precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which part of Dan 9:27 don't you comprehend? It says the desolation last until the consummation. It doesn't say until Israel restores animal sacrifices in a 3rd rebuilt temple.

3586383643_f08909a5c9_m.jpg

Upvote 0

clemenslee

Apr 14, 2015
Oklahoma
✟15,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which part of Dan 9:27 don't you comprehend? It says the desolation last until the consummation. It doesn't say until Israel restores animal sacrifices in a 3rd rebuilt temple.

View attachment 158438

You read that entire link and that's all you can come out of that with? I was mainly making the point of how the Church and Israel are related and contrasted.

I've never gave anywhere my views on a third temple sacrifices, even though the article may state views on that subject. On the subject of the church and Israel I think its pretty good. Maybe in another thread I can eventually post my views on a 3rd temple.

There are a few on this thread that have seen some of my view on Dan 9:27, but that's another subject.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You read that entire link and that's all you can come out of that with? I was mainly making the point of how the Church and Israel are related and contrasted.

I've never gave anywhere my views on a third temple sacrifices, even though the article may state views on that subject. On the subject of the church and Israel I think its pretty good. Maybe in another thread I can eventually post my views on a 3rd temple.

There are a few on this thread that have seen some of my view on Dan 9:27, but that's another subject.
I didn't read the links because I know there isn't a Church and an Israel. That's why I provided Dan 9:27, because it disproves any existence of a fleshly Israel post it's desolation in 70 ad, and you did say the links suggested otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

clemenslee

Apr 14, 2015
Oklahoma
✟15,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't read the links because I know there isn't a Church and an Israel. That's why provided Dan 9:27, because it disproves any existence of an Israel post it's desolation in 70 ad, and you did say the links suggested otherwise.

View attachment 158455

Wow that's just pathetic, to not read something and post a reply to it because you know its not true. Even I will read pretty much anything that may convey truth or understanding that can further my growth in Christ, cause maybe I'm missing something in my understanding. Just a thought.

I guess the saying, "Everybody is a know it all, when it comes to the things of Christ" is absolutely true, and if it is why post anything and have a debate or discussion about it. You have nothing to learn!

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can read John 16 and 17 and see all the truth they need to see that the Holy Spirit had not yet been given.. otherwise the LORD didn't know what He was talking about... and we all know that's not the case.. and once again, men know this.. it's not difficult.. they simply can't be wrong that's all.

When there seems to be a conflict in the scriptures, there is something we do not understand or there is a problem in the translation.
We may not like this fact. However, we have to deal with it.

Luk_1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luk_1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luk_1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Joh 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

When you figure this one out, let me know. I do not pretend to have the answer.
All I have is the text.

Instead of name-calling, providing false narratives and denial, lets see if we can work together to come to an understanding.

If the same Spirit is in each of us, what would he expect us to do?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow that's just pathetic, to not read something and post a reply to it because you know its not true. Even I will read pretty much anything that may convey truth or understanding that can further my growth in Christ, cause maybe I'm missing something in my understanding. Just a thought.

I guess the saying, "Everybody is a know it all, when it comes to the things of Christ" is absolutely true, and if it is why post anything and have a debate or discussion about it. You have nothing to learn!
I guess if I posted a link to an article entitled, All Christians are Satanist, you would read it for insight too.

Pathetic?

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

John 1:9
Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When there seems to be a conflict in the scriptures, there is something we do not understand or there is a problem in the translation.
We may not like this fact. However, we have to deal with it.

Luk_1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Luk_1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

Luk_1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Joh 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

When you figure this one out, let me know. I do not pretend to have the answer.
All I have is the text.

Instead of name-calling, providing false narratives and denial, lets see if we can work together to come to an understanding.

If the same Spirit is in each of us, what would he expect us to do?

Berean, I'm so far beyond giving you the benefit of the doubt.. people are not this incompetent. If you actually believe that a reference to John The Baptist receiving the Spirit in his Mother's womb is the norm for all believers.. then I'm sorry, there's nothing in common. And regardless of that.. I've witnessed you say one thing and then the opposite, as well as repeat the same ridiculous strawmen over and over again.

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
My comment

Two different things

Israel has been set apart from the nations of the Gentiles by the Lord for His own purposes .... past, present, and future .... like it or not

The Lord's true ecclesia, Israelite or Gentile, have been called out of the world and to immortality .... truth

Get used to it .... a man cannot change either

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You show me what you just said duo using related scripture

Explain with this passage of scripture [Jeremiah 30]

Tell me what the Lord says in Jeremiah 30

Then I will give you a few more

Do I have to post the scripture for you?
Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to the Lord say, "The Lord will surely separate me from his people";... [they] hold fast to my covenant--these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer...for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples." and "[I will] gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and shall see my glory... and some of them also I will take for priests and for levites, says the Lord."
Can't get much clearer than that...

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Berean, I'm so far beyond giving you the benefit of the doubt.. people are not this incompetent. If you actually believe that a reference to John The Baptist receiving the Spirit in his Mother's womb is the norm for all believers.. then I'm sorry, there's nothing in common. And regardless of that.. I've witnessed you say one thing and then the opposite, as well as repeat the same ridiculous strawmen over and over again.

You are the one saying the opposite of what I have clearly posted.

You posted that the Holy Spirit did not come before Pentecost. I simply posted scripture showing that it did come to some, before Pentecost.

I never said anything about it being, "the norm for all believers". Based on the text, it was very rare.

You are the one creating the "strawman", with another false narrative.

Just admit that you were not correct and continue from that point, instead of making the false claim to cover your mistake.

Luk_2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are the one saying the opposite of what I have clearly posted.

You posted that the Holy Spirit did not come before Pentecost. I simply posted scripture showing that it did come to some, before Pentecost.

I never said anything about it being, "the norm for all believers". Based on the text, it was very rare.

You are the one creating the "strawman", with another false narrative.

Just admit that you were not correct and continue from that point, instead of making the false claim to cover your mistake.

Luk_2:25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Whatever you say.. the Holy Spirit wasn't sent at Pentecost, it was always here and John 7 and Acts are obviously wrong.

ANYTHING BUT once again... it's proven over and over again every time you deniers post.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read another perfect candidate for ANYTHING BUT this morning.. in John 16.. check this out.. the Lord speaking to His Jewish disciples.. If this doesn't say it all, I don't know what does.

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever you say.. the Holy Spirit wasn't sent at Pentecost, it was always here and John 7 and Acts are obviously wrong.

I never said it was not. As a matter of fact, it clearly was.

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, that has never been properly diagnosed?

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do I have to post the passage of scripture that I asked you to make your commentary for?

.... and will you do it?

If you are not willing to do this, then we have nothing to discuss
The Book of Consolation does not address the joining in of the Nations, ergo it is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Upvote 0