Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Next one is about angels. I read Christ the Lord & found it pretty good. The historical context was excellent imo.

Novelist Anne Rice Goes 'Angelic'

Best-selling novelist Anne Rice’s fictional stories have followed her faith journey and reversion to the Catholic faith of her youth. Best known for her vampire novels, after returning to Catholicism, Rice penned a novel about the young Jesus Christ. Now she’s tackling angels.
Next week, her novel Angel Time, hits the stands.

“In my earlier books, I never had the courage to put someone on the side of the angels,” Rice said.

“I’ve always been fascinated with angels and by the passages in the Bible pertaining to angels,” said Rice. “Angels are evidence of God’s love for us.”
In the book, she writes about the angelic character Malchiac.

“I’m dealing with the Christian and Jewish traditions,” said Rice. “I was dealing with constraints that I found exciting. I wanted to work with those constraints. I wanted to see how true I could be to the traditions about angels, but bring them to life in a whole different way.”

“I’ve always been interested in these powerful messengers from heaven who can intervene in our lives on behalf of the Almighty, and I’ve always been fascinated by peoples’ stories of their experiences with angels,” Rice added. “I try to give my version of what they would be like interacting with us on earth.”

For a more realistic take on angels and what we know about them, check out Opus Sanctorum Angelorum, a religious order devoted to the Work of the Holy Angels. They’ve done more thinking, praying, writing, preaching, and cooperating with the angels than nearly any order I know.

Continued- http://www.ncregister.com/daily/novelist_anne_rice_goes_angelic/

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just went to her website, and it seems that she is going to do a whole series about angels, called "Songs of the Seraphim." So now I am really confused. Is she doing two different series back and forth? Inquiring minds want to know. This is a good question for Davidnic. He might know...librarians always know...

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In her book about her re-conversion, she said that after her husband's death and her near death experience, that she would only "write for God" from that moment on.

I would classify the story of her re-conversion, her two books about Jesus' childhood and early ministry, and this book about angels as all being written for God, and so she has stayed true to her promise.

I've read the others, although I've never read her Vampire books, and I look forward to this one.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Really? I thought she was going to continue her series on the life of Christ. Is this just a side-step or is she not going back to the books about Jesus?

Side step. She normally does a few series at once. When she was doing her other novels she would be working on a Vampire chronicle, a mayfair witch book and a ghost story at the same time.

She is working on, and I think close, to the next one in her life of Christ series.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
She is going to do one last vampire book. One that focuses on redemption and ties the series together. Her Vampire books, although they can not be considered Christian...do touch on the questions of God and His mercy. And the main character started out with a vocation to the priesthood. I expect that when she does the final one she will tie it together as a long road through darkness...similar to her own.

Upvote 0

NewMan99

New CF: More Political, Less Charity, No Unity
Mar 20, 2005
Earth
✟18,235.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Side step. She normally does a few series at once. When she was doing her other novels she would be working on a Vampire chronicle, a mayfair witch book and a ghost story at the same time.

She is working on, and I think close, to the next one in her life of Christ series.

Ah...thanks. I was hoping that was the case. I am always astonished at people who can pump out large quantities of high quality work. They must have developed very good working habits early on.

I love the picture of Lily. I looks like her bear is praying.

Upvote 0