NE Lincolnshire, England
✟23,889.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I would LOVE to run in woods and on trails - the peace and solitude, combined with my favourite exercise would be wonderful :) However, I live in a big city, and have such a busy life that I can only just squeeze in the time to do road-running :sigh:

One day.......:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟123,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Although not strictly a trail runner, I truly enjoy it when the climate is accommodating. But whether I am on the road, or on the trail it’s always in the solitude of the forest…. although I am never alone, but I know what your referring to; and it’s a good thing too. There are times when running that I am very vocal and animated with God, {in a good way} and on occasion I will run into someone who sees me carrying on a conversation with what they perceive as no one,……………... they just seem to give me a bit more space when passing them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bless
sandman

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
sandman said:
Although not strictly a trail runner, I truly enjoy it when the climate is accommodating. But whether I am on the road, or on the trail it’s always in the solitude of the forest…. although I am never alone, but I know what your referring to; and it’s a good thing too. There are times when running that I am very vocal and animated with God, {in a good way} and on occasion I will run into someone who sees me carrying on a conversation with what they perceive as no one,……………... they just seem to give me a bit more space when passing them

Bless
sandman
Hey sandman....I see you're from Michigan. I grew up in Freeland and went to college in Kalamazoo and have a sister and neices in Battle Creek. I like to run through the sandy fire roads up there when I get a chance...

What part of the state are you from?

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟123,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I am from the Highland Recreation area, about an hour due south of Freeland. There are some great areas to run up here….let me qualify that ….there are some great areas to run up here with the exception of the time between December – March…..ok, I am whining again.

It is interesting Lutherrunner, half the people I met when I lived in AZ were from MI ……..a figure that would increase dramatically during the snowbird season, TX is another one of those milting pot states. I guess I moved up here because I figured the whole state of MI to be vacated…….

If you get up this way (during the more accommodating months) PM me, I would love to go do some runs with you.

Bless

sandman

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
Humble_Paladin said:
I ran CC in high school and love to run through the woods, swamps, fields, etc. More fun and more exciting than road racing IMO.
I see you're from Ann Arbor....don't they have some crazy trail run in that area called "Dances with Dirt"?

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
RMB62 said:
I was stationed at FT.Carson and loved running the mountain trails there. I have not found anything to match it yet. It was simply beautiful.
I love the Colorado Springs area.....especially that little run they have up Pike's Peak.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

D-Lisch

My Best Friend's Name Is Jesus
Jul 13, 2004
Washington
✟15,886.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Wow... this thread is made just for me!!! OK, so yeah, I love trail-running. It's so much better than the streets, and a lot better for the knees. I don't really like to run alone much, I get scared really easily, especially since some of the trails we run on are literally right next to the State's Women's Prison, that's why we call them "Jail Trails". But trails are great! It's scenic... even moreso out in Western Washington; Ft.Steilacoom, Pt. Defiance, and all around the mountains are great places to run. Sometimes, my friends and I do "exploration" runs... we pretty much go out and scope for cool places to run, or just play around in the woods and break sticks on dumped trash.... yup, that sums up my weekends!

Upvote 0