east coast
✟7,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I'm Renee, I'm 20, and I use she/her pronouns. I recently found this forum and decided to join to possibly find other people with similar beliefs. I was raised baptist from the time I was born up until I was 18 and moved out. I struggled with my faith a decent amount because the church I was raised in had very conservative and bigoted opinions (mainly misogynistic and homophobic) and it made me despise the Bible and the idea of christianity for a while.

I've recently come to the realization that I don't have to agree with everyone who is considered to be a christian. I want to fix the relationship I had with God and get back into studying the Bible and further understanding it and forming my own opinion on what God wants from me. I'd still consider myself to be a baptist, but I do have a couple opinions that I know baptists would not agree with me on.

As far as other things involving current issues and social justice, I'll go ahead and say this: I support the LGBT community and I'm 100% pro choice. I also don't take the Bible literally, but I'm not sure if it's super common for people to take it super literally or not, but I don't.

Other than that, I think that's it. And I'm looking forward to see what other people are talking about on here and listening to similar or differing beliefs as well as learning how to strengthen my faith.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Renee.

I hope that you grow and find good connections here. It is wonderful you are getting back into the Bible and pray that God gives you revelation of His love and grace.

The Bible is against homosexuality/bisexuality, as in Romans 1, and I believe the Bible is God-breathed and still applicable for today. But don't take my words to be unwelcoming. It is Truth according to God's Word, not opinion. But I am not out for debate or to condemn you. The Bible is also for you, and you are deeply loved, Renee.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Welcome to CF, Renee. It would seem that not too many Baptists would agree with some of your positions. You might fit in better with some of the Mainline Protestant denominations. Anyway, while many/most of the posters here tend to take the Bible literally, that is certainly not true for everyone. Best wishes to you and God bless.

Upvote 0

renee2021

Jul 26, 2021
east coast
✟7,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Renee. It would seem that not too many Baptists would agree with some of your positions. You might fit in better with some of the Mainline Protestant denominations. Anyway, while many/most of the posters here tend to take the Bible literally, that is certainly not true for everyone. Best wishes to you and God bless.
Thank you, I haven’t been too successful in finding denominations with similar opinions on taking the Bible literally or not, so this was super helpful!

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Renee, welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

351645_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

75a95860d8cb03642bd5ee6ea7c8d28a.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums