Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm looking for any good resources that make the best arguments for the egalitarian position. So any books, essays, long blog posts, series, or what have you that you feel do a good job of summing up and clearly laying out egalitarianism. I'd also really love it if anyone had links to any debates on egalitarianism vs complementarianism. I'm really interested in reading the best each of you has to offer so I can gain a better understanding. This is not a challenge or anything, I'm genuinely interested in understanding more about the position. So thank you in advance for any help you're able to offer.

Yours in Christ,

Noscentia

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I'm looking for any good resources that make the best arguments for the egalitarian position. So any books, essays, long blog posts, series, or what have you that you feel do a good job of summing up and clearly laying out egalitarianism. I'd also really love it if anyone had links to any debates on egalitarianism vs complementarianism. I'm really interested in reading the best each of you has to offer so I can gain a better understanding. This is not a challenge or anything, I'm genuinely interested in understanding more about the position. So thank you in advance for any help you're able to offer.

Yours in Christ,

Noscentia

Here are some resources...

Books:
"Man and Woman, One in Christ: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Paul's Letters" by Phillip Barton Payne

"What Paul Really Said about Women" by Paul T. Bristow

Sites:
Marg Mowczko's blog
https://margmowczko.com/

The Junia Project
https://juniaproject.com/

Talk by Amy Orr-Ewing "Is Christianity Bad News for Women?"

Reactions: Noscentia
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Yours in Christ,

Noscentia
Blessings Noscentia, I would suggest you go to Wikipedia Complementarianism and review: References and notes, Further reading, and External links at the bottom of the page.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Galatians 3:28-29 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
26-29 For now that you have faith in Christ you are all sons of God. All of you who were baptised “into” Christ have put on the family likeness of Christ. Gone is the distinction between Jew and Greek, slave and free man, male and female—you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, you are true descendants of Abraham, you are true heirs of his promise.

Upvote 0

Noscentia

Nov 19, 2016
USA
✟45,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I appreciate what everyone has put here so far, but I was really looking for links or resources that each of you might consider the most convincing. Posts or books or videos that you feel either best exemplify/support the egalitarian position or maybe even do the best job of refuting the complementarian position, not links/searches which simply state what positions egalitarians hold to. I was actually surprised to see CBMW linked here considering how staunchly complementarian they are. Bekkilyn's post is a good example of what I'm referring. Thank you @bekkilyn. Your links were very helpful.

• Friendly
Upvote 0