Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like the question from the old Kung Fu series. If a tree falls in the forest without ears to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer is, yes, but who cares?

And I think you'd be quite right ... ;) (Although, I do have to say that I used to love that old "Kung Fu" series when I was a kid.)

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will divide questions between theological (revealed knowledge) and philosophical. And all philosophical questions are answered by Deuteronomy 29:29. Everything else is theological.

Sometimes, it's "theo-illogical." ;)

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another annoying question... or statement really is whenever you provide evidence and the person responds with some random "fallacy". Its like a go to method when someone doesn't know what else to do. And sadly they don't realize theres even a fallacy for using fallacies in a conversation.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Another annoying question... or statement really is whenever you provide evidence and the person responds with some random "fallacy". Its like a go to method when someone doesn't know what else to do. And sadly they don't realize theres even a fallacy for using fallacies in a conversation.

Lol. Sounds like me at times! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the challenge of a koan is to go beyond logic, beyond thought. Not sure I'd use the word "escape".
The wonder / awe of Christianity is that once one embraces / is embraced by it, logic, thought, mental gymnastics, guessing, wondering, wishing, blaming, prejudice, judging, profanity, doubt (and so much more), all are overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit, the One and Only specific, honest, perfect presentation of interpretation / application of life. HE in us, making our Spiritual presentation before our Savior, who is our ever-present intercessor.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The wonder / awe of Christianity is that once one embraces / is embraced by it, logic, thought, mental gymnastics, guessing, wondering, wishing, blaming, prejudice, judging, profanity, doubt (and so much more), all are overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit, the One and Only specific, honest, perfect presentation of interpretation / application of life. HE in us, making our Spiritual presentation before our Savior, who is our ever-present intercessor.

I agree.

Though, it takes me awhile to make the transition.

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kung Fu
Master: When you can snatch the stone from my hand,you may leave the Temple.
Disciple: best two out of three? (after losing)
The Good News is that when we confessed Jesus as Savior He handed us the stone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Downhill Prevention!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot has happened to this man,since this debate but I still believe his reply will clear up your question.

I appreciate the video, but I'm not personally having a problem with the question itself. My irritation is that I get tired of hearing skeptics ask it.

Does this clear up why I answered the OP the way I did? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0