Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are there any fans of Monty Python because I loved the comedy troupe since 1989 when I saw Eric Idle on "Around the World in 80 Days" and have that on tape and also Eric's four shows of "Nearly Departed"(the two unaired shows aired in Great Britian in 1990), also 39 of the "Flying Circus" episodes, and the "Meaning of Life" movie. I like all six members but Eric is my favorite because he is the first one that I liked despite also hearing about John Cleese!! Eric is the cutest Python. Here is my take on all six of them:

Graham Chapman: The Straight Man in the Group(always have to be one and he was the one) and also, sadly the dead one, dying one day short of the 20th Anniversary of the troupe on October 4 1989. RIP Graham :cry: :(
John Cleese: The Tall One and also the more "authorative" one
Terry Gilliam: The Lone American and Animated One that rarely let his art do all of the talking and rarely on camera
Eric Idle: The musical one and also the "matinee idol"
Terry Jones: The medieval one(he loves medieval history) & always looked also the one that looked good in drag
Michael Palin: The nice-guy one and also the travel guide one.

Karl - Liberal Backslider

Senior Veteran
Jul 16, 2003
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟20,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Monty Python - especially the movies, and even more especially Life of Brian - is the finest comedy we have created.

Without it, there would, I am sure, have been no Blackadder, and no Father Ted. And how impoverished we would all be.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
fabuleuse said:
Monty Python and the Holy Grail is one of my favourite films. It's sheer comedy genius. Life of Brian was also very funny - I didn't like The Meaning of Life too much though!
I love those two films-I especially love religious satire. If you can't laugh at yourself then you'll have problems in life lol. I also didn't like TMOL too much-the segment where the fat guy overeats is just disgusting!

My favourite member is my fellow American Terry Gilliam. Another favourite is Eric Idle, who is the only one with a top hit (Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

but'n'ben

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
Feb 24, 2004
✟1,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Monty python is fantastic!

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!! Now, leave beofre I taunt you a second time!"

"What a strange person."

It's so randon and how cute is Michael Palin in armour?! He looks so young! Great film though. Watched it only last night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.