• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Any Tips for a Chronic Sinusitis Sufferer?

Kalli

Servant of God/Devotional Writer/Youth Coordinator
Aug 27, 2008
MO
Visit site
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well for some reason or another, God knows, I'm blessed with lovely respiratory problems. I have horrible sinus problems plus allergies. I average at least 4 sinus infections a year( a good year), and usually my allergies come along for the ride. I usually get strep or bronchitis that alternate for once a year. My sinuses are the biggest of my problems. I live in an agricultural area and no one has told me what my allergies are to but they get better usually when I go outside. I'm just tired of feeling like mush.
Any rememdies? Any one try a Neti pot? I HATE having stuff up my nose (i.e, nasal spray, etc), but if it REALLY works I might try it.

Blessings!

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Kalli, your sinusitus and allergy symptoms sound exactly like mine. A few weeks ago, after seeing a demonstration of the Neti pot on the Dr. Oz Show, I went out and bought one and have had really good results. It made a world of difference in how I feel. I started by using it once a day until the congestion cleared up, and now I'm down to once or twice a week, as needed. Just make sure you use a purified, iodine-free salt, not the table salt variety. You can buy the Neti pot and salts from a reputable pharmacy, health food store, or vitamin & health catalog. Once you get the hang of using the Neti pot, it will become an indispensible part of your life, like brushing your teeth, combing your hair, etc.

You also mentioned your nose clears up when you go outdoors. That also happens to me. I figure it's most likely from household dust, so I try to be more careful about changing furnace filters more frequently and keeping the house dust-free.

Since I live in a very dry climate, I like to use a steam vaporizer every once in a while which also provides relief from bronchitis and nasal congestion. A vaporizer (or humidifier) would also be something else to consider.

Upvote 0