GigageiTsula

Legend
Oct 8, 2007
✟80,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Osiyo (pronounced O-C-O)! This means hello in Cherokee. I'm known around here as Ani (Ah-Nee), because of my previous username, which was AniGequoti (Ah-Nee-Gay-Quoo-Tee). So, to make things simply around here, you can just call me Ani. I'm back and re-opening and reviving my old Talking Circle here in this forum.

rwc-div-native16_zps4747c89d.gif
rwc-div-native16_zps4747c89d.gif

Below is the original post of my Talking Circle thread.

Hau. Mitaku Oyapi. Hello, all my relatives. This is the Lakota greeting for all people. It is the Native American philosophy that in this world we are all related. In my Talking Circle, there are no boundaries of race, color, gender or religion. In my Talking Circle, we all are relatives. I welcome you and invite you to come and sit for a while. The Talking Circle is based on respect for others, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. It is a way of communication in the Native American culture that is quite different than the usual competitive ways of communication out in the world. Within the Talking Circle, the concern for others will begin to take precedence over your own worries in life. You will learn to listen. So much can be gained by listening. Is it a coincidence that our Creator gave us one mouth and two ears? No, not really. It is the respect within the circle which allows the heart to be shared with each other. What we share with each other can bring healing to our hearts. This Talking Circle is about healing and reconciliation. I think that both are in dire need here in this forum and on the rest of this Christian site.

First and foremost, this Talking Circle is not a promotion of Native American spirituality nor is it to be used as a springboard for scrutinizing Native American spirituality. I also want to make it clear that I will not participate in any criticism against NDN spirituality nor against any other kind of religion. I want this Talking Circle to be a place where healing and reconciliation can take place. I believe that respect for others, despite our differences, and listening to what others have to say, without being harsh or judgmental, are the keys to its success here. In order for this to be accomplished, I must ask that all participants in the Talking Circle to please refrain from any kind of debate or arguments. Please refrain from criticizing others who are different from you, whether by religion or race. Please be respectful of others, even if you disagree with them. Simply, treat others as you would like to be treated, with respect and dignity. Please refrain from arguing and debating here in our Circle.

The purpose of this Talking Circle is strengthen ourselves and each other. It is open to help strengthen our relationships with our Creator, our families, our friends, and our communities. We are all God's children with varying nationalities and ancestry. I offer an invitation to all through this thread to come together in respect and in honor. Please understand that we each come from all walks of life, all different States and Countries. We each have different religious and or political views. Despite our many differences, we can work together for peace among ourselves and all people. No one wants to be offended nor do we want to offend each other. Let us all make sure we are being respectful of each other and their right to choose their own belief system and/or political views. As I have already said, there are no boundaries of race, color, gender or religion here in my Talking Circle. Peace is seeing others through the eyes of the heart - spanning race, color and religion. All are welcome here. You are welcome here. May your time here be blessed and may it be an encouragement to you. I look forward to getting to know new people here and reconnecting with old friends as well. Please take a few moments to introduce yourself to the rest of the Circle. Thank you very much.

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do
to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect." Chief Seattle

Welcome to my Talking Circle!
walkbalwel_zps4f34ecc3.gif

Last edited:

GigageiTsula

Legend
Oct 8, 2007
✟80,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi <wave> I was wondering how did the Natives make a peace pipe? is it carved out of wood with a knife? I'm not exactly sure how to make or carve a peace pipe.

Hello bibledoctor, and welcome to my Talking Circle! I honestly don't know how a peace pipe is made. I'm sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GigageiTsula

Legend
Oct 8, 2007
✟80,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Elder's Meditation of the Day September 25

"Even the trees have spirits - everything has a spirit."

--Mary Hayes, CLAYOQUOT

The trees are great teachers. The trees are great listeners. That is why we should meditate in their presence. The Great spirit is in every rock, every animal, every human being, and in every tree. The Great Spirit has been in some trees for hundreds of years. Therefore, the trees have witnessed and heard much. The trees are the Elders of the Elders. Their spirits are strong and very healing.

Great Spirit, teach me respect for all spiritual things.

White Bison.org

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.