Visit site
✟16,262.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I live near in what i swear is Lobstering central! Kirstie Alley has a house in my town and she complained about the lobster traps and now all of the lobstermen get together and go to her house first. Its all very funny stuff

Upvote 0

Jesus_is_my_!Hero!

May 28, 2005
Visit site
✟16,262.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tuffguy said:
I lived in Bangor for 6 months. Life mainers think maine is the center of the universe even though they have never been anywhere else!!! LOL
ouch! NO WE DON'T! everyone knows California is the center of ALL THE ATTENTION! Ms. Maine never makes it past the first elimination, and noone on American Idol is from Maine. THEY ARE ALL FROM CALIFORNIA! no offense

Upvote 0

RufustheRed

Disabled Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
✟10,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, it breaks my heart to hear these negative things about my home of origin. Sadly, I believe each and every story:cry: I spent the first nineteen years of my life in the huge metropolis of Freedom, Maine ;) (population when I was there - approx 350 - 400 people)

I went into the army in 1967 and never moved back, but NOT because I didn't want to! I was the first generation in my family to move away since 1742. After twenty-one years in the army, I said to the wife, "I guess it's time to find a place to live in Maine." Yeah, RIGHT! Not on your life. My wife likes Maine well enough, but she was NOT going to live there. TOO COLD! (She was raised in Florida).

Well, I thought that I would go to college and seminary and by then I would have convinced her to move "back home." That was in 1987 and we STILL live in Indiana. I've pretty much abandoned the idea of moving back, but I would like to visit just one more time before I die. Now we're permanently stuck in northern Indiana, with all of the children (except one) and grandchildren galore living within ten miles from us.

So to the Great State of Maine, "Farwell, but oh, I loved you so."

Mac the "Freedomite" :)

Upvote 0
C

catlover

McGregor said:
Oh, it breaks my heart to hear these negative things about my home of origin. Sadly, I believe each and every story:cry: I spent the first nineteen years of my life in the huge metropolis of Freedom, Maine ;) (population when I was there - approx 350 - 400 people)

I went into the army in 1967 and never moved back, but NOT because I didn't want to! I was the first generation in my family to move away since 1742. After twenty-one years in the army, I said to the wife, "I guess it's time to find a place to live in Maine." Yeah, RIGHT! Not on your life. My wife likes Maine well enough, but she was NOT going to live there. TOO COLD! (She was raised in Florida).

Well, I thought that I would go to college and seminary and by then I would have convinced her to move "back home." That was in 1987 and we STILL live in Indiana. I've pretty much abandoned the idea of moving back, but I would like to visit just one more time before I die. Now we're permanently stuck in northern Indiana, with all of the children (except one) and grandchildren galore living within ten miles from us.

So to the Great State of Maine, "Farwell, but oh, I loved you so."

Mac the "Freedomite" :)

Maine is eccentric, but I believe you will find that eccentricity in small towns in general. Had I known that, live and learn,I would have moved to a bit more populated area.
:)

Upvote 0

AutumnDreamer

Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Everyone :wave: I currently live in Ct, but God has called our family to Maine. I am very excited and have always wanted to live in Maine, I don't think I will have a problem being a local, although I have not until now lived in Maine, my father as well as DH's mother both lived in Maine until they were married. So we will be grandfathered in LOL So I thought I would join in here and see who else is up north!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

catlover

AutumnDreamer said:
Hi Everyone :wave: I currently live in Ct, but God has called our family to Maine. I am very excited and have always wanted to live in Maine, I don't think I will have a problem being a local, although I have not until now lived in Maine, my father as well as DH's mother both lived in Maine until they were married. So we will be grandfathered in LOL So I thought I would join in here and see who else is up north!

If you have children, be extremely careful there is a lot of drug activity in Maine and teen pregnancy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RufustheRed

Disabled Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
✟10,582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
WoundedImmortal said:
I currently live in Maine, hello fellow Mainers!

Hello! I was born and raised there, but alas, I have spent the last forty years wandering in the wilderness. I still long for the home of my childhood.

Which county are you from? My people were in what now is Waldo County since the 1780s.

Mac

Upvote 0

WoundedImmortal

Never Injure What Cannot Die
May 27, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟15,528.00
Faith
Mormon
Politics
US-Democrat
McGregor said:
Hello! I was boen and raised there, but alas, I have spent the last forty years wandering in the wilderness. I still long for the home of my childhood.

Which county are you from? My people were in what now is Waldo County since the 1780s.

Mac
Penobscot county :)

Upvote 0

littlesister

Jan 31, 2006
Maine
✟7,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JoannaJoy said:
Hmmmmm.....

I'm a Mainer, too, though I have to say that after reading this thread I almost didn't want to post here!

:o Ditto...Well, I just stopped in to say hi. I was born and raised here in Maine, and I do love it here, but...I'm still nice! :wave: And I like people 'from away'. By some anomaly in my genetic makeup, I don't think I've ever used that phrase and I don't have a Maine accent, though my enunciation has slipped a bit since marrying my hubby ^_^ I'm sorry you're not happy here catlover...I would hope you'd find people within the body of Christ to be at least a little different than the rest of the 'Maine world.'

And welcome to you, Autumn Dreamer! Hope you will love it here as much as I do. See you around! :)

Upvote 0