Another thing I don't understand about the creationist position...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
And contradictions. Quite a few of which have been presented to you. Which you ignore.
Everyone was a straw man. The wind blew it away. The product of a reprobate mind from people that you insist does not care about science or the truth.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind so that they do what ought not to be done. (Romans 1:23)

Not that I care, you are a lot more upset about it than I ever will be. People can do what they want. Why should I care what they do with their lives? If they are hell-bent on destruction, then so be it. Everyone gets to make all of their own choices in life to do whatever they want to do.

What we do NOT get to choose or have any control over are the consequences of our actions and what we decide to do in life and with our life.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you read the Bible in Greek? the language of the NT writers?
I do, although Greek is mostly based on Latin. Greek is a very military language. It is precise and was used for military conquest when it is important to be able to control the troops. So they know exactly what they are to do.

Still I agree the KJV is the version authorised by God.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Do you go door-to-door with the Masoretic Text? or teach 1st grade Sunday school with it?

I have a feeling you don't.

God gave us the AV1611 for a reason.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone was a straw man.

Then it becomes encumbant upon you to show why you say that they are not directly contradictory. Hand waving them away is no better than admitting that you have no answer. I know you don't have one, so how you even try to explain them is something of a mystery only you can explain.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is PLENTY of evidence. Even if they did have a lack of evidence in a very Muslim country that wants to deny their "Jewish" brother of their birthright. A lack of evidence does not mean a thing. This is simply an antisemitic statement propitiated by the Muslim community.
What an utterly ridiculous ignorant post.

(1) Manetho’s “Aegyptiaca” which I quoted in my previous post is a lost work but excerpts have been quoted by later historians such as Josephus in the first century AD.
It was Josephus a Jewish historian who first proposed the Jews originated from the Hyksos.

(2) The ancient Egyptians themselves recorded the Hyksos as foreign rulers identified by their Semitic names in the Turin King List and other pieces of archaeological evidence such as scarabs showing kings identified by Semitic names.

1679015469988.png
(3) Resorting to ridiculous conspiracy theories by ignoring the archaeological evidence and claiming “simply an antisemitic statement propitiated by the Muslim community.”
The correct term is propagated not propitiated and the facts are the ancient Egyptian account is supported by the archaeological evidence not Exodus.
Furthermore the Egyptians became Muslims over 2000 years after the expulsion of the Hyksos and 900 years after Manetho.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If humans came from apes did we have apes one day then all the sudden these apes gave birth to a human or was there a transitional phase where apes gave birth to something not quite ape and not quite human that later evolved even more into humans? And why don’t we see any life forms that are still in between the developing stages? Basically where’s the missing link? The evolution process took place for millions of years then all the sudden stopped?

Apes give birth to humans every day. In fact, all humans are born from apes.

Reactions: Frank Robert
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you go door-to-door with the Masoretic Text? or teach 1st grade Sunday school with it?
We have to prepare our own material. Maybe I should work with that. Dealing with a first grader and dealing with PhD's is pretty much the same. The main thing is to teach them the symbolic meaning of the letters. There is a lot of lessons in just that. You have Aleph and Bet for Alphabet. A & B

Aleph, in Hasidic, represents the oneness of God. The letter can be seen as being composed of an upper yud, a lower yud, and a vav leaning on a diagonal. The upper yud represents the hidden and ineffable aspects of God while the lower yud represents God's revelation and presence in the world.

The name bet is derived from the West Semitic word for "house" (as in Hebrew bayt בַּיִת), and the shape of the letter derives from a Proto-Sinaitic glyph that may have been based on the Egyptian hieroglyph Pr. which depicts a house.

download (1).jpeg
screenshot-www.minimannamoments.com-2023.03.16-22_13_53.png

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why don't you read the Bible in Greek? the language of the NT writers?

I only read it in the original Klingon:

qo' muSHa'qu'mo' Qun'a'
boghpu'bogh neH puqloDDaj nob,
Qaw'be'lu'meH voqbogh Hoch.
reH yIn.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seqenenra Taa met a gruesome end.

An autopsy via CT scan was performed on Seqenenra Taa in 2019.

Conclusion​

This study of the mummified body of King Seqenenre-Taa-II helped to develop a better understanding of the circumstances of his death. This study suggests that King Seqenenre was likely killed while leading the Egyptian military against the Hyksos army. He was captured in battle and was killed in the struggle.

The reconstructed CT images enabled a detailed analysis of the King's craniofacial injuries, helped match the injuries with the weapons used to inflict them, and suggest a possible scenario of the attack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So God tells one person 'It's to be taken literally'. And to another (this will be a huge majority) 'It's a metaphor. If you want the exact details, use science'.

Now either one group is wrong. Or God is lying to one of them. That's impossible. So how do I know which group is wrong?

Spoiler alert: It won't ever be the one you're in.
You just asked me if god told you something different if I would believe it. I would not because God does not lie nor does He change. As far as science goes If that is your god than you have chosen. You seem more concerned with the beginning than the end. I was created by God. If you choose to believe you evolved from a different species or out of some primordial slime that over time became human than you have more faith in chance than I do. You learn about science by studying. Why do you not study God whom you reject because the things of God are higher than ours and His thoughts higher than ours. Seems like a man of your intellect would study the other side.
As for viewing the beginning of existance being a metaphor, I believe a day was a day as it is today. Who am I that I should question the Creator of all things? I for one was known before I was knitted in my mother's womb. Let God be True and every man a liar. Science is made by man, man is falliable I will believe in God who was there when it started and created what is.
You have your science to back you I have The Word on my side and I will be steadfast in my belief that God spoke and "BANG" it happened.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The first time I read this I saw "written in blood together".
We are to be washed and cleansed in the Blood of Jesus. Revelation 7:14b "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are to be washed and cleansed in the Blood of Jesus. Revelation 7:14b "These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

When I get blood on me, I wash it off. (But that's not relevant, since when I saw your reply about my Klingon, I was thinking about their bloody propensities. If you can't keep up with the Star Trek References, that's OK.)

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
You just asked me if god told you something different if I would believe it. I would not because God does not lie nor does He change.
No. You are being asked that if God told you that you misunderstood whether you would change. The Bible does NOT say that Genesis is to be taken literally. That is your understanding and it is NOT the understanding of other Christians.

The question is "Could you be wrong?" Well, can you?

As for viewing the beginning of existance being a metaphor, I believe a day was a day as it is today. Who am I that I should question the Creator of all things?
You are being asked to question your understanding of what your god told you.

What you have done is made your own understanding a golden calf.

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do, although Greek is mostly based on Latin. Greek is a very military language. It is precise and was used for military conquest when it is important to be able to control the troops. So they know exactly what they are to do.

You have it backwards
Is it possible that Greek originated from Latin? It is not, mainly for one simple reason: Greek is approximately two thousand years older than Latin. So, what about the other way around? Did Latin originate from Greek? Also no. They do, however, share the same origin.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You just asked me if god told you something different if I would believe it. I would not because God does not lie nor does He change.
If I said He told me something different to you,then are you saying that I am lying?

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I said He told me something different to you,then are you saying that I am lying?
Yes, I guess if you would be contrary to The Word. As the Word states let God be True and every man a liar. Romans 3:4
God does not change He is the same yesterday today and forever. So for Him to say one thing to you and another to someone else means He changed His mind or venue

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.