Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know several posters have lost sleep, tossing and turning about bettercallpaul. "I just wish he would say he loved me"
These are just some of the drawbacks to being a CF rockstar. Its a huge responsibility.

Oh, no! I was gonna go to sleep soon... What if I get that side effect?

It's a good thing I'm still new. Not fully affected yet. I've only been here for what, a week, a month? What? I don't even remember my life before...

This place is like a weird Christian version of the Twilight Zone. God, where have you led me?

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yep. Man after man clawing your door down, wanting an autograph. Must be difficult.

By this, I was implying that I'm a man, and I'm bettercallpaul's biggest fan. Nothing more.

Boy, newbies will be coming to this forum in flocks!

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the most irritating, mind-numbing philosophical question a person can ask?
The Buddhists have a question that annoys me, 'Am I conscious right now'?

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the most irritating, mind-numbing philosophical question a person can ask?
What is love? Me: god is love, read his word and you'll find your answer .

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Why does God let babies die?"
"Why does God let evil people live to old age but nice people die young?"
"Who created God?"
"Why does God let people go to hell if He loves them?"
"Why does the battery life of my Ipod only last about 30 minutes?"

Huh

I have always thought those were good questions.

Reactions: Left
Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where do CF members go to, when they leave this forum?
What percentage of CF members go to Hell?
Can you recommend an insurance plan that gets me to Heaven?
What is the meaning of Trump?

I have never heard those questions before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh

I have always thought those were good questions.
Well depending on whos asking they are. But for those who are opposed to God even existing and just want to repeat themselves over and over as to insult a christian, then in that case they are not good questions because those people hate God so much that they already gotten the answers but don't want an answer really. Just want to be trolls online.

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well depending on whos asking they are. But for those who are opposed to God even existing and just want to repeat themselves over and over as to insult a christian, then in that case they are not good questions because those people hate God so much that they already gotten the answers but don't want an answer really. Just want to be trolls online.

You are right about that.

There are things about God that I don't fully understand, but I am not going to question him or try to even insult his people. I know that I am human and that I am nothing but dust. God is wise and I am not. So I get what you are saying.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the challenge of a koan is to go beyond logic, beyond thought. Not sure I'd use the word "escape".

Could be, Paul. But, among some Zen Buddhists, the object in contemplating the koan is to help in reaching some kind discernible identification of various cognitive entities, such as the nature of 1 as compared to 2.

So, for instance, if I ask you, "Young Grasshopper, what is the sound of one hand clapping?" :handwaving: ,then you'll contemplate that paradox and perhaps arrive at an actual answer to tell your Zen master.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Could be, Paul. But, among some Zen Buddhists, the object in contemplating the koan is to help in reaching some kind discernible identification of various cognitive entities, such as the nature of 1 as compared to 2.

So, for instance, if I ask you, "Young Grasshopper, what is the sound of one hand clapping?" :handwaving: ,then you'll contemplate that paradox and perhaps arrive at an actual answer to tell your Zen master.

That koan . . . "what is the sound of one hand clapping" . . . always went "whoosh" right over my head.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That koan . . . "what is the sound of one hand clapping" . . . always went "whoosh" right over my head.

....I always thought that if I were to be asked that koan, I'd slap the person who asked it on the cheek and then say, "...it sounds something like that!" :D But, somehow, I don't think that would go over too well. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Well, I don't think of philosophical questions as irritating. But when they stubbornly refuse to admit to a satisfactory answer, that situation can be irritating.

"This sentence is false". How does one evaluate the truth of that sentence?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
....I always thought that if I were to be asked that koan, I'd slap the person who asked it on the cheek and then say, "...it sounds something like that!" :D But, somehow, I don't think that would go over too well. :rolleyes:
It sounds like the question from the old Kung Fu series. If a tree falls in the forest without ears to hear it, does it make a sound? The answer is, yes, but who cares?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0