ecumenical view where every time the baptized celebrate the Eucharist they are “caught up to heaven”

Still, I have to say the evidence from eucharistic miracles would make me think twice about the Catholic view of the real presence. On another thread you mentioned a eucharistic miracle that was “ongoing” at your parish.

Eucharistic Miracles in the Anglican Church

Can you tell me a little bit more about that? Specifically, where your parish is, (what diocese of what church), and who witnessed the miracle and whether or not you know the blood type of the blood on the altar cloth?

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think that that is an interesting perspective. Perhaps one way to support that view would be to say that Samuel was able to be a sacrificing priest without provable Apostolic succession back to Moses. However, I think that even though the Presbyterian Church etc likely has some type of spiritual real presence. Even Pope Benedict the 16th says that we should move beyond the issue of “validity” to a more ecumenical view where every time the baptized celebrate the Eucharist they are “caught up to heaven”

Still, I have to say the evidence from eucharistic miracles would make me think twice about the Catholic view of the real presence. On another thread you mentioned a eucharistic miracle that was “ongoing” at your parish.

Eucharistic Miracles in the Anglican Church

Can you tell me a little bit more about that? Specifically, where your parish is, (what diocese of what church), and who witnessed the miracle and whether or not you know the blood type of the blood on the altar cloth?
This thread is almost a decade old, and the OP hasn't been around in that long either.

Upvote 0