Anne Coulter: GOP Crafts Plan to Wreck The Country, Lose Voters

We have plenty of resources for everybody, let them come, I dont see how those who claim to have the moral high ground would feel any other way. And from the steal jobs standpoint, immigrants are consumers just as much as anyone else so that in tuen creates more jobs, so somthing else is behind all this anti-immigrant rhetoric.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The American dream is one of greed, materialism, and discounts culture, traditions, and organic compositions of society. It is a progressive concept which traditional conservatives highly reject.

That is how many see it. Those who do see it that way, or make that case, really ought to take a vow of poverty and join some mystical religious orders or the like. Otherwise, the objection comes off as rather hypocritical.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In which case they won't be getting any votes at all.

The true colors, genuine conservative conviction, of the far right were on display in the last two elections. Obama only won because they stayed home. Even then he didn't have a mandate, although he immediately began acting as if he had been crowned king by acclamation.

There are plenty of conservative votes out there. All that is needed is the right candidate.

Upvote 0
That is how many see it. Those who do see it that way, or make that case, really ought to take a vow of poverty and join some mystical religious orders or the like. Otherwise, the objection comes off as rather hypocritical.

One can see the reality of something while being a full participant, that would make them a willing actor.

If on the other hand the were hypocrites then they would see the reality and decry the action while being a participant and trying to obscure that fact.

Because indeed amerika is the greediest. Where else could the great Satan (as a friend of mine used to say) , Wal-Mart exist and thrive. We shoot ourselves in the foot by shoping for junk at Wal-Mart. A breif look at consumer debt in amerika show us just how greedy amerikans are. I think of the J.G. Wentworth comercial tagline to describe amerikans "it's my money, and I want it now".

I myself am somewhere between a willing participant and opting out of the nonsense, not joining any religious order or taking a vow of poverty, just trying to do with the things Jesus said we need in Matthew 24, food and raiment, I consider all else a blessing not an entitlement or a way of life.

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

I am not saying people should peruse a more comfortable life, but when materialism helps define America, then what does that even say about Americans and whether America is truly a nation or not?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The true colors, genuine conservative conviction, of the far right were on display in the last two elections. Obama only won because they stayed home. Even then he didn't have a mandate, although he immediately began acting as if he had been crowned king by acclamation.

There are plenty of conservative votes out there. All that is needed is the right candidate.

And what does that "right candidate" look like?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And what does that "right candidate" look like?

The right candidate must be right for the time, and we don't know what the times will be until it arrives. The mood of the party can change as well. We just have to wait and see. That said I don't see another Reagan on the horizon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The true colors, genuine conservative conviction, of the far right were on display in the last two elections. Obama only won because they stayed home.

So long as the "genuine conservative conviction" is to stay home and do nothing, I don't see them being very influential.

Even then he didn't have a mandate, although he immediately began acting as if he had been crowned king by acclamation.

Or at least President -- which he was, because the opposition chose to do nothing instead of stop him.

Sleeping Beauty waited centuries for her Prince Charming -- and people actually wanted to find her.

Disney's Snow White - Someday My Prince Will Come - YouTube

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

They stayed home because they had no chance of winning, and the chances of such a candidate winning are growing slimmer each election cycle. Soon even state positions will start to elude them.

Upvote 0

SnowCal

50 Cent Party
Jan 24, 2012
✟9,835.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

That's a lot of 'common sense' opinion but it has no bearing in reality.

Turnout in 2008 was the highest it's been since 1968. The highest turnout in 4 decades. You can blame the election results on folks staying home but the fact is that more decided to cast their ballot than during any election in my life. Turnout in 2012 was even higher.

As far as mandates, Obama got 53% of the vote in 2008. That's better than any victory since GHWB in 1988. Better than the 51% that the media declared a 'mandate' when GWB won in 2004. Heck, it's better than the 51% Ronnie Raygun got in 1980.

Consider the facts. They undermine your narrative.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They stayed home because they had no chance of winning, and the chances of such a candidate winning are growing slimmer each election cycle. Soon even state positions will start to elude them.

True. I personally am a 'just right of center independent conservative'. Oh that there were more like me. :D

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I am not saying people should peruse a more comfortable life, but when materialism helps define America, then what does that even say about Americans and whether America is truly a nation or not?

Materialism is not what defines America. The pursuit of happiness is how the American dream has been defined from the outset.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

conamer

Pfft, nice pipe dream. The establishment buy these advisors who always tell them how to win, Don't critisize the President, that will lose the independents." Uh-huh. " Be more moderate." Okay, so how is that working? Too bad these political advisors don't get paid on merit and results. I believe a strong conservative will tell most people what they are already thinking.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Pfft, nice pipe dream. The establishment buy these advisors who always tell them how to win, Don't critisize the President, that will lose the independents." Uh-huh. " Be more moderate." Okay, so how is that working? Too bad these political advisors don't get paid on merit and results. I believe a strong conservative will tell most people what they are already thinking.

Data shows that to be incorrect. Social conservatism is a minority and shrinking rapidly, there is a massive generational gap, and each election cycle is seeing a large chunk taken out of their base.

This has left fiscal conservatives largely without a home, partially because they see the writing on the wall, and partially because many of them don't hold those values. For them smaller government means being more liberal socially and letting people have those freedoms.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The right candidate must be right for the time, and we don't know what the times will be until it arrives. The mood of the party can change as well. We just have to wait and see. That said I don't see another Reagan on the horizon.

There isn't even another Romney on the Horizon.:cool:

Upvote 0