Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shortly after or during my conversion I prayed three specific prayers..

1. I wanted to find a local church I could go worship Him and learn from His word at.
2. I wanted to own my own car to drive to said church.
3. I wanted a job so I could pay for said car.

All were answered within a two month span. Then there was the time when I had gotten on my knees beside my bed and asked Him for a new job because I was unemployed at the time. Not before I opened my eyes and said amen there was an prospective employer calling me with an offer. That was a special moment I remember too.

Isaiah 65:24 - "
Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear."

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. —Psalm 127:1

Two months ago during a casual conversation I made a comment about someone I was previously involved with unexpectedly. It spilled out. I stared at the words in shock and knew I had to unpack it. I began doing so and the Lord led me back to the time when when I met @cara-mia and discovered the meaning of agape.

He reminded me what we said and what I desired in a companion and encouraged me to reach out to him and I did. We hadn't spoken in a year and I wasn't sure what was going on with him but that didn't matter. I shared my thoughts and heart and kept doing so. I was writing my way through the uncertainty until I found the answers I sought.

He hadn't responded and I didn't know why and felt a combination of silliness, frustration, and confusion. So I stopped. But the Holy Spirit pricked me and I resumed. He encouraged me to let go and stop holding back. Once again, I did as He asked.

I noticed changes within myself. An awakening and budding joy that was the result of returning to the place. It's a quieter, calmer, softer bella. The heart of my surrender and femininity. It necessitates vulnerability and transparency on a different scale.

I continued once a day. I skipped one time and noticed a shift. I was out of sorts and resumed my schedule. I returned to the site where I met him and reconnected with old acquaintances. I needed to work on myself and be in the company of like-minded women.

I began receiving a lot of correspondences from the opposite sex. Although I indicated I wasn't looking (and I wasn't) and never acknowledged what I desired on my profile. A polite gentleman reached out and we began talking. Our discourse is light and enjoyable. He's respectful and kind. But I could tell he was interested.

My concern increased and I asked the Lord for help. Before I drifted off to sleep Monday evening I told Him I needed an answer. Not knowing was difficult. Where we reconciling or not? I prayed for both and went to bed. Unbeknownst to me the solution was underway.

I woke Tuesday morning to a message. I'll include a snippet here:

What are you creating desire for - and, how are you going about it?
More importantly - is that serving you? Sometimes we find ourselves wanting something yet our actions are not aligned with what we want at all.

I knew it was for me and what it referenced. I began to cry. I sat down to write and shared the piece with him in my note. I felt the Lord nudging to dive in. I told him I wasn't sure what he wanted but I knew he'd never string me along or blow me off. That's not his way. He's a gentleman. I suggested that he visit too.

I went about my day and stole a peek at my inbox and had a note from him. Monday evening while setting up an account he needed to validate his information. The email was sent to the address I was writing. When he logged in he saw the notes. He wasn't aware I was writing at all.

He spent the evening reading my notes and wrote a heartfelt messages in the morning. While he was composing it the one I wrote arrived. I noticed a difference immediately. He was more mature, settled, and mentioned God several times. We experienced parallel journeys of self-reflection and a mutual recognition about the other's place.

He wants me. We're together. And he'll be here in a few weeks. The Lord answered my prayer decidedly. It's a little surreal. But He told me not to give up. And I'm glad I didn't.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yesterday, the Holy Spirit instructed me to visit an old resource on spiritual warfare. I addressed the issues I needed to and saw the breakthrough this morning.

I recall a comment a young Christian woman made years ago. She was married and told me she wouldn’t waste time laboring for someone as I was. But the time wasn’t wasted. He was preparing me for battles to come. He taught me how to stand without growing faint. And do it for years. Now I’m ready.

Answered: Watch Fireproof and War Room and complete The Love Dare and Respect Dare simultaneously. The dares are 40 day challenges which reinforce love and respect.

DH agreed to the request. I’m excited to see what the Lord does. We’re moving the visit to correlate with its completion. It’s a couple of weeks but the reward is worth it.

In Process: N’s healing and restoration.

~bella

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

TheWhat?

Ate all the treats
Jul 3, 2021
SoCal
✟38,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not an answered prayer, exactly, but an interesting occurrence. I came back here last summer about ready to quit the certification program I had enrolled in. It was a tough year. Loss of friends and loved ones, burn out, and spiritual difficulties were met with no shortage of folks chomping at the bit to kick a person while he was down.

Well, long story short, with over 50% of the coursework remaining due within about two months, I was so stressed and down about it at one point I made the phone call to withdraw from the course. My counselor convinced me to opt for a "freeze" in the course to give me some time to resolve life issues, and which I hadn't realized was available. So, we did that, and on resuming the course she informed me another extension was available for participants who reach at least 75% progress before the final deadline. I was assigned a new mentor who examined my final project -- a project which had taken months to complete and as not even touched in that time off, and he gave me a pass. After final submission the course completion percentage was bumped up to just over 75%.

I now have an extension available and I may not even need it. It was hard to see it at the time but I'm convinced it does seem like God had his hand in this and overruled my failing the course in these circumstances.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Multiple prayers have been answered recently.

I prayed for one contract, got two, and surprislngly get to keep my other job. In doing so, I retain important affiliations and meet a personal income goal three years ahead of time. If all goes well, this may kick-start the next phase of my career. Part of my mind says coincidence, but try as I might to deny it this has God's written signature all over it. At least what's happened so far, in which I see the answer. It's evidently for his purpose, and therefore humbling to be along for the ride, but in doing so has revealed more of my purpose. Who knows what the future will bring.

Also, an elderly family member had a health scare a few months ago. He's doing well now. This is arguably a bigger answer to prayer than the one mentioned above. Work-related things can happen whenever, but family and friends are what's most important.

Of course, these are just a couple of the positive answers. At other times the answer is no, maybe, wait, etc.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟125,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Multiple prayers have been answered recently.

I prayed for one contract, got two, and surprislngly get to keep my other job. In doing so, I retain important affiliations and meet a personal income goal three years ahead of time. If all goes well, this may kick-start the next phase of my career. Part of my mind says coincidence, but try as I might to deny it this has God's written signature all over it. At least what's happened so far, in which I see the answer. It's evidently for his purpose, and therefore humbling to be along for the ride, but in doing so has revealed more of my purpose. Who knows what the future will bring.

Also, an elderly family member had a health scare a few months ago. He's doing well now. This is arguably a bigger answer to prayer than the one mentioned above. Work-related things can happen whenever, but family and friends are what's most important.

Of course, these are just a couple of the positive answers. At other times the answer is no, maybe, wait, etc.
Praise the Lord for His timing and signature written on your career moves and the elderly family member doing better. :clap:

• Friendly
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0