Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Tim Pool actually proves that the story she gave could not have happened based on where she was at the time (in an office building a few minutes walk across the street from the Capitol), and the various video time stamps of what the mob was doing. AOC seems to imply in the various statements I've heard that she was at the Capitol when things were going down etc.)

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., says she feared for her life as a violent mob stormed the Capitol building last week.

In a lengthy Instagram Live video Tuesday night, Ocasio-Cortez said that she had a "very close encounter," during which she thought she "was going to die." She didn't elaborate on the details, but cited security concerns.

"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," the congresswoman said during the hour-long live stream, calling the encounter during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol "traumatizing."

'I thought I was going to die': AOC says she feared for her life during Capitol riot

Edit/Addition an example of her testimony. I think she released a much more elaborate testimony recently for her fans on Twitter or Instagram which was the source for Pools video. (She's giving a very dramatic time line based on what the riot/ mob was doing, but those kind of details gave Tim the ability to debunk the entire story). The whole thing to me reminds me of Hilary Clinton and Brian Williams over 4 years ago with their stories of coming under sniper fire, machine gun fire, mortar fire etc.

Last edited:

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Come on, you can't blame AOC, she just took a page out of Rahm Emanuel's political playbook and followed his advice, 'never let a serious crisis go to waste" :sigh:

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Come on, you can't blame AOC, she just took a page out of Rahm Emanuel's political playbook and followed his advice, 'never let a serious crisis go to waste".

iu
Okay, so you can't blame me if I commit adultery. I was just following the devil's playbook and his advice.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, so you can't blame me if I commit adultery. I was just following the devil's playbook and his advice.
I was being facetious ;) (I knew that I should have added a smiley face to the end of the sentence in my last post :sorry: .. in fact, I'll go add one now).

With someone like AOC (and sadly, many others too), the "means" that she uses to get what she wants is unimportant, because she KNOWS that (in the end anyway) she's "right" about all of it :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Tim Pool actually proves that the story she gave could not have happened based on where she was at the time (in an office building a few minutes walk across the street from the Capitol), and the various video time stamps of what the mob was doing. AOC seems to imply in the various statements I've heard that she was at the Capitol when things were going down etc.)

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., says she feared for her life as a violent mob stormed the Capitol building last week.

In a lengthy Instagram Live video Tuesday night, Ocasio-Cortez said that she had a "very close encounter," during which she thought she "was going to die." She didn't elaborate on the details, but cited security concerns.

"I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive, and not just in a general sense but also in a very, very specific sense," the congresswoman said during the hour-long live stream, calling the encounter during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol "traumatizing."

'I thought I was going to die': AOC says she feared for her life during Capitol riot

Edit/Addition an example of her testimony. I think she released a much more elaborate testimony recently for her fans on Twitter or Instagram which was the source for Pools video. (She's giving a very dramatic time line based on what the riot/ mob was doing, but those kind of details gave Tim the ability to debunk the entire story). The whole thing to me reminds me of Hilary Clinton and Brian Williams over 4 years ago with their stories of coming under sniper fire, machine gun fire, mortar fire etc.

He is also calling this woman a liar???

On Lawrence O’Donnell’s show, Rep. Katie Porter’s described hiding out in her office with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez for six hours while the Trump-incited mob rampaged through the U.S. Capitol.

“Alex is really usually, like, unfailingly polite and very personable, and she wasn’t even really talking to me, she was opening up doors, and I was like ‘Can I help you? What are you looking for?’ And she said ‘I’m looking for where I’m going to hide.’”

Porter recounted telling her, “’I'm a mom. I'm calm. I have everything we need. We can live for like a month in this office.’ And she said, ‘I just hope I get to be a mom, I hope I don’t die today.’” And after Ocasio-Cortez expressed fear that she was wearing heels and wouldn’t be able to run, Porter found a pair of sneakers for her to wear. That’s the level of fear Ocasio-Cortez was facing.

We know that the fear she felt was reasonable—people died that day and others were injured. The mob absolutely wanted to kill members of Congress. But, as she said, there’s an attempt at erasure going on, with Republicans wanting desperately to downplay the seriousness of what happened. So it’s important to understand how very far from alone Ocasio-Cortez was in her fear.

Rep. Katie Porter recounts AOC telling her 'I hope I don't die today' during Capitol insurrection (dailykos.com)

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was being facetious ;) (I knew that I should have added a smiley face to the end of the sentence in my last post :sorry: .. in fact, I'll go add one now).

With someone like AOC (and sadly, many others too), the "means" that she uses to get what she wants is unimportant, because she KNOWS that (in the end anyway) she's "right" about all of it :(
I thought maybe you meant it that way, but I wasn't for sure. Misunderstandings are common when you can't see the person talking.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think that your guy is making an assumption when he said there was no way that AOC would think that protesters had entered her building. The area was full of thousands of protesters, and they were loud. They were already talking about "storming the capital" and AOC knew herself to be a target of extremists. I think it’s absolutely likely that she feared they had entered her building, and if someone was banging on her door that could easily play into her fear.

Additionally, it looks like the first barriers were breached at 12:53 (see video below) (note:each video is different despite being tagged the same)
What Parler Saw During the Attack on the Capitol
‘and by 12;57 the crowd was at the capital. In this video you hear someone say "we’re storming the capital.", and it’s possible that AOC saw people saying those words, or saw a livestream of them, on social media.

In this video, at 1:02, you can see that barriers have been pushed aside. So more evidence that barriers had been breached at that point.

‘At 1:06, we hear a woman say "people have taken over the capitol building, stormed the walls, and stormed the capitol". You can see barriers on the ground and shoved aside, and people have claimed the scaffolding around the capitol. If this video was live-streamed, then it’s totally possible that AOC heard that the capitol was being stormed, and that the barriers had been breached.

So I’m not finding it hard at all to believe that AOC knew that thousands of protesters were very close to her building, had breached the barriers, and were bragging about “storming the capitol’ on social media. All of that fits into her timeline. I also think it’s plausible that police or security were sent into her building at 1;00 or shortly after to evacuate congresspeople there. The threat was evident and at that time there are videos of police staging near the capitol and beginning to be overwhelmed by protesters right in front of the capitol.

Then of course there is the possibility that AOC wasn’t exact about the time and it was 1;15 or 1:30.

‘Even The NY Times timeline, which the YouTuber cites in his video says:

12:53 p.m.
Rioters violently overwhelm the police and breach the Capitol’s outermost barricade. They break through three more barriers, forcing officers back to the Capitol steps, where they now face off.

AND

12:58 p.m.
Capitol Police in riot gear are seen arriving to reinforce the line of officers on the Capitol steps.

I’m having a hard time seeing why it’s implausible that at the same time riot police are arriving at the capitol, some were not going into the building nearby to evacuate Congress. The YouTuber is using the breach of the actual building (2:14) as the earliest AOC would have reason to think that protesters were breaching barriers and "storming the capitol."

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed for staff review.

As a reminder, please click through the link in the flaming rule:
Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.​
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here.
It goes to this:

Admin Announcement - A list of unacceptable nicknames

Read it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.