• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anyone remember the Crosswalk forums?

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by ThisIsMe123, Aug 13, 2017 at 7:08 AM.

1. ThisIsMe123

ThisIsMe123 Not sure

+19
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I used to be a member of those forums long ago. Then...they shut it down, the site it still up though for other purposes...but I vaguely remember the reason having possibly to do with people discussing hot button topics that overwhelmed the message boards?

2. Chosen_and_blessed

Chosen_and_blessed Active Member

+308
    Netherlands
    Christian
    Married
    I low-key remember the name 'Crosswalk' but other than that, nope. I remember the Christian chatrooms on MSN. I got saved on one, I think it was called Prayer Warriors. Many years ago now and sadly I lost the piece of paper with the date on it. It is probably still in my old Bible in another part of the country so maybe I will get it back someday. Online ministry saves lives.

3. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+5,302
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I was very active on that forum, got to know a few people including Fritz. I came by way of Christianity.com; which then merged with Crosswalk and Crown Financial to make the faith community forums. What happened was Salem Communication (radio chain) bought them all up and then took the whole forum to Facebook. (I think they are still there) Before that transition they/we were over 100k members.

4. Ron Gurley

Ron Gurley What U See is What U Get!

+309
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Anyone remember:
    Beliefnet ??
    It still exists but no input blogging.
    They now ADVERTISE.
    My guess: They sold their HUGE international data base!
    Beliefnet