✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
LibertyChic said:
We have a move date! Woohoo! Should be headed down that way by Sunday or Monday at the latest. :)

i don't know if ever heard of anyone so excited to move. but have fun with it because its just grand. oh yeah, esp. after moving 4 times, believe me! anyway, here's an early welcome to texas!!:wave: "howdy!"..not that i ever say that or anything.

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
BlackRain said:
i don't know if ever heard of anyone so excited to move. but have fun with it because its just grand. oh yeah, esp. after moving 4 times, believe me! anyway, here's an early welcome to texas!!:wave: "howdy!"..not that i ever say that or anything.

Well, my dh has been down there for 3 weeks now. I'm tired of looking at these moving boxes and am ready to get this over with. We have moved a lot too. I have packing and unpacking down to a science. ;)

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
I say HOWDY all the time, y'all!!

Better learn to say y'all......SO CAL family always makes fun of my accent!

Would you believe I've said "y'all" off and on for years? I am also one of these people that pick up accents way too easily. I figure it will take me approximately 37 seconds to develop a Texan accent. :p

Upvote 0

LovesOfMyLife

Michael, Daniel, and Zoe
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LibertyChic said:
Would you believe I've said "y'all" off and on for years? I am also one of these people that pick up accents way too easily. I figure it will take me approximately 37 seconds to develop a Texan accent. :p

Well, I can believe it....it's certainly easier to say than "you all!"

Well best wishes in your move!! I hope things go smoothly for you. And if you'd like to move and pack and unpack again we'll be moving in July to the house we're building and could use the help!! ;)

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
LibertyChic said:

There are several phrases or sayings that you should probably learn.....I'll start and others can add on:

"fixin' to"........meaning that you are getting ready to do something.......

"soda water" or "coke"......use in place of ''pop"........don't ever say pop again once you cross the Red River......now if somebody says Dr. Pepper, they really mean Dr. Pepper, as nothing else will do.....

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
Well, I can believe it....it's certainly easier to say than "you all!"

We tend to say "you guys" around here.

Well best wishes in your move!! I hope things go smoothly for you. And if you'd like to move and pack and unpack again we'll be moving in July to the house we're building and could use the help!! ;)

I know how this neighbor thing works....come on down and help us unpack and we'll return the favor for ya! :thumbsup: ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Lutherrunner said:
There are several phrases or sayings that you should probably learn.....I'll start and others can add on:

Right...knew about that one ;)

"soda water" or "coke"......use in place of ''pop"........don't ever say pop again once you cross the Red River......now if somebody says Dr. Pepper, they really mean Dr. Pepper, as nothing else will do.....

Is just plain "soda" ok to say? I don't use "pop" much anymore. Californians tend to just say soda. And that's good to know about the Dr. Pepper. :D

Upvote 0

LovesOfMyLife

Michael, Daniel, and Zoe
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK well when you are in a restaraunt and you order a "coke" they are going to ask you which flavor? A "coke" means : sprite, coke, diet coke, dr pepper, etc. But Dr Pepper means Dr Pepper. You have to say I wanna coke ... a coca cola if you want a COKE ;)

Hmm what else should you know :

jeetyet : "did you eat yet?"

Oh and a FORD is the only truck to drive in Texas.

Can't think of anything else yet

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
OK well when you are in a restaraunt and you order a "coke" they are going to ask you which flavor? A "coke" means : sprite, coke, diet coke, dr pepper, etc. But Dr Pepper means Dr Pepper. You have to say I wanna coke ... a coca cola if you want a COKE ;)

So if I ask for a Pepsi right out of the chute, will I be ok? ;)

Hmm what else should you know :

jeetyet : "did you eat yet?"

Oh and a FORD is the only truck to drive in Texas.

Can't think of anything else yet

Ha Ha....then my hubby will fit in just fine! :D

Oooo....question. What are the cell phone laws in Texas? Can you drive and talk on the phone at the same time? Are you required to wear an earbud?

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
LibertyChic said:
What are the cell phone laws in Texas? Can you drive and talk on the phone at the same time?

Can you drive a Suburban 85 mph on 635 switching lanes, talking on the phone and putting on makeup?.....if yes, you'll fit in fine in Dallas.....

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Lutherrunner said:
Can you drive a Suburban 85 mph on 635 switching lanes, talking on the phone and putting on makeup?.....if yes, you'll fit in fine in Dallas.....

Ha ha...sounds just like Los Angeles. You forgot to add in, "while drinking coffee and smoking." (Not that everyone down here smokes, but you get the picture ;) ) I'll be moving a bit further south however.....just south of Austin. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lutherrunner said:

haha!! thats great!! see, i can't stand dr. pepper! isn't that sad?! i used to be addicted to it, but i think i drank it so much that i just got sick of it. i'm a coke girl now! yes..it was hard switching sides, :cry: but it was something that had to be done.

libertychic...you might just be called a yankee. i know, i know...you're from CA, but my friends don't seem to care that i've lived only 6 years of my life up north. i'm still considered "the yank". it just won't grow old even after so many years in texas.
yup...i used to say "you guys" until i almost got beat up for it (with words that is) ;) but now i'm a fixin, cut the light off, yall, howdy texan.
i hope your move goes well!!

Upvote 0

LovesOfMyLife

Michael, Daniel, and Zoe
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LibertyChic said:
So if I ask for a Pepsi right out of the chute, will I be ok? ;)

Ha Ha....then my hubby will fit in just fine! :D

Oooo....question. What are the cell phone laws in Texas? Can you drive and talk on the phone at the same time? Are you required to wear an earbud?

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ORDERING A PEPSI....no restaruants carry Pepsi out here!!

And cell phones -- everyone talks on them and they're outlawed. The new law goes into effect in March, I believe. You are no longer allowed to talk on a cell phone while driving at all. Period. Cops are supposed to start enforcing that law soon!

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ORDERING A PEPSI....no restaruants carry Pepsi out here!!

*a look of terror crosses Libby's face

Nnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait a sec. If y'all can order Dr. Pepper, and Dr. Pepper is a Pepsi product..... :scratch:

Oh now you're just pullin' my leg.

And cell phones -- everyone talks on them and they're outlawed. The new law goes into effect in March, I believe. You are no longer allowed to talk on a cell phone while driving at all. Period. Cops are supposed to start enforcing that law soon!

Hmmm....not even with an ear bud, huh? :sigh:

Upvote 0

AJ

Faith, Hope & Love
Apr 28, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟5,345.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
:) There is plenty of Pepsi in Texas! Don't let them get you upset. hehe You will love the Austin area! It is really nice here. You guys will only be 25 minutes away from downtown. Lots of good music and fun stuff to do down there... (still no comparison to NY, I am sure... )

We live way up on the NW side in Cedar Park.

Are you in Texas now?

Upvote 0

AJ

Faith, Hope & Love
Apr 28, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟5,345.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think the cell phone law has to do with using a "hands free" device... Like an earbud, etc... I should really read up on it, didn't realize it was coming into effect so quickly. Gotta love the lawmakers!

I can tell you confidently that there is no law to completely outlaw cell phones in cars. :)

*edit* I found info about the Texas Legislature getting bills proposed to restrict cell phone usage to hands free only (unless calling emergency responders)... But don't see anything on the record that takes effect in March. Not for a state law anyhow... These bills have come up every year for the last 6 or 8 sessions and thus far have never been passed. We'll see how the fair this time around. :)

Upvote 0