Visit site
✟15,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Virginia People looking to hold prayer meetings in Virginia as I bike across the Country. Will be right close to the border in Moyock, NC the first night, Colonial Heights the second night, fredricksburg the third night, and leesburg the fourth night. If anyones church would be interested or you would be interested in organizing it in the community let me know.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm from Radford Virginia. So Southwest.
To me, that ain't that far in the southwest of Virginia. The REAL Southwest Virginia is Pennington Gap and Jonesville and Norton and Duffield, and as far that way in Virginia as you can get is the Cumberland Gap area. Radford is over halfway to Richmond from there and well to the north of the North Carolina line and well to the northeast of the Tennessee line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mountains of SWVA. Lee County to be exact.
Now that is TRUE Southwest Virginia! It cracks me up how many people say they come from the "southwestern end of the state" (notice I wrote "end") that are from Roanoke or Blacksburg or Rocky Mount or Martinsville.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
cool. I like the shape of virginia
Kentucky and Virginia look very similar on a map. What strikes me as odd is that supposedly Kentucky is a slightly bigger state (supposedly more land area) when Virginia simply looks bigger, is longer from west to east, and even has the Eastern Shore area across the bridge-tunnel from Norfolk.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Any of you been to Mount Rogers, the highest mountain in Virginia? I got as close to Grayson Highland State Park and saw the mountain at a distance but since it started sleeting when we started up the mountain trail, we didn't get that close to Mt. Rogers. It is over 5700 ft high at Mt. Rogers. Is the Blue Ridge in Virginia too like they talk about on "The Waltons"? I think that was in a different part of Virginia, wasn't it, where the show was about.
I think the Waltons was based on somewhere further up state, in the Shennandoah region of the Blue Ridge. Mt Rogers and Whitetop are way to the south, not too far from Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City area ("Tri-Cities") in the vicinity where Va., Tenn., and N.C. all touch each other.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums