✟17,650.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well, that took a turn... :p

I can see your thinking is going along some good lines though. You recognise he is not a christian and there are serious issues with that, especially in regard to your walk with God. If he doesn't put Jesus first, then that's going to pull you in different directions and it just won't work well, if at all.

It also sounds like you're posting in the heat of the situation so I wouldn't be surprised if your next post might change again. But gee, it sounds like the guy needs to get off his spare tyre and take some responsibility for things.

Hope it gets resolved and don't forget my advice about marrying or not marrying non-christians - just doesn't work in so many ways.

cheers,

Upvote 0

ElizabethanLady

Mar 21, 2004
Southeast USA
✟251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks so much for all of the advice I have received.

Yes, I have been using the forum to vent on. I hope that's okay.

It occured to me this evening that, were we to marry I would be causing HIM to sin: "whoever marries her that is divorced commits adultery".

I can't do that.

I don't want to have to drag somebody to church. I've been through that before and I don't want it again!!!

IF I was going to marry anybody, (which I'm not) they would have to be on fire for Jesus.
Yes he goes to church with me now - but that doesn't mean he would go LATER.

Nope.

We can live in a duplex or something like that, that's all I know to do. I want to be with him and be companions and all that, but I really don't feel free to marry.
(feel = my interpretation of the Bible)

I am going to get baptized again once I get this worked out.

Upvote 0

Jedi christian

The Force = The Lord
Mar 9, 2004
Arkansas
Visit site
✟357.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have not read all the posts, but I would like to put my two cents in:
I know some people like the lady who approached you, and trust me, they have the best intentions in mind. They only want to see you in the kingdom of God. Only some times their ways are a bit, uh, outspoken and frank. I'm sure if you talk to your pastor, and give him the full explanation, and he will understand.
Hope this helps!
Jedi_Christian

Upvote 0

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
kspchemist said:
He might be good to you, but you are still not a family. I would go as far to say that you cannot even marry this good man. Look at I Corinthians 7:11, 'But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.' As I see it you are still married to your previous husband, and cannot even get married again, until your ex-husband dies. Yes, God forgives you, but you still have concequinces to your actions. This happens to one of those unfortinuate situations.

I would tell you the first thing you need to do is tell him to go and find another place to live. Then explain to you children that what you did was wrong, and this man needs to live somewhere else because we are not married.

I'm sorry that it may not be the answer that you want, but it's what my advice would be. I do hope that you would at least listen to what I have to say.:prayer:
That's exactly what I think.

Upvote 0

TwistrAndy

TwistrAndy
Mar 1, 2004
Huntersville, NC
✟414.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, I think we need to read the WHOLE Bible, and not pick the parts that we like and throw out the parts we don't like. (Not saying anyone is doing that). The Bible was written for our benefit, every last word. And if the Bible says "whoever marries her that is divorced commits adultery", then that's it cause the Father the Son, and Holy Ghost are in 100% agreement with it, and if the you found that answer in the Bible, then it's the same answer you'll get from God, for He never changes, what he saw wrong 1000 years ago, is wrong to him today. (I leave the "interpretation"of the Bible to the individuals) I just wanted to say, if your intrepretation says "don't marry again" then thats what you need to do, because your not going to get one answer from the Bible, and then Jesus give a different answer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.