Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I used to ride alot, up until I had a really bad fall and gained a ton of back and neck problems. In 1998 I was thrown off a Quarter Horse. My favorite horses to ride are Arabians (I used this breed for Hunter/Jumper) and German Warmbloods(they get up to over 18 hands/ I used this breed for Dressage).

Upvote 0

stellaluna

Bunhead for Christ!
Aug 17, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟431.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I used to work on a horse farm but i'm getting to busy to travel all the way out there anymore. i also taught riding lessons and pony camp. I used to full time ride a quarter horse mare, Blessing. but her owner moved to NC. I also leased a great welsh pony, Grey Harbour better known as Pickles. I ride mostly hunter, but cross country and western as well. quarters are awesome! i think their one of the best mannered horses out there. they can do anything!!

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i been riding since i was 7. my granparents own a farm. i prefer english over western. but learned western. we used to have an arabian. but he passed away few years ago.. and i don't visit their enough to get my own... just yet ;)

i now volunteer at this place more closer to my house. the horses i exercise, are really timid. they've been previously abused, and tooken away from their owners by the state. sometimes its scary... lotta of em are in a fragile state still, and never really forget their past.. its sad.

but they dont get abuse/neglected nemore. the state pays for their food, and stables. etc. and the lady who owns the land, lets ppl volunteer in exchange you can ride em as much as ya want. i love it. :)

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
I have had my fill of horses. When i was around 20, and my sis was 14, she got a mare for christmas. I ended beign the one who really rode and took care of her. That horse was such a pain though, I couldn't train her at all. Had hoof print bruises on my butt a few times...and the last straw was when she rode me through a tree, then proceeded to jerk the reigns out of my hand, i bent over to try and reach them and she head butted me. I got a little woozy, and then fell off. I am so afraid of horses now lol...only well trained ones will I ride, with someone who is extremely comfortable in handling them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

indigo tree

Well, I had my first riding lesson yesterday in which I did a lot of things wrong and had a lot of fun.

As the lessons are rather expensive, my instructor suggested I come to thier shows they have every other weekend, and pass out ribbons. Since I'll be there all day, that'll get me about 30 dollars a show. So thast'll be one thing to keep me busy until I have my next riding lesson, which I'm looking forward too.:)

Upvote 0
i LOVE horses! i train/ride/show ponies mainly. im 4'11 so that makes me fair game for the beastie lil things! haha ponies know all the tricks in the book. i guess thats why i love them so much. mischievious like me! anyway, ive been riding for 10 yrs. i did 4-H, local hunter/jumper circuits, medal finals, and a few A circuits. no preference of breed, im best with ponies though. they have a mind of their own. so do i. mwahaha :)

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! Lot's of of us have horses! We have a standardbred gelding (Mr. Personality) and a Tennesee Walking Horse mare. They are two terrific horses but I don't get much time to ride. They are very pampered. They follow me everywhere I go when I'm outside for love and scratches! I am hoping to get back to riding now the weather is cooling off.
DJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.