Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Once you take the red pill - I don't know how you go back to Catholicism, unless you are a cafeteria Catholic - which I think is the only way to be once you see truth, yet you would be most rejected by the true, Trad Catholics.
This is a valid point. There are times I consider a return, but then I just think about the issues that I hold - issues that frankly are not going to be changed in the RCC, they are part of the culture and belief system at this point, even if they are not outright dogma or doctrine. It is not possible.

Upvote 0

Markie Boy

Supporter
Oct 28, 2017
United States
✟375,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a valid point. There are times I consider a return, but then I just think about the issues that I hold - issues that frankly are not going to be changed in the RCC, they are part of the culture and belief system at this point, even if they are not outright dogma or doctrine. It is not possible.

I feel the same way. At times I want to go back - mostly for the people I know. But you are back to teachings I am not comfortable with, and a culture that embraces those things. And the lack of freedom!

I have to say I really liked the people at my old parish - but you were not allowed to gather for a pot luck unless the clergy said it's OK. And they wonder why they have issues with community???

They will never agree - but mandatory celibacy has had such a major impact on things there, it's one of the reasons I'll never go back. And they agree it's not an Apostolic teaching and they could change it! Even with the massive shortage of pastors, they would rather import them from around the globe, bring in ones that don't know our culture, and have barely understandable English - rather than just go back to the teaching of the first 1,000 years and allow married men to serve as pastors. To me, that shows it's about control - not serving God and the people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0