Any word on talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yeznik

do you think GT is suitable place for OO/EO supporters?? it will be good but i don't want this thread to turn to fight

I am not concerned about the thread turning into a fight. Even in fights there are opportunities for both sides to learn something. My concern is people getting involved who have absolutely no idea about the differences and yet claim to be the right hand of God.

Upvote 0

weakestlink33

Jun 14, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟8,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
do you think GT is suitable place for OO/EO supporters?? it will be good but i don't want this thread to turn to fight

I think GT would be a good place for this, because then people like me who are not Orthodox but would still support Orthodox unity could get involved too and voice our support :)

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This issue would be with some "non-demonationalists", trying to be the mouth piece of God.

I agree with you, GT would be the worst place to start a thread on this subject. Probably an open thread here or in TAW, would be the best.

My prayers are with ya'll...Peace be with you...Pam

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It’s OK to leave thread here.

If I can suggest: start another thread at TAW to inform people and ask nicely those that oppose not to start arguing – tell people that this is to find things that we have common. I’ve never entered any other church besides EO, but one of you said that he has visited EO churches and attended our Liturgy and he felt completely at home so I guess it is same the other way around - which tells me that we are of one faith even though we have theological differences, and that there are many reasons to be optimistic.

nestoj
God helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

minasoliman

Veteran
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟9,050.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here's another thought. We can request another Congregation group separate from VitD and TAW that supports the unity. And if and when unity happens, the three groups can unite in one congregational forum group.

In this forum, we can have many people that can always ask questions about unity and can post things pertaining to unity, and learning about one another.

As for debates, well, there's always the debate forum, which polemical TAW members hardly engages in.

God bless.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟138,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'd say keep it away from GT as much as possible. There are no discussions there, only debates. Discussions allow room for learning and growth, whereas debates do not.

Denomination-specific theology would be better than the rest of GT, but polemical non-Orthodox may "visit".

Upvote 0

SaintPhotios

Jun 6, 2007
Tennessee
✟8,180.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There's been some discussion about Oriental Orthodoxy in TAW. And I just thought I would stop by VITD. I looked for the sticky thread on unity, but I suppose that never materialized.

So admittedly, I only converted to Eastern Orthodoxy a year ago. Prior to that, I knew nothing of Eastern Christianity. So admittedly, my knowledge of Oriental Orthodoxy is limited. But I understand that you are non-Chalcedonians. And in my opinion (as well as virtually all Orthodox that knew the issues), the monophysite accusation doesn't really exist amongst EO anymore. Our terminology is different, and granted there does need to be unified terminology... but it is my understanding that there are very little, if any, differences in the Christological aspect of the controversy: both sides of agree that there are two aspects of Christ (human and Divine) that are inseparably bonded in one being. Unless I am misunderstanding, the schism seems to me to be a genuine case of misunderstanding if there ever was one.

So I suppose I'm asking, to those with more experience of EO/OO relations, if there are any other issues that actually merit the disunity or if there have been any other theological developments of the Eastern Orthodox that Oriental Orthodox find objectionable (post-Chalcedonian Councils) ?

I look forward to our full communion. And it should be known that many of us in TAW are excited about the restoration of unity between our ancient Churches. Sadly, the Romans have been infested with modernism and New Age abominations. May the truly ancient Churches again feast at the same table very soon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.