Anyone interested in doing a book club?

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See, I don't like Christian books, lol. I went to Bible College and it pretty much corrupted me. Having text books about context, original language and archeology, I tend to pick apart books. It's probably my own fault, but I'm not into the gooey feel good emotional books that seem to plague the Christian market.

Upvote 0

angel_wings13

Jan 19, 2010
Upstate New York
✟7,654.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm pretty much down for reading any thing....as long as it isn't anti-Christian in nature.

I think we could all suggest 1 book to put on the list and then vote on the one we will read.

We can then establish a time line to obtain and read the book and either discuss it in chapters (1-10, 11-20, etc) or just discuss at the end of the book.

What do you all think???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angel_wings13

Jan 19, 2010
Upstate New York
✟7,654.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I suggest...

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson
Alex Cross's niece is found brutally murdered. Overcome with grief, Alex vows to take down her killer before he strikes again. But shortly after he begins the investigation, Alex discovers that his niece had gotten mixed up with some very important, very dangerous people.

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
He placed a notice in a Chicago paper, an advertisement for "a reliable wife." She responded, saying that she was "a simple, honest woman." She was, of course, anything but honest, and the only simple thing about her was her single-minded determination to marry this man and then kill him, slowly and carefully, leaving her a wealthy widow, able to take care of the one she truly loved. What Catherine Land did not realize was that the enigmatic and lonely Ralph Truitt had a plan of his own. And what neither anticipated was that they would fall so completely in love. Filled with unforgettable characters, and shimmering with color and atmosphere, A Reliable Wife is an enthralling tale of love and madness, of longing and murder.

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I would be interested if it is a Christian book, but I am not at all interested in Christian romance.

I think it would very much depend on the book chosen. Quite happy to discuss book in Chapters.

My suggestion would be Bunyon's Pilgrim's Progress :)

That should be fairly easy for most people to obtain.

Blessings

Ley

Upvote 0

Cynthia85

Doctor... Captain Picard... Let's make it so!
Jun 21, 2006
Here for a while, heaven for eternity
Visit site
✟8,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest...

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson
Alex Cross's niece is found brutally murdered. Overcome with grief, Alex vows to take down her killer before he strikes again. But shortly after he begins the investigation, Alex discovers that his niece had gotten mixed up with some very important, very dangerous people.

I second this! I've wanted to read this book since I heard of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.