Any other Minnesotans?

Carl Carlson

Jul 28, 2004
✟509.00
Faith
Christian
You're welcome and you are right, there are plenty of bible study and prayer groups that are great to get involved in. They also become quite necessary for the Christian brothers and sisters as many of my close friends have attested to, they wouldn't have made it if they hadnt sought out great Christian friendships in the student body. You're really submerged in the college culture when you live on campus. Finding the Christian groups early will help in your walk, especially when you can help OTHER freshmen desiring to live for Christ.

Have fun and God bless!

Upvote 0

BahBahBritty86

Aug 13, 2004
Minneapolis
✟660.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah...I'm kind of nervous though, because I've always wanted to get involved in Greek life as well! No...not for the "parties" or for the "guys" but for the service that they do for the University, and--more importantly--the community! There's MUCH MORE to sororities than "ditzy blonde girls who drink, have sex, and do drugs" (just thought I'd say that before people come and start attacking me about sorority life, lol)

Upvote 0

Carl Carlson

Jul 28, 2004
✟509.00
Faith
Christian
BahBahBritty86 said:
Yeah...I'm kind of nervous though, because I've always wanted to get involved in Greek life as well! No...not for the "parties" or for the "guys" but for the service that they do for the University, and--more importantly--the community! There's MUCH MORE to sororities than "ditzy blonde girls who drink, have sex, and do drugs" (just thought I'd say that before people come and start attacking me about sorority life, lol)
Theres been some bad scenes at the U with the sororities and fraternities. Honestly I would stay away from them. It's tough to know what its really about until you're actually submerged in it. I've known some really strong Christians that little by little allowed a lot of bad things to corrupt their Godly filter. There are plenty of Christian groups that are really good down there and help out a lot. Great Christian friends help out so much! :groupray:

As tough as it is at the school, I would probably stick to those before going to a sorority. There may be a large compromise of Godly values attached to it. You can still do great things for the community as part of the church!

God Bless!

Upvote 0

PB13

Aug 25, 2004
✟114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi all. I'm brand-spankin' new here. This is my first post
I have lived in MN my whole life. I actually live just down the block from my high school. My husband did too....we are boring .

BahBhaBritty, my best friend went to the U (for undergrad, as well as medical school) and was very involved in Campus Crusades (I think that's what she was in there...). She found a Godly group and made it through all those years of school A-Ok. So, it can be done Just be sure to stick with your values and beliefs and you'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Carl Carlson

Jul 28, 2004
✟509.00
Faith
Christian
PB13 said:
Hi all. I'm brand-spankin' new here. This is my first post
I have lived in MN my whole life. I actually live just down the block from my high school. My husband did too....we are boring .

BahBhaBritty, my best friend went to the U (for undergrad, as well as medical school) and was very involved in Campus Crusades (I think that's what she was in there...). She found a Godly group and made it through all those years of school A-Ok. So, it can be done Just be sure to stick with your values and beliefs and you'll be fine.
Good call on the Campus Crusades and sticking with the values.

And congratulations on your first post!

God bless.

Reactions: hola
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianWarrior

Quirky and Loveable Screw-up
Nov 1, 2003
Central Minnesota
Visit site
✟2,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
seebs said:
St. Paul.

Thinking about starting a CF gathering for the Twin Cities area.
YAY for a CF gathering :D. Methinks i would make every effort to go to that! I used to live in Rochester, but now I live in the middle of nowhere, I mean, not far from Little Falls, about an hour from St. Cloud. I'm at least 10 miles from any city of more than 500...yeah
I love the winters in MN, but the summers are to hot for my taste ;) Or at least last too long. I vote for 40-50 degree wheather for 60% of the year, a bit hotter for 20%, and -20+ for 40% ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Carico - I spent one summer in Grand Forks at the University there.
My daughter recently moved to Chicago - Uptown section.
How long did you live in Chicago? How'd you make the adjustment to small town life?

Upvote 0