• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anxious about a few things

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have to reach out again,but I really need help on understanding some things and spiritual growth.

1.) Let me start here,I’m very anxious that my spiritual growth these past years are built up on Christian sources instead of the Bible’s explanation,Now I do have autism,and sometimes if not most times it’s hard for me to understand or comprehend certain areas in the Bible,so I turn to trustworthy Christian sources for better summaries of certain points.Sometimes its just simple questions like “how did Moses learn about God when he was raised in an Egyptian Gods environment” or summaries regarding Old Testament books.Sometimes I’m asking questions and search for answers on Christian sources.I can say that I have more spiritual growth today than I did last year today,but I’m anxious that I somehow have built up on “faulty” not saying it is,but;information.I do do my research before looking somewhere(denominations,doctrines,etc) I can say though I know so much more than I did when I was newly a Christian.

2.)I’ve also been having anxiety about when I say I’m Christian,I always have a feeling that I’m not or I’m somehow a fake or faulty Christian,I lack confidence in saying boldly “Im a Christian” and it’s scary.

3.) This is an ocd related problem,but I’ve been having anxiety and intrusive thoughts that somehow I secretly “want to take the mark of the beast” or “I don’t feel hate for Satan” it’s just anxiety that’s scaring me and catching me off guard.

If anyone has the time to help,I’d be so grateful,I really would.