Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Has anyone here ever gone to graduate school? I'm going through the application process myself, and I'm wondering if someone can give this youngin' any tips, tricks, or helpful advice in general. I've also got a couple of specific questions on the recommendation letters part. And as for the "immediate and long-range objectives" question, how do I even start this essay off?

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone here ever gone to graduate school? I'm going through the application process myself, and I'm wondering if someone can give this youngin' any tips, tricks, or helpful advice in general. I've also got a couple of specific questions on the recommendation letters part. And as for the "immediate and long-range objectives" question, how do I even start this essay off?

I have not brother. What are you pursuing for your masters?

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have not brother. What are you pursuing for your masters?

I'm planning on doing physics. But I think I'm going to skip the masters and go straight to the PhD program. Alas, I seem to have a deficiency in beginning essays. I have no idea how to convey my immediate and long-range objectives other than to say, "I want to have 'Dr.' before my name, hold a pipe in my right hand, and sit in a swivel chair so that I can slowly turn around and say 'greetings, Mr. Bond' every time a student walks in."

Think I'll get points for originality? ^_^

Reactions: RED that's ME
Upvote 0

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm planning on doing physics. But I think I'm going to skip the masters and go straight to the PhD program. Alas, I seem to have a deficiency in beginning essays. I have no idea how to convey my immediate and long-range objectives other than to say, "I want to have 'Dr.' before my name, hold a pipe in my right hand, and sit in a swivel chair so that I can slowly turn around and say 'greetings, Mr. Bond' every time a student walks in."

Think I'll get points for originality? ^_^

If I was on the selection commitee, I would vote for you! (secretly there is a part of every PhD that thinks that way). Do you want to be a future prof or work in a lab doing research somewheres?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.