Any word on talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zhilan

Well TAW is more active than the OO forum (*nudge* you need to get more copts on here!!! *nudge*) so maybe you could put one there and ask for it to be a sticky. And people could also post any updates on talks or any joint activities between the churches. For example, I know that the Orthodox newspaper that used to be only in Arabic and only Coptic now has an English version that covers ALL Orthodox news. Stuff like that could be added. =)

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well TAW is more active than the OO forum (*nudge* you need to get more copts on here!!! *nudge*) so maybe you could put one there and ask for it to be a sticky. And people could also post any updates on talks or any joint activities between the churches. For example, I know that the Orthodox newspaper that used to be only in Arabic and only Coptic now has an English version that covers ALL Orthodox news. Stuff like that could be added. =)

yes more active but i think that some people there will not accept this thread :idea:

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟137,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd love such a stickied thread! ^_^

EDIT: With reunification, would it just be "Orthodox" or would there still be the Eastern and Coptic before it?

God's clarity, peace, serenity,
In Christ,
Love and unity,
Justin
Not sure about the "Eastern" part, but I like to think that "Coptic" would still be used when applicable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
peter-paul.gif

That they may be one -John 17:22

Reactions: PassthePeace1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Z

zhilan

I don't know it , is there any link for it ?
I don't know. They hand them out at my church. They just started printing them in English several months ago and they carry news for all Orthodox - Copts, Armenians, Greeks, Antiochians, Russians, etc. It's pretty cool actually. And a nice newspaper. It is not a new news paper, it just used to be only in Arabic and I think mostly Coptic whereas the English is all Orthodox.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was talking to my priest about this issue yesterday. Apparently, he was visiting his wife at the hospital (knee replacement surgery) and parked in a clergy spot and as he was heading back to his car, he saw another man in a cassock with a pectoral cross and asked if he was an Orthodox priest and the man replied that yes, he was the pastor of St. Mary's Coptic church nearby. Apparently they got along quite nicely and are both interested in having some fellowship between our churches. Even if we can't share communion yet, just being able to be nice to each other and love one another is a great start.

Upvote 0

copticorthodoxy

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
✟25,993.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was talking to my priest about this issue yesterday. Apparently, he was visiting his wife at the hospital (knee replacement surgery) and parked in a clergy spot and as he was heading back to his car, he saw another man in a cassock with a pectoral cross and asked if he was an Orthodox priest and the man replied that yes, he was the pastor of St. Mary's Coptic church nearby. Apparently they got along quite nicely and are both interested in having some fellowship between our churches. Even if we can't share communion yet, just being able to be nice to each other and love one another is a great start.
:) Great !
i don't know why alot of people fight the Orthodox unity !!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.