Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
TxAdam said:
:) There is plenty of Pepsi in Texas! Don't let them get you upset. hehe You will love the Austin area! It is really nice here. You guys will only be 25 minutes away from downtown. Lots of good music and fun stuff to do down there... (still no comparison to NY, I am sure... )

We live way up on the NW side in Cedar Park.

Are you in Texas now?

I'm in L.A., not NY ;)

And not yet. Hubby is on the road as I type this. He should be pulling in sometime tomorrow night. Then we'll pack up and head for TEXas! :thumbsup:

(and thanks for the words of comfort regarding the Pepsi. I was soooo worried for a minute ;) )

:hug:

Upvote 0

LovesOfMyLife

Michael, Daniel, and Zoe
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually Dr Pepper isn't a Pepsi product! Although we do have Pepsi, you will be hard pressed to find it in a restaraunt...after all, Dr Pepper was born here. And Coke is king ;) You'll find plenty of Dr Pepper and tons of Coke and some Pepsi. You'll be OK :)

Welcome in advance to TX

And the cell phone law IS supposed to go into effect in March (at least according to the FW Star Telegram!) And no, it doesn't affect hands free devices.

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
Actually Dr Pepper isn't a Pepsi product! Although we do have Pepsi, you will be hard pressed to find it in a restaraunt...after all, Dr Pepper was born here. And Coke is king ;) You'll find plenty of Dr Pepper and tons of Coke and some Pepsi. You'll be OK :)

Welcome in advance to TX

And the cell phone law IS supposed to go into effect in March (at least according to the FW Star Telegram!) And no, it doesn't affect hands free devices.

Well we finally made it down, and I'm already hearing an accent in my voice. Been here, what, a whole week now? :D

You are right about lack of Pepsi.....man alive. Good thing the grocery stores carry it. ;)

And on the cell phones: so that means I can use the hands-free device, right? :scratch: Sorry, I'm still a little rummy from the 3 day drive down and all this unpacking. :sorry:

Upvote 0

AJ

Faith, Hope & Love
Apr 28, 2004
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟5,345.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to Texas LC! :)

There was not a state law passed in the last State Legislature on cell phone use. I am sure they will be trying to push it through again...

Four bills restricting driving and cell phone use were introduced during the 78th Texas Legislature last year, but none passed. Three of the bills advocated the use of handsfree devices while driving.

"I have seen studies that show that the reaction times are as slow as someone who is intoxicated when someone is holding the cell phone to their ear," said state Rep. Jose Menendez, D-San Antonio, who introduced one of the unsuccessful bills.

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/news/2004/02/10/StateLocal/Cell-Phones.Road.Rage.Add.To.Deadly.Automobile.Crashes-602460.shtml

And on the cell phones: so that means I can use the hands-free device, right? :scratch:
And yes... They will not take away the use of hands free devices if the law does get passed this year.

I think the whole thing is a big waste of time... Are they going to start passing laws that you can't drink a soda while driving? or eat french fries? :doh:

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
BlackRain said:
welcome to texas!

Thanks! :wave:

TxAdam said:
Welcome to Texas LC! :)

There was not a state law passed in the last State Legislature on cell phone use. I am sure they will be trying to push it through again...

Oh thank you so much for clarifying that for me. I appreciate it. :) :pray:

utdbear said:
I am in Dallas...

I'll be headed up there next weekend to judge a pageant. :thumbsup: I've also got an aunt or cousin there. (I forget which....one is in Dallas and the other is in Houston). I really need to look them up, eh?

Upvote 0

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
Magical Mystery Tour Update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by: mrversatile48

Yo Texas Rangers!

Anyone going to Masters Commission Conference, Feb 10/11 in 'nix?

Look out for Southport UK team there, inc ace musicians from Czech, Canada & Florida: the Czech guitarist looks like Geri Halliwell, (ex-Spice Girls), & will be totally amazed if ya casually say, "Hi Helen!"

Altogether now...

"By The Time I Get To Phoenix..."

Ian

Shucks: Helen has stayed in UK.. :cry:

..but keyboardist Janine looks kinda like Alanis Morisette/Katie Melua.. :p

Guitarist Richie looks kinda like a young Dolph Lundgren - only @ 10" shorter than that giant, so the sun don't blind ya, like.. :cool:

Mind you, if da sun's in ya eyes, team Capt, Pastor Si, looks like a younger Phil Collins & Deputy Steve like a young GWB.. :bow:

So with that combo of celeb lookalikes, won't it be fun to see how many total strangers come up & say, "Hi Alanis/Katie..Hi Dolph..Hi Phil..Hi Mr President!"??? :groupray:

Here's what I just posted on their www.mcin.org - 4 a laff.. ;)

Our MC team hit Orlando on Sat, excited that they have 11-days MC promo program en route to "Uncharted Territory" MC conference in Phoenix ^_^

As I posted on Thurs - @ SE Region thread - y'all can have fun guessing which surprise cities & churches Faith Fellowship, Orlando, lined up for them.. :amen:

Knowing how USA is famous for prayer breakfasts, lunch-time meetings & supper specials, d'ya think they'll hit 3 cities per day en route? :clap:

Or maybe a day each in the main cities, visiting different churches? :idea:

My guess for today is International Church, Atlanta, GA :angel:

I reckon the venues may well include Evangel Temple, Montgomery & Good News Birmingham, AL..Dream Center & Lighthouse, Jacksonville, MI.. Cathedral of Praise & Coat of Many Colors Church, Houston..Dallas' Christian Center & House of Prayer..All Nations & Full Gospel Central, San Antonio..New Harvest & Solid Rock, Austin, TX :thumbsup:

Will their "criss-crossing USA" divert as far as Oklahoma City Airport Church...Denver Downtown Healing Waters..All People's Praise Center, Colorado Springs..Boulder Origin Community...Phoenix All Nations Outreach?? :scratch:

Having enjoyed many road movies - Convoy/Crossroads, etc - it's an exciting way to stimulate UK youth imaginations @ the monthly multimedia meeting of 18 Southport Evangelical Churches Together, (next Sun, 6.30 @ the oft-televised Christchurch, Lord St, if any friends are in UK now) :wave:

God bless! :priest:

Ian Armitage - ("Mr Versatile") - Dip Th, Adv Dip Mission :hug: :kiss: :hug:

Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

LibertyChic

Finally Free To Be Me
Dec 23, 2003
Texas, Baby!
Visit site
✟31,827.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Daniels Mommy said:
Yay Liberty! I hope you're having fun in Texas. I don't know what the weather is like further south but up here it's nasty. Cold and wet. Supposedly might have snow flurries tonight!!!! :O

Same as you, minus the possible snow flurries. Also had some thunder and lightning earlier, though I missed the lightning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
Daniels Mommy said:
Yay Liberty! I hope you're having fun in Texas. I don't know what the weather is like further south but up here it's nasty. Cold and wet. Supposedly might have snow flurries tonight!!!! :O

Lbiagm said:
have fun mv.

I reckon most delegates had so much fun last weekend.. ^_^

they decided to stay on & party! :clap:

International Conference in Phoenix.. :cool:

Masters Commission's theme was Uncharted Territories.. ;)

Ya reckon them thar happy-clappy born-agains is fixin' to invade y'all?? :p

See www.mcin.org :thumbsup:

God bless all missions teams there! :amen:

Ian :wave:

Upvote 0