"AOC tests positive for COVID-19 after partying in Miami maskless"

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I find it difficult to take the charges of hypocrisy seriously from supporters of Donald "I voted for a president not a pastor" Trump.

I have thought folks like you didn't believe in whataboutism.

By the way, Trump didn't support anything for the rest of us while he was in office and then turn around and do the exact opposite. At least not that I can think of.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 310962
Is this is accordance with CDC guidelines? Again, "rules for thee and not for me" seems to be the trend of democratic leaders.
I’m not bothered by this like I was with Nancy Pelosi’s hair salon visit or Gavin Newsome’s restaurant party. Maybe it’s because I also still take the risk of hugging people outside of my household here and there and I don’t think anyone can perfectly follow social distancing guidelines. AOC has not, to my knowledge, been critical of people for this particular thing.

I think it was a mistake for her to have been at the party, but I’m just not bothered by it. She wasn’t hosting the party or using her privilege to sidestep the rules.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have thought folks like you didn't believe in whataboutism.

By the way, Trump didn't support anything for the rest of us while he was in office and then turn around and do the exact opposite. At least not that I can think of.
Trump did not. It was his followers who claimed on thing and then did something else. Whatever else Trump may be he is consistent.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Have ye a link that shows us all, her demanding this?

Here's what she said regarding Texas

93.2% of Texans aren’t fully vaccinated. The state just endured one disaster worsened by selfishness + denial of basic science, and now conditions are being set for another,” she tweeted. “Repealing the mask mandate now endangers so many people, especially essential workers & the vulnerable.”

So it's clear she supports mask mandates. And there's this

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s policy on COVID Mask Mandate

Ocasio Cortez SLAMMED For Partying Maskless in Florida Despite Criticizing Ron DeSantis COVID Policy | TIMCAST

In the above video he covers times were Cortez supported mandates in tweets or messages. One of the was to Desantis telling him he could learn from the NY governors policies on covid. Which we know mandates are a part.

I think I've proved my point. Let's just move on shall we?

Just admit she was being hypocritical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

93.2% of Texans aren’t fully vaccinated. The state just endured one disaster worsened by selfishness + denial of basic science, and now conditions are being set for another,” she tweeted. “Repealing the mask mandate now endangers so many people, especially essential workers & the vulnerable.”

AOC must have really hurt your feelings bad, you are still crying about her.

She's my favorite!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Interesting link.
Who was it that posed the query to Ms. Ocasio-Cortez?
Did she herself answer (or did a helpful intern do this piddling task for her)?

Gee, it looks like her stock is up in NYC?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Have ye a link that shows us all, her demanding this?

Maybe demand was a bit strong, but she certainly believes in them and supports them. She even told Desantis he ought to follow NY policies which we all know include mandates.

So supporting them is close enough in my book. Which means she would follow her own beliefs. Which she obviously didn't. She's a hypocrite and that's that.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe demand was a bit strong, but she certainly believes in them and supports them. She even told Desantis he ought to follow NY policies which we all know include mandates.
I support mask wearing too but take them off from time to time when outside; ought I repent of my hypocrisy?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.