✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, I know what you believe. :)
Yep and day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year I keep finding scientific evidence to verify what I believe is accurate and true. With minor adjustments of course. Because as you know my father was a doctor and that was the way he raised me. To check it out and to verify everything.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Contraire, there is an exact match because a paradigm is literal, precise and exact.
So Snowball Earth took place circa 650 mya.

Remind me: when did Noah get on his boat?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So Snowball Earth took place circa 650 mya.

Noah was 480 years old when God told him to build the Ark. Noah was the tenth generation from Adam, he was born 1056 years after Adam.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Noah was 480 years old when God told him to build the Ark. Noah was the tenth generation from Adam, he was born 1056 years after Adam.
So in no way near the time of Snowball Earth.

Glad we cleared that up.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yep and day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year I keep finding scientific evidence to verify what I believe is accurate and true. With minor adjustments of course. Because as you know my father was a doctor and that was the way he raised me. To check it out and to verify everything.

So about that abiogenesis calculation from Chuck Missler - did you check it out and verify it?
I don't think so....

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So in no way near the time of Snowball Earth.
Correct a paradigm takes place at a different point in time and even a different location. A paradigm is a type, pattern or model. The key here is this is an event that no human could have orchestrated or woven together. The event has to take place at an exact point in time and an exact location and this effects every life on the planet and every realm of life. Bible stories seem unusual to read because they have to be an exact representation of different events that take place at different times and in different locations. As they say history repeats itself.

A paradigm is defined as a pattern, model, template, prototype, exemplar, an archtype. Paradigms appear throughout the Bible. God is able to interweave and interconnect any one event with any other event and one moment with another moment. In this way He can join the ancient and the modern. The headlines in the news may look like a movie we saw or a story we read in the Bible. Happens all the time. I rarely go to movies but I saw the movie 2012 then once in the middle of the night I was watching the news and saw that movie being played out in Japan. God always tells us the future and what is going to happen.

Jonathan Cahn's book The Paradigm talks about King Ahab in the Bible and his wife. He shows a connection between King Ahab's story and Bill Clinton. He shows how the ancient kings of the paradigm corresponds to the modern leaders. In the Bible leaders are cast down and they die and the dogs lick their blood. Today in real life the leaders are cast down and they no longer have power. They then go on TV news shows where the dogs lick their wounds to comfort them. We live in the age of grace and we are not in the age of the law as they were in the past.

This is a long book that took me three days to read. So we can go to as much detail as you want about explaining paradigms and how we apply them to events in the past, present & future. Also we can use the example from science about how the new tree of life that they use for evolution is a new paradigm. Even though it was based on teaching that was around before Dawkins wrote his book. Everyone knew that embryonic development had something to do with evolution. Now we have made a LOT of progress in developmental studies to show a new field of what they call evo devo. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) tried to explain the connection between embryonic development and evolution but he did not understand the paradigm to be able to properly explain it.
Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Correct a paradigm takes place at a different point in time and even a different location. A paradigm is a type, pattern or model. The key here is this is an event that no human could have orchestrated or woven together. The event has to take place at an exact point in time and an exact location and this effects every life on the planet and every realm of life. Bible stories seem unusual to read because they have to be an exact representation of different events that take place at different times and in different locations. As they say history repeats itself.

A paradigm is defined as a pattern, model, template, prototype, exemplar, an archtype. Paradigms appear throughout the Bible. God is able to interweave and interconnect any one event with any other event and one moment with another moment. In this way He can join the ancient and the modern. The headlines in the news may look like a movie we saw or a story we read in the Bible. Happens all the time. I rarely go to movies but I saw the movie 2012 then once in the middle of the night I was watching the news and saw that movie being played out in Japan. God always tells us the future and what is going to happen.

Jonathan Cahn's book The Paradigm talks about King Ahab in the Bible and his wife. He shows a connection between King Ahab's story and Bill Clinton. He shows how the ancient kings of the paradigm corresponds to the modern leaders. In the Bible leaders are cast down and they die and the dogs lick their blood. Today in real life the leaders are cast down and they no longer have power. They then go on TV news shows where the dogs lick their wounds to comfort them. We live in the age of grace and we are not in the age of the law as they were in the past.

This is a long book that took me three days to read. So we can go to as much detail as you want about explaining paradigms and how we apply them to events in the past, present & future. Also we can use the example from science about how the new tree of life that they use for evolution is a new paradigm. Even though it was based on teaching that was around before Dawkins wrote his book. Everyone knew that embryonic development had something to do with evolution. Now we have made a LOT of progress in developmental studies to show a new field of what they call evo devo. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) tried to explain the connection between embryonic development and evolution but he did not understand the paradigm to be able to properly explain it.
Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829)
Again you miss the point. Snowball Earth is not the Noachian Flood.

As far as I can can see you are trying to say that real things happen at a point in time and Biblical things happen.... at a non specific time?

Whatever message you are trying to convey is lost in the inordinate amount of noise in your posts.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again you miss the point. Snowball Earth is not the Noachian Flood.
Yes and a evolutionary chart is not the real tree of life. One is symbolic and representative of the other. That is what a paradigm is. When you have a paradigm shift in science you shift from one paradigm to another one.

Everyone knows and agrees that the story is a metaphor. I am just saying that it is a paradigm and that is more exact and literal then a metaphor. I am just trying to show people what the difference is between a metaphor and a paradigm from a scientific perspective and viewpoint.

The reason the story is written the way that Moses wrote the story is because we are talking about an historical event AND we are learning about a paradigm. We know that in Noah's day his world was destroyed by water. Only Noah was able to save the bio diverse eco system on the ARk. This was the beginning of domestication because the very definition of domestication is to be able to transport a plant or animal species from one eco system to another one. In this case farming spread from the Middle East to Europe.

This last season Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico & California saw the worst disasters that they had ever seen from the weather and from fire. This actually is all a part of the paradigm of Noah because we are told that to expect this sort of thing in the last days. So it helps if we can understand the Paradigm.

2 Timothy 3:1 "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come."

Matthew 24:37 "As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man."

Paradigms have a past, present and a future. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. They say He is outside of time so past, present and future are all a part of the paradigm. Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. God knows the end from the beginning. You can not have an end without a beginning and you can not have a beginning without an end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whatever message you are trying to convey is lost in the inordinate amount of noise in your posts.
You should read the book written by Cahn. He does a very good job of explaining what a paradigm me. It would be against the rules for me to put a lot of that book here on this forum because of the political content. Or you could read the scientific articles that talks about the new paradigm in evolutionary science. That way you could get a scientific perspective on what a paradigm is and how sciences uses the word. Or just do your own google search if you do not understand the meaning of the word. If you want to read an article in a scientific journal then they expect you to know how to use a dictionary to look up the meaning of words. If you do not know the meaning of the words then you are not going to understand the article that you are trying to read.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
He does a very good job of explaining what a paradigm me.
I studied the philosophy of science at university; I know what it is.

You seem to be using it the same way Deepak Chopra uses the word quantum.

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be using it the same way Deepak Chopra uses the word quantum.
You are equating Evolutionary Science with Deepak Chopra? I never in a million billion years would have considered Evolutionary Science to be new age. Of course everything has an antithesis or what we call a counterfeit or forgery. That is the whole point that people can not tell what is fake from what is real. Just like todays fake news turns into tomorrows fake history. That is why we have a Bible and why many of us become Christians. We get tired of what does not work and we are looking for what is real and what works.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you only just learnt this word?
My first son introduced me to paradigm shift a long time ago, as a scientific concept. What I learned reading Jonathan Cahn book is how to explain what a paradigm is to others. We even learn that the reason God uses a Paradigm is so that a past generation can warn a future generation not to repeat their mistakes. The work that God did in and through Israel in the Old Testament or the Old Covenant - God is now doing in and through the Church in the New Testament with the New Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not very well?
Not very well what? This looks like an illegal flame but I will still respond that to explain just one word would take a whole book. Of course I can not write a book on one of these posts. I have to sum it up in a few words. You can always read the book for yourself or go online and read a summery of what the book says. Or go on youtube and listen to the author for yourself.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
to explain just one word would take a whole book.
No it doesn’t.

Take a look at this.

Paradigm, noun
  1. a typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model.
    "society's paradigm of the ‘ideal woman’"
  2. a set of linguistic items that form mutually exclusive choices in particular syntactic roles.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

According to history, it was some 11k years ago, in man's time. The first Human farming began on our planet in the valleys SW of Lake Van, Turkey, also called the Fertile Crescent. Noah was the first Human farmer on planet Earth.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Anyone with at least some semblance of an education can agree with the generalized statements I have made as to an ice age or a catastrophic event. In fact, it is one of the major theories taught in school as to the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs.
That being said, if an ice age did in fact occur according to science, then it could be possible that the world wasn't completely all ice, and some water was not frozen, which inevitably would be the flood referred to, as the ice age was worldwide from my understanding.
An asteroid hitting the earth, and blanketing the whole earth in a sort of "nuclear winter" blocking out the sun, could have initially caused a massive flood in proportions that the world had never seen. Those are plausible theories with evidence. Non-bible thumpers could even agree with that, from a scientific standpoint
No, an asteroid really isn’t scientific when it comes to the dinosaurs. People don’t like to talk about the 3 meter gap that exists before the K-T boundary. A gap in which to date three bones have been found and one set of tracks. Clearly dinosaurs were almost entirely extinct before the asteroid struck. And since 99.9% of all fossils before the three meter gap are found in sedimentary strata.....

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
According to history, it was some 11k years ago, in man's time. The first Human farming began on our planet in the valleys SW of Lake Van, Turkey, also called the Fertile Crescent. Noah was the first Human farmer on planet Earth.
Don’t believe you.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0