Sex, Lies, and Murder: Nevada State GOP Candidate’s Former In-Law Goes Scorched Earth on Her

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This story needs a "Soap" intro.

A wild feud between a rising GOP star and the mom of her late ex-husband erupted into public view on Wednesday when candidate Elizabeth Helgelien’s infuriated former mother-in-law accused the MAGA-centric Nevada politician of being a liar and an adulterer.

[Helgelien's ex] Daniel Halseth, Christine Halseth’s son, was stabbed to death in 2021 by the couple’s teenage daughter, Sierra Halseth, and her boyfriend, Aaron Guerrero. The pair are now serving life sentences.

In a scathing op-ed published Wednesday in The Nevada Globe, Halseth pleaded with Helgelien to drop out of the race for the state’s 3rd Congressional District “for my family’s sake, and out of respect for voters and the office she’s seeking.”

“Elizabeth raised a murderer, was forced out of office after a series of sex scandals, was caught in a series of lies, posed for lewd photographs, and has already proven to be unelectable,” Halseth wrote.

Daniel Halseth and Helgelien both attended Corban University, a private evangelical Christian school in Salem, Oregon. [As did the man Helgelien was having an affair with and later married.]

Reactions: JustOneWay

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's so hard to keep track anymore. Which one was Jessica Hahn again?
Jim and Tammy Bakker, wasn't it? The PTL Club used to come on TV just before wrestling Sunday mornings. I used to watch it on my little Sony b&w before I got cable. Since this was Manhattan, the broadcast signals used to bounce off the buildings and multiply so the TV received several signals at the same time giving everyone three or four eyes. I didn't know what Tammy looked like until years later.

Upvote 0