Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of anime is based on other source material, such as manga or light novels. The anime appears to have ended, there is no news about it being continued, but there is still lots of source material that the series didn't get to. So, are there any such series that are either ended or stalled that you hope will be continued?

Here's one of mine:

Yona of the Dawn
The anime came out a few years ago, and I really enjoyed it. The story in the manga has now gone will past where the anime ended. I still have a bit of hope it'll be continued some day, but it's really not a much of a hope, and I've seen no news on it continuing.

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Tokyo ESP is my first one, since they only covered,...maybe 4-5 volumes in the 12 episodes and there's a LOT more content (about 10+ volumes, I'd wager), with really cool stuff that happens. And apparently the manga got licensed in English by Vertical in 2015 (though Vertical was acquired by Kodansha USA recently, iirc), so that's nice, because I didn't think the manga would get licensed.

Hinomaru Zumou likely would have at least 2 more 25 episode seasons left, I enjoyed it even if I really never enjoyed sumo as a sport

Promised Neverland dropped the ball with the 2nd season and really just decided that it was more worth it to restructure the story and then NOT follow up with a 3rd season

Radiant likely has enough material for another 2 cour, maybe they're waiting for more so they don't overlap and such

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Anime genre in general tends to leave people hanging. Unless it's really popular (and makes lots of $$$ each season) in Japan, the odds of seeing the whole story adapted to anime is pretty slim. If it's not an anime with 100s of episodes, (like Naruto, Fairy Tail, or Bleach) 2 seasons is a pretty good run. If season 2 is followed up with a movie, that's probably it.

I used to have a short list of animes I would like to see continue since plot points were discussed that had not yet happened, or a new character was introduced all of a sudden at the end of last episode. However, I've found it far easier to manage by not expecting anything after a second season, (or a first season in the case of a light novel adaptation) since that seems to be the limit of this genre.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The Anime genre in general tends to leave people hanging. Unless it's really popular (and makes lots of $$$ each season) in Japan, the odds of seeing the whole story adapted to anime is pretty slim. If it's not an anime with 100s of episodes, (like Naruto, Fairy Tail, or Bleach) 2 seasons is a pretty good run. If season 2 is followed up with a movie, that's probably it.

I used to have a short list of animes I would like to see continue since plot points were discussed that had not yet happened, or a new character was introduced all of a sudden at the end of last episode. However, I've found it far easier to manage by not expecting anything after a second season, (or a first season in the case of a light novel adaptation) since that seems to be the limit of this genre.

Lot of it does seem to rely on financial profitability and if it doesn't manage it, the best you can hope for are OVAs that are smaller projects.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I seem to recall the studio that did it, Xebec, unfortunately went bankrupt, iirc, and yet they were WELL KNOWN for doing To-LOVE-Ru, which in total had about...4-5 seasons of 12 episodes each, plus OVAs.

Yet Yuuna only got 3 OVAs to my knowledge, it just never did as well, even though it lasted longer than Demon Slayer, which is a MASSIVE success by contrast, possibly because of being promoted more, while Yuuna was a mere blip of 12 episodes and only got localized by Seven Seas, around the same time as Demon Slayer got localized by Viz. So much boils down to notoriety, which means if you aren't important enough or not spoken about enough, no one cares and you fade into obscurity.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ranma 1/2. There's still a lot of manga left to cover.

Claymore, although they'd probably have to start it over again. The anime changed things a bit, and that would be tough to fix.

3X3 Eyes. They barely touched the manga.
I remember with Ranma it got complex in who had the rights to some of the movies, but I feel like Takahashi sensei tends to have a "curse" in terms of adaptations, since only Inuyasha, to my knowledge, has completed. I enjoyed Rinne, but supposedly it only covered maybe...30% or so of the manga, and there's rights' issues there too with who can stream what season, last I checked

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I remember with Ranma it got complex in who had the rights to some of the movies, but I feel like Takahashi sensei tends to have a "curse" in terms of adaptations, since only Inuyasha, to my knowledge, has completed. I enjoyed Rinne, but supposedly it only covered maybe...30% or so of the manga, and there's rights' issues there too with who can stream what season, last I checked

Urusei Yatsura completed, thanks to the OVAs. They might have skipped some stuff that was in the manga, I'm not sure, but they did get to the end. And I'm happy to say that I have a complete collection of the Urusei Yatsura TV series, OVAs, and movies.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Urusei Yatsura completed, thanks to the OVAs. They might have skipped some stuff that was in the manga, I'm not sure, but they did get to the end. And I'm happy to say that I have a complete collection of the Urusei Yatsura TV series, OVAs, and movies.
And Viz decided to stop dragging their feet and not only license the manga (Lum a bit weird of a localization), but several other classics, like Fist of the North Star, Dragon Quest: Adventure of Dai and probably others I've forgotten

Upvote 0

Bramblewild

Apr 16, 2019
Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another one that I really wish would be continued is March Comes In Like A Lion.

I put the anime for March up there with FMA/FMA:B as my very top-tier series. I've heard the story goes on after the point where the anime ended. I hope they get around to continuing it some day.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Another one that I really wish would be continued is March Comes In Like A Lion.

I put the anime for March up there with FMA/FMA:B as my very top-tier series. I've heard the story goes on after the point where the anime ended. I hope they get around to continuing it some day.

Monthly series do suffer that major delay because they don't want to overtake the manga. Attack on Titan had those gaps of time between seasons for a similar reason and the final season coming out seems like, according to one rumor, they won't even finish it in part 2, but will complete everything with a movie, which is almost believable with the amount of content left.

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TruthInLight

Sep 28, 2018
Portland
✟33,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Series I was hoping get another season and got one

Masamune-kun's Revenge
In/Spectre
The Detective Is Already Dead
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World

Series I wish gets another season and nothing heard about

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
Peach Boy Riverside
Dorohedoro
Talentless Nana
Assassins pride
Gleipnir
Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt
In The Land of Leadale
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town
Wonder Egg Priority
Otherside Picnic

I hope My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom and I'm Standing on a Million Lives get a third season. There are many anime series that got a third season. Those two are deserving.

At the time of this post, the shows I listed stopped where they are at. One or more of them may get another season picked up. There are many other anime I didn't list that I want to see continued. I want Leadale to get a second season, I thought it still had more to offer. I was happy to learn about Masamune-kun's Revenge getting a season 2, there were things that were left unresolved. I'm thrilled about In/Spectre continuing, I didn't want the show to be left hanging with the Steel Lady Nanase arc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums