fakemind

in love with God
Apr 13, 2002
KY
Visit site
✟395.00
Faith
Christian
it seems that i get these really awful feelings insde a lot, and i cant think of any unconfessed sin that could be causing it - and i pray that God would take it away, or show me the reason behind the feeling. i get so frustrated because i dont understand it, and so i cant fix it.

does anybody else ever have this happen to them? if so, what was the cause? i really need to figure this thing out!

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Sometimes it's not new sin you just did. Sometimes it's old sin.

Like, I was feeling really bad and depressed, and couldn't get over it. And eventually the Lord brought to mind a very old, but hurtful sin.

When I confessed, the bad feeling started to go away. It took time, though, because the sin had been with me a long time and it had taken hold in my heart.

Maybe you were doing something that techinically isn't sin. but isn't healthy, either, like looking at an R-rated movie, and that's bothering you. If you confess it, it loses its power over your feelings.

Upvote 0

fakemind

in love with God
Apr 13, 2002
KY
Visit site
✟395.00
Faith
Christian
thank you so much for your reply lambslove! :)

i will definately pray for God to show me any old unconfessed sins. right now im leaning towards God telling me He's not exactly number one in my life - at least thats what i think right now. sheesh, i know God wants me pure so me and Him can get closer, and i definately want to get closer to God, just wish these feelings had a clearer crisper meaning, if that makes sense.

thanx for the replies, much Christian love!

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
I get that feeling now and then, It's hard to pin it down sometimes though, I generally start praying when I get it. I think most of the time for me it's more of a warning about things that have not yet happened.

Here's an example of one incident when this happened to me.

While going on a trip my husband and I were driving down the freeway, I got a real bad uneasy feeling in my gut. I felt like I wasn't safe for some reason, I prayed that God would keep us safe, and not allow us to get into any accidents. No sooner did I finish praying my husband got in the wrong lane, and we ended getting lost on the freeway. We ended up in a small town, and stopped at store to grab something to drink. We then made our way back to the freeway, and when we got back on it we passed up an extremely bad accident. I really feel had I not prayed, and had we not gotten lost at the time we did, we would have been part of that accident.

Upvote 0

andrea_andrea

I dont bite...too hard
Jul 10, 2002
canada eh?
Visit site
✟604.00
yes a lot of the time
it may the hate i have for my family and its taking me over or that miss someone ( alive or dead) for me the list is endless ( for me ) but most of the time is that i missa my friend or that iu didnt call tghem back when i said i would or that im worried about them. but im usaly ok after i take a bath or a nap. i hope you will get better. a nother thing that helps me is that i concrate on somthing else like i watch a movie or i talk on the phone it may be obbsission complsoive dissorber. i had that amd in ok now. i hope u dont have it ( im not a doctor im not sayiny that u have it ... but it may be the case ). i hope you find out what it is and God Bless!

Bye! God Bless!
-Andrea

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.