Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think this is a gun control issue. I know teachers who fear for their safety just by the bare hands of some of their students. The answer can't be to cut everybody's hands off--but maybe the probelm IS that we metaphorically cut the teachers' arms off.

That happened a long time ago...

Another thing from long ago was...school personnel knew who the bullies were, and, while they didn't encourage fighting, if a bully got an occasional punch from a victim (or their friend), no one was expelled and lawyers weren't involved. Better to solve these things with fists than with guns.

Upvote 0

AceHero

Veteran
Sep 10, 2005
✟21,933.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Firecycle said:
Have you ever heard the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty"?

It means that people should not be considered guilty of a crime until it's proven that you committed a crime.
Dude kids were killed! you know little defenceless kids. every time you stick up for gun ownership you pave the way for this to happen again like the last time.. The evil people were the ones who didn't stand up to outlaw guns last time!
If there were no guns the kids would be unharmed.
If you want guns you want the death of humans. and animals.. Guns are death!

Unfortunately in this nation, so many people fetishize guns that access to firearms is more important than ensuring that children don't get gunned down at school.

Serendipity.. said:
If you want your guns don't turn up in the next murdered child thread innocently. i have no guns and don't want any because I know my neibours are safer if nobody has them!
Your neighbor is not safer if nobody has them. Criminals are far less likely to break into someone's home when they're still there if they're in a society where owning a gun is common, and breaking into someone's house when they're still there isn't exactly safe for either party.

I don't own a gun and somehow my life and property has never been threatened.

Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately in this nation, so many people fetishize guns that access to firearms is more important than ensuring that children don't get gunned down at school.

I don't own a gun and somehow my life and property has never been threatened.
:)

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And another one:

11-year-old accused of bringing gun and 400 rounds of ammo to school

A responsible adult and a responsible gun owner would never have a gun & ammo available to a child.

Nail on!

If you want to play with guns, enlist to military service. There they will demystify guns & shooting and teach you responsible, safe gun handling and how not to keep loaded and unlocked guns available to children and criminals alike.

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd like to precede my point by stating that I advocate the right of individuals in this country to have guns, indeed I see it as a moral imperative to arm the proletariat.

That being said, the canard of "responsible gun owner" or "law abiding citizen" is absolutely ridiculous. A person is a law abiding citizen up to the point when they get caught, a responsible gun owner is some one who is responsible up until their negligence leads to a preventable death. Gun rights advocates would do well to drop these euphemisms and stick to the argument that gun ownership is a fundamental right that should be protected.

Upvote 0

Gailerina

Oct 21, 2013
Maryland
✟15,413.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do realize gun control means nothing to criminals, right?

Actually having stricter laws may make them more likely to have crime increase, since criminals know less people have a means to defend themselves.

No, I do not own a gun, but do I want to? yes. Do I believe its the only way to protect myself? No. If I ever did have a gun, even though I have no kids, it would still be locked away. Kids are getting guns because parents are irresponsible.

Also....why are so many teens turning to guns? I don't believe because they have access....no I believe there is a problem in the schools that needs to be fixed.

Let everyone do a nice little history less on people in history who have had strict gun control...come back and let me know what interesting things you have learned :)

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
UnLess you guys rally to tighten gun laws, jus like the last threads there will be many more like these and so many will have their lives cut short. Guns have no places in our cities, churches, schools shopping centres and homes. mUrder weapons are not for our friends but can be kept for the military for the alien invader.
Every time the pro gun lobby wants guns they have blood on their hands again. Its so bllod stained they no longer notice it...
Actually, the places with the tightest gun control are the SAME places that have the most shootings.

Upvote 0