duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not, they had faith in Jesus Christ before He came, right?
Because the use of such a term coined up to millennia later is not accurate in regards to the shape of the faith. Yahweh the transcendent and immanent God to come and redeem and rescue His people for the express purpose of His own Glory and the redemption of the world. They believed that one like Moses would come, one like David, and that he would bring in true Yahwist worship, and that in many ways he would be Yahweh in the flesh, that one of their forming creeds was "a wandering Aramean was my father," is pivotal to how Israel (lit. those who strive with God) saw their relationship to Yahweh even in the promised land, the faithful were always looking forward to the Messianic age where Yahweh truly would be King, the faithful are living in that reality now (John 19:19) the rest that was promised through the shadow of the land (Heb 4:8) is granted back through Christ (Heb 3:14-15) a reclamation of the rest that we experienced in Eden (4:3-7) but which we need to still pass through this veil of tears in order to attain (4:11 emph. strive) in order that the proclamation of the Gospel--of God's Glory in the act of redemption, at various times and in various ways delivered unto us through the prophets, but now in all its brilliance spoken through the Son--may extend to the ends of the cosmos. (Acts 1:8)

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well you can't expect everyone to be as faithful as new Israel, right?
I think it had something to do with transgression and being unwise. The reason why God spoke in parables when separating the good from the bad, the wheat from the tares, or don't your doctrine entail goats? No bad or unwise people in your doctrine?

3586383643_f08909a5c9_m.jpg

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it had something to do with transgression and being wise. The reason why God spoke in parables when separating the good from the bad, the wheat from the tares, or don't your doctrine entail goats? No bad or unwise people in your doctrine?
Anything but...

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

John 1:9
Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it had something to do with transgression and being unwise. The reason why God spoke in parables when separating the good from the bad, the wheat from the tares, or don't your doctrine entail goats? No bad or unwise people in your doctrine?

View attachment 158379

All bad, not one good.. well except the LORD of course.. for there are none good but one, and that is God.

Isn't that in your doctrine?

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All bad, not one good.. well except the LORD of course.. for there are none good but one, and that is God.

Isn't that in your doctrine?
You need to be more concerned with Christ doctrine and the facts, instead of voicing your personal feelings. He that can't forsake mother and father for Christ sake isn't worthy of Christ.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to be more concerned with Christ doctrine and the facts, instead of voicing your personal feelings. He that can't forsake mother and father for Christ sake isn't worthy of Christ.

View attachment 158382

It is my personal feeling that there are none good but one, and that is God.

Is that a problem?

Don't tell me that you think that you're good too... if so, we can always say that there are none good but you and God.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is my personal feeling that there are none good but one, and that is God.

Is that a problem?

Don't tell me that you think that you're good too... if so, we can always say that there are none good but you and God.
I believe "straw men" was the term used by one of your fellow dispensationist in defining diversions from the topic, and me thinks your straw men are just about beaten to death! :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe "straw men" was the term used by one of your fellow dispensationist in defining diversions from the topic. And me thinks your straw men are just about dead! :D

View attachment 158384

I have no problem with you thinking that you're good like God.

And don't be shy, tell us all about how good you are.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was watching a video of a Muslim head honcho the other day and what struck me most is how highly he thought of himself, as if he was so much better than everyone else. It just made me think that these men must truly think that they're better than everyone else, and in all their self righteousness they can't even see that they're just as wretched as any other man in need of the LORD.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's all about you, and not the topic, is it?

View attachment 158388

I was hoping we'd hear more about how that there are none good but God, and maybe you. Don't be shy now.. here's your chance to really highlight why you're the NEW ISRAEL and they're not.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The RT accusation is flawed because it overlooks Gal 3:17. There was a replacement theology Paul addressed, and it was what Judaism became. (In my research, most commentators think he is referring to post-exilic teachers, not the actual events in history). Judaism said the Law replaced the Promise, and voided it. Judaism's reason for doing that is that a free promise would undercut the necessity of the Law as to how Gentiles received the Promise, who was Christ and his justification from sin. This reshapes everything about how we understand the OT, and the progression to the NT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ebed,

Do you know why there is no such thing as Spiritual Israel?

Because in the OT the Holy Spirit had not yet been given. This is the crystal clear teaching of John 7 which cannot be denied.. The Holy Spirit spoke through the Prophets in the OT although the Holy Spirit was not yet given, as Christ was not yet glorified.

Simple biblical truth.
Right...is that why Jesus said "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS....I AM"???

Do you see how your "simple biblical truth" is simply biblical error? You don't take into account everything in scripture!!! The Holy Spirit didn't DWELL in ALL believers in the OT, but to say it wasn't given is wrong. How does David say in Psalm 51:11?:
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Do a "simple" study of the Holy Spirit in the OT...and never make that statement again!!!
Which of course means that there is no such thing as spiritual Israel.. There are Israelites (Jews) which are the descendants of Jacob and then there are justified Israelites (Jews) who have lived by faith.. long before Christ ever came into the world.
You can deny truth if you want...but how is it God calls Jesus "MY SERVANT ISRAEL"? Your error is refusing to understand "simple" statements of fact. Try Galatians 3:29:
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Like I said before, your teaching blinds you to pertinent facts...or you "simply" refuse what scripture teaches. The Galatians were Jew and Gentile Christians. A simple reading of Galatians 1 lays that out. Now...you have Paul telling them ALL, that in Christ they are ALL Abraham's descendants.

Now if there's no Abraham, there's no Isaac, and no Isaac means no Jacob, and Jesus is THE PROMISED SEED of Abraham...Galatians 4:16:
16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as referring to many, but rather to one, “And to your seed,” that is, Christ.

Keep stumbling at that.

Upvote 0

duolos

ὁ δοῦλος
Apr 7, 2015
✟15,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was hoping we'd hear more about how that there are none good but God, and maybe you. Don't be shy now.. here's your chance to really highlight why you're the NEW ISRAEL and they're not.
Your sarcastic accusations of pride/perfectionism don't actually deal with the monergistic nature of the New Covenant Constitution, but then you're all for the Children of Promise being given by the will of man, or the actions of a husband than by the Will of God, aren't you?

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your sarcastic accusations of pride/perfectionism don't actually deal with the monergistic nature of the New Covenant Constitution, but then you're all for the Children of Promise being given by the will of man, or the actions of a husband than by the Will of God, aren't you?

I know, he's the one who thinks that he is good and that the simple biblical fact that there are none good but one is a strawman... and yet it's my pride and perfectionism..

Trust me, I've seen this tactic from the enemy a zillion times.. as they accuse everyone but themselves... because of course.. you're good and they're not..

I get it already.. you guys enjoy yourselves.

Upvote 0

ThatTrueLight

Feb 12, 2015
✟2,579.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right...is that why Jesus said "BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS....I AM"???

Do you see how your "simple biblical truth" is simply biblical error? You don't take into account everything in scripture!!! The Holy Spirit didn't DWELL in ALL believers in the OT, but to say it wasn't given is wrong. How does David say in Psalm 51:11?:
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Do a "simple" study of the Holy Spirit in the OT...and never make that statement again!!!

The very fact that the Holy Spirit (which could come UPON men) could be taken away is a dead giveaway here.. a Christian today can grieve the Holy Spirit and even quench Him, although he is still sealed unto the DAY of redemption.

The HS spoke through the mouth of the prophets.. this is like bible 101 again.

John 7 undeniably affirms that the HS had not yet been given.. and if it was in the OT, then the teaching of Pentecost when He was SENT, is a lie.

So do the math Ebed. Either God's lying or you are in denial.

Upvote 0