"AOC tests positive for COVID-19 after partying in Miami maskless"

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
upload_2022-1-9_20-8-47.jpeg

This is all Ron DeSantis's fault for not having a safer state for her to party in!

Had he just implemented all of the same mandates as her hometown of NYC, she wouldn't have gotten Covid!

I mean, look how much better NY is doing than FL in terms of the case rate according to the CDC...

upload_2022-1-9_20-11-22.png

upload_2022-1-9_20-11-48.png

Hmmm...not a huge difference in terms of case rate per 100k residents...

In fact, FL's is just a touch lower...

Wait...that would mean

upload_2022-1-9_20-18-50.png

If people haven't figured it out yet, we're all going to catch the Omicron variant...

I'm still a strong advocate of vaccination, and do believe the evidence is clear cut that it reduces severity when you do catch it...but that said, we're all going to get it.

I was previously infected and triple vaxxed and still caught Omicron last month (despite working from home for the last 2 years, and not going to any large gatherings in the previous weeks, which means that someone probably coughed in a grocery store, and I was within "striking range").

Maybe this will change her perspective on the situation, and bring her to the realization that "cases" isn't the metric we should be tracking at this point in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL you just can't make this stuff up! :)

(Obligatory disclaimer expressing hope that she's okay and doesn't die and all of that sort of thing before someone accuses me of murder for finding the irony of the situation more than amusing.)
I am just waiting to see how long it takes for someone to dismiss the article because it is from Fox News.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am just waiting to see how long it takes for someone to dismiss the article because it is from Fox News.

I don't think there's much opportunity for that...she posted it on her own twitter feed

upload_2022-1-9_20-36-34.png

Although the last part, about her "encouraging everyone to follow all CDC guidelines" is a bit ironic, considering she was partying maskless at bars in Florida. (which means she wasn't following their guidelines)

Sort of a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of thing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So does triple-vaxed Geraldo Rivera

https://twitter.com/i/status/1480178682417319944

What I don't get is that there are still people out there that think the vax prevents infection & transmission
Come on. You have to know by now that the Omicron variant is a breakthrough version of the virus. And you still do not appear to know how vaccines work. Before the Omicron variant they were highly effective. And if people got the virus anyway, which can happen with any vaccine, they had far fewer severe results. Even know the deaths in the hospitals may be mainly due to not getting vaccinated. The vaccines still produce some protection against Covid19. But only about at a 30% effectiveness vs over 90% for the original variant. And it still offers significant protection if one does get it.

It probably will do not good but here is a recent article on the topic:

COVID boosters with Pfizer or Moderna are best against omicron: study

And within three months we will have an Omicron vaccine if needed. What will your excuse be when that happens?

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

She knew better - she made a wrong choice, but she is vaccinated - the odds are in favor of her not being seriously or face death. And I add she is not the first elected official of any government office to contract covid.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Come on. You have to know by now that the Omicron variant is a breakthrough version of the virus. And you still do not appear to know how vaccines work. Before the Omicron variant they were highly effective. And if people got the virus anyway, which can happen with any vaccine, they had far fewer severe results. Even know the deaths in the hospitals may be mainly due to not getting vaccinated. The vaccines still produce some protection against Covid19. But only about at a 30% effectiveness vs over 90% for the original variant. And it still offers significant protection if one does get it.

It probably will do not good but here is a recent article on the topic:

COVID boosters with Pfizer or Moderna are best against omicron: study

And within three months we will have an Omicron vaccine if needed. What will your excuse be when that happens?
So what you are saying is that if you have a booster, it is okay to party maskless because Omicron is a breakthrough variant? Or is it only okay of you are a democrat congress women?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So what you are saying is that if you have a booster, it is okay to party maskless because Omicron is a breakthrough variant? Or is it only okay of you are a democrat congress women?
No. What she did was wrong. But what she did was far less wrong than what various antivaxxers do. I don't think that antivaxxers can take very much comfort in the thought that they are worse than OAC.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
No. What she did was wrong. But what she did was far less wrong than what various antivaxxers do. I don't think that antivaxxers can take very much comfort in the thought that they are worse than OAC.

First, most aren't antivaxxers because they don't have issues with vaccines in general, and second, they aren't worse because regardless of whether or not their views on the jab are correct, they are at least not hypocrites. I could even add a third that an even greater number are not elected into leadership positions in which they are expected to at least make a half-hearted effort at supporting their own edicts rather than blatantly disregarding them and then when called out, respond that it's only because people are jealous because they can't date her.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She knew better - she made a wrong choice, but she is vaccinated - the odds are in favor of her not being seriously or face death. And I add she is not the first elected official of any government office to contract covid.
I just remember when Rand Paul and Trump got covid and how the Democrats, AOC included, were all over it. But will these Democrats hold their own accountable? We will see.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just remember when Rand Paul and Trump got covid and how the Democrats, AOC included, were all over it. But will these Democrats hold their own accountable? We will see.
Was she COVID-19 vaccinated? If she was. She should have mild symptoms.Democrats have only been a little better at COVID-19, then some Republicans. I don't think they were strong enough dealing with COVID-19. No, I don't think people should be mask less in big crowed, even when they have been vaccinated. Luckly, I don't have job. That forces me to go to crowed meetings, since I work for the county, and they take COVID-19 seriously.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not even close. Did you miss the part where I said what she did was wrong?

Why was that post so hard for you to understand? It appears that you know that you are in the wrong here. That is the sort of defensive mechanism that the guilty often use.

Upvote 0

Captain Ahab

Aug 7, 2020
Southeast
✟6,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL you just can't make this stuff up! :)

(Obligatory disclaimer expressing hope that she's okay and doesn't die and all of that sort of thing before someone accuses me of murder for finding the irony of the situation more than amusing.)

Your disclaimer is a stark contrast from the attitudes I’ve seen from the mandatory drugging or else crowd. I used to go to a forum where the mandatory drugging or elsers would spend hours every day combing through social media and partisan propaganda outlets looking for covid sagas that fit their narrative, then repost social media feeds or articles and smugly mock and ridicule sick or dying people. Yet we are supposed to believe these type of people hold some sort of moral high ground, and anyone who strays from their precious mantras is the epitome of evil, and deserves a special place in hell as I’ve been told..by people who don’t even believe in hell LOL.

Funny you mention murder, that is exactly what many of the mandatory drugging or elsers accuse anyone of who does not conform to their will. I’ve seen it multiple times. Yes, I’ve seen some who are so hysterical that they repeatedly claim infidels are deliberately trying to harm them..yet ironically accuse people who don’t want to be drugged by force as ‘playing victim’. You can’t make this up! To top it all off, they’ve taken the drugs! What do they have to worry about? Seems like they themselves don’t have much confidence in the drugs they are pushing.

I don’t find it amusing anyone getting sick though. Doubt you really do either. But what is amusing to me about AOC is that she once swallowed a bunch of scrabble tiles, and that was the only time her crap ever made any sense!

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
First, most aren't antivaxxers because they don't have issues with vaccines in general, and second, they aren't worse because regardless of whether or not their views on the jab are correct, they are at least not hypocrites. I could even add a third that an even greater number are not elected into leadership positions in which they are expected to at least make a half-hearted effort at supporting their own edicts rather than blatantly disregarding them and then when called out, respond that it's only because people are jealous because they can't date her.
Being an antivaxxer at the time of pandemic is far worse than being a hypocrite. She let her guard down or one night. She should have known better. But her odds of doing damage to others is far less than that of antivaxxers.

You and the other person that I just responded to are relying on black and white fallacies. Shop lifting is not as bad of a crime as murder. That should be obvious.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Being an antivaxxer at the time of pandemic is far worse than being a hypocrite. She let her guard down or one night. She should have known better. But her odds of doing damage to others is far less than that of antivaxxers.

You and the other person that I just responded to are relying on black and white fallacies. Shop lifting is not as bad of a crime as murder. That should be obvious.

Actually I find her hypocrisy and middle-school "they just want to sleep with me lol" attitude far more harmful to the country when it comes to someone in her position of responsibility than people who have legitimate concerns about injecting foreign substances into their bodies for a vaccine that has been heavily politicized to the point where any dissenting viewpoints, even from scientists who were involved in creating the mRNA, are suppressed and censored. The fact that the government is working hard to suppress the free exchange of information and public opinion is far more concerning to the health of our country and democracy at large, and here we have someone who is supposed to be setting an example blatantly making a mockery of everything...and she did it TWICE, once outside (at least) while dining in Florida and bad-mouthing DeSantis being absent for two weeks after being questioned (when he was with his wife who was getting cancer treatments) and the second time at the packed drag queen bar in which it was likely she caught the virus.

Upvote 0