Keep what ya got...by giving it all away
Jan 4, 2007
London
✟10,340.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yay!! Great to meet you! :wave:

Yes, I like peyote stitch too, it's so versatile, isn't it!

I have a book of native American patterns, they are so beautiful!

I am beading like a possessed woman at the moment, using all my odd beads for jewellery to sell for my church in the summer! I also knit, crochet and make lace. My daughter and I had a wonderful time last weekend, all we did in our spare time was sit and string beads together...:thumbsup:

What are you working on at the moment?

God bless

V. L. xxxx

Upvote 0

nashotchayil

Jan 26, 2007
✟15,134.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I am not a beader per se but I am an avid needleworker and would love to try all needlearts at least once. Anyway, I am currently into patchwork and quilting. I participate in a block swap online and the gal I recently swapped with wanted her blocks to be mixed media. One of the fabrics I was using was a beautiful paisley print so I decided to adapt an idea I saw on cqmagonline.com for a beaded paisley motif. I used a piece of stabilizer and had my son draw a paisley shape which I then filled in with sequins and beads. It came out so pretty. I then trimed the stabilizer as close to the stitching as I could get and appliqued it to the center square of my block. It was my first experience doing this type of work but I don't think it will be my last as I really enjoyed working with those beautiful beads.

Upvote 0
Jan 28, 2007
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right now I'm not working on any beading project. I go through phases where I bead like crazy then nothing. I use mainly 11/0 seed beads but do have some 13/0. I do like peyote stitch ,the traditional not the flat version. I think the hardest part is coming up with designs and then making it into beadwork. It took me along time to make the beads spiral opposite to the natural flow of the stitch.

Upvote 0

VioletLady

Jan 4, 2007
London
✟10,340.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

Got a bit absorbed in my beads yesterday...before I knew it it was time to pick my daughter up from school!

Made some bits to sell at church with odd beads - little daisy earrings and stuff. I became single last summer, and I sort of buried my needlecrafts for a while. But God gave my a jolt and reminded me that I could use my crafts to make others a little bit happier...I get a lot out of that.

God bless,

Love V. L. :wave:

Upvote 0

Uniting

Dec 19, 2006
✟9,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone!

Got a bit absorbed in my beads yesterday...before I knew it it was time to pick my daughter up from school!

Made some bits to sell at church with odd beads - little daisy earrings and stuff. I became single last summer, and I sort of buried my needlecrafts for a while. But God gave my a jolt and reminded me that I could use my crafts to make others a little bit happier...I get a lot out of that.

God bless,

Love V. L. :wave:
That's great! What do people seem to like the best out of the things you make?

Upvote 0

VioletLady

Jan 4, 2007
London
✟10,340.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi!

My daughter loves it when I make little bracelets for her friends - I get them to choose the colours. :tutu:

I also find that bookmarks go down well - I have some patterns for cross-shaped bookmarks. They're quite easy to make, and good fun! Also, if there's a baby on the way, I like to put together a couple of little cardigans. The trouble is, I then get a little broody!! ;)

What about you? What do you do with bits of thread and beads and stuff?

God bless,

V. L. :wave: xxxx

Reactions: Uniting
Upvote 0

Uniting

Dec 19, 2006
✟9,179.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi!

My daughter loves it when I make little bracelets for her friends - I get them to choose the colours. :tutu:

I also find that bookmarks go down well - I have some patterns for cross-shaped bookmarks. They're quite easy to make, and good fun! Also, if there's a baby on the way, I like to put together a couple of little cardigans. The trouble is, I then get a little broody!! ;)

What about you? What do you do with bits of thread and beads and stuff?

God bless,

V. L. :wave: xxxx
Hi VL, that's so sweet, thanks for sharing :)
I usually bead on top of garments, semi-abstract designs. I've also made jewellry before, but mainly necklaces. I like to use glass beads for the necklaces and seed beads for the bead-embrodery.
xox
Uniting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lludmila

Passionate Pacifist
Feb 4, 2007
an American in search of her roots
Visit site
✟11,743.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
oh yeah! i make a meager living off it, actually. i make "illusion necklaces" featuring a few sparkly beads onmagis stretch vinyl cording and i make some hemp jewelry. i like working with sed beads but i have not found it worth my time so i have experimented in new directions as well. but yeah, beading is one of my favorite hobbies. cool to meet all of you!

Upvote 0

MrsJoy

In love with my wonderful husband
Jan 17, 2007
✟17,390.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi there MrsJoy!

Is there any way you can post photos of your necklaces? Would love to see them!!

God bless,

Love V. L. :wave: xxxxx
maybe in the near future. My current cam is slowly dying and refuses to co-operate w/ my comp.
I'm hoping I may get one for my b-day in the spring or something like that :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

spicyice

Feb 25, 2007
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi :wave:

When I was younger, around 12 years old, I used to bead non stop with my mom...It was really fun...we made bracelets and necklaces and cross keychains out of seed beads...

Recently I started getting interested again, and would like to continue this hobby. Looking into making some earrings... :)

Upvote 0

VioletLady

Jan 4, 2007
London
✟10,340.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi there spicyice, and welcome to CF!! :wave:

Yeah, earrings are fun...I made a crazy pair of earrings in herringbone - they looked like tulips. I made them just for fun...but my best friend came over yesterday and snapped them up!! She looked great in them. Think I'll make some more...! :D

God bless!!

Love V. L. xxxxx

Upvote 0

LightHearted

No Storm Can Shake My Inmost Calm
Dec 8, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟25,272.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, :wave:

I'm a beader, too. I've been dabbling in Arts & Crafts shows, and have been making jewelry for people on request.

I love to challenge myself, but find that the beading that I enjoy to do (difficult pieces) isn't really sellable. If the piece is sold, it's sold for much less than what it's actually worth.

Do you all find that you do less beading in the spring and summer?

Upvote 0